Pembroke College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants Watch

Nebuduck
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I thought we were going for some kind of record...

Anyway, I'll take this opportunity to say that I made my offer - I'll be coming up in a couple of weeks!
toddy21
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is there anybody out there who can tell me about Pembroke college in Cambridge? I'm applying to do mml there (french and spanish). Any help would be very much appreciated
Craghyrax
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by toddy21)
Is there anybody out there who can tell me about Pembroke college in Cambridge? I'm applying to do mml there (french and spanish). Any help would be very much appreciated
They have their own thread in 'Cambridge colleges and subjects' subforum above your head, along with an MML thread.
nirvathema
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was wondering if anyone knew the deadline for sending in the History school/college essays? (I'm applying to Pembroke, but presumably all colleges would have the same deadline?) My friend's received a letter about her deadline for SPS, but I haven't heard from Pembroke about the essay or interview. Also I can't seem to find the deadline on the website...
The West Wing
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you haven't heard then wait. All colleges have separate processes.
Captain_cherry_tango
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by nirvathema)
I was wondering if anyone knew the deadline for sending in the History school/college essays? (I'm applying to Pembroke, but presumably all colleges would have the same deadline?) My friend's received a letter about her deadline for SPS, but I haven't heard from Pembroke about the essay or interview. Also I can't seem to find the deadline on the website...
I haven't heard anything from Queens' for lit yet either. Don't worry about it. All colleges are different
LH123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The West Wing)
If you haven't heard then wait. All colleges have separate processes.
Indeed, I am sitting here waiting for information myself.

Maybe they just don't want me and thus I have to send in no essays... :p:
MayDay102
Report 10 years ago
hello to the persn applying for pembroke. i have advice for essay submitting there. Your intreviewer will ask you detailed quetsions on BOTH essays so make sure you know your stuff. i interviewed there last year and thought that the essays were just another way of choosing between applicants, not on actually offering places!

Im sure you knew this already of course!
FadedJade
  • CV Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They will let you know when they want them. The deadline is not necessarily the same for each college. It's done differently this year now that the SAQ is online. When I had a paper copy we had to send them with the SAQ I believe, but that was a few years ago. As its (presumably) the first year of doing it this way, you might have to wait a while. [email protected] PANIC.
ukebert
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi everyone,

I'm going to a formal at Pembroke next week, I'm enquiring about the dress code. Obviously a gown, but it is a "feast formal" or something. Does this mean black tie?
FadedJade
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nope, just shirt and trousers. You don't actually need your gown if you're from another college but you are welcome to wear it. Feast formal simply means you get an extra course :teeth:
ukebert
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Nina)
Nope, just shirt and trousers. You don't actually need your gown if you're from another college but you are welcome to wear it. Feast formal simply means you get an extra course :teeth:
Nice :teeth:

I want to wear black tie more In fact it is a massive temptation not to wear my gown everywhere :p:

Anyway, the formal is with the CUCB. Should be good fun.
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ukebert)
I want to wear black tie more In fact it is a massive temptation not to wear my gown everywhere :p:

Hmm.. I'll see if I can bring you along to a black tie event next week.

And feel free to wear your gown everywhere. James Lloyd always did, and still does. Its quite fitting that you should come along to replace him as the only undergrad to do so. The only difference between his undergrad and postgrad behaviour is that he now doffs a mortarboard :rolleyes:
LUFCsuperstar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey ppl I'm applying to Pembroke for PPS and was wondering if they ask you a lot about your essay at interview?

And also any other interview tips for PPS in general

(this actually may be the wrong place for this post come to think of it)
Ozzbozz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Apparently they do. I'm just sorting out my essays now, but they're pretty long...like 6 pages each. Of course theyre not timed or anything but I hope it doesn't look like I'm being 'extra'

I'm applying for Land Economy, so sending off an Economics one and an English Lit one - surely they won't ask me too much about my work on Par. Lost?
davidsmith
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got an offer for an interview at Pembroke in December for Economics and would really appreciate if anyone could give me some tips for the interview. Some questions that are usually asked etc. Thanks in advance

By the way how am I expected to dress? Suit?
remiredo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've received an email saying I've got an interview on the 8th Dec for Chem Engineering!
FadedJade
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm helping out with the Pembroke interviews - so maybe I'll see some of you there!
remiredo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
what kind of things do they ask at the interview??
FadedJade
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't bother even asking that question. It is a quick way to get yourself banned.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads