ButtonsBile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
http://www.hoddereducation.co.uk/med...5.pdf?ext=.pdf Helpful article on the MDGs and if it was successful. No doubt we'll have to comment on its possible success in the exam.
Loafie
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Natalierm2707)
Just to clarify where the AIB seems to be lacking on the whole shipping to mombassa point. from my teachers research he discovered that the medical supplies shipped into mombassa were not distributed there, they seemed to go to niarobi to the central distribution centre then back to mombassa based on the population of the area.

Seems a bit flawed really - this is a really good point to make!
Do you by any chance have a source for this bit of info?

Also to add in, under Item 3, "each warehouse is sent a proportion of the stock supplies, based on proportion of population" - so not by need, extremely inefficient! Another point for future development
Mutmit287
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Loafie)
Do you by any chance have a source for this bit of info?

Also to add in, under Item 3, "each warehouse is sent a proportion of the stock supplies, based on proportion of population" - so not by need, extremely inefficient! Another point for future development
Your last point there is MAJOR, it is probably the one of the main problems with the system, because even if the supplies do reach the areas with the poor transport system, they never meet demand, and some areas have too much and it just sits there.

And sorry no i dont, I have tried doing some research but nothing has come up, my teacher said he looked for ages and it seemed like it was that way, that it came to mambassa, to go to nairobi then to get back to mombassa!
Loafie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Your last point there is MAJOR, it is probably the one of the main problems with the system, because even if the supplies do reach the areas with the poor transport system, they never meet demand, and some areas have too much and it just sits there.

And sorry no i dont, I have tried doing some research but nothing has come up, my teacher said he looked for ages and it seemed like it was that way, that it came to mambassa, to go to nairobi then to get back to mombassa!
Yes so some areas might be facing an epidemic and others are hogging the resources! Also a link to technology, a system based on supply and demand would greatly advance effectiveness.

No worries! It's a great point, so we are assuming that Mombasa's healthcare system is also limited?

Also I have a question for when you are assessing whether the MDGs have been achieved, do you go through each goal (i.e. 1-8) and assess each one individually? Do you think there's enough time?
Mutmit287
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes so some areas might be facing an epidemic and others are hogging the resources! Also a link to technology, a system based on supply and demand would greatly advance effectiveness.

No worries! It's a great point, so we are assuming that Mombasa's healthcare system is also limited?

Also I have a question for when you are assessing whether the MDGs have been achieved, do you go through each goal (i.e. 1-8) and assess each one individually? Do you think there's enough time?
in terms of the MDG's I would see what the question asks, you cannot go through all of them, My teacher recommends you go over one that they are making significant progress, one where there has been little change and one where there has been a regression as it covers all bases so you can come to a rounded conclusion.

That is true in terms of the technology, but you have to think that kenya does not have the technology nor the communications infastructure to have a complex supply meeting demand system. so that would have to be tackled first.
Loafie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
in terms of the MDG's I would see what the question asks, you cannot go through all of them, My teacher recommends you go over one that they are making significant progress, one where there has been little change and one where there has been a regression as it covers all bases so you can come to a rounded conclusion.

That is true in terms of the technology, but you have to think that kenya does not have the technology nor the communications infastructure to have a complex supply meeting demand system. so that would have to be tackled first.
Cool, very helpful thank you!

Of course, perhaps this could be tackled by donations from an NGO (probably unrealistic but nevertheless), which would take many years to build up.
Mutmit287
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Cool, very helpful thank you!

Of course, perhaps this could be tackled by donations from an NGO (probably unrealistic but nevertheless), which would take many years to build up.
yep or you could go with the paper method, on every delivery a paper is collected stating stock and what is needed. - but it has many many flaws
MikeBird
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Great video on riders, recent information

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=162&v=Yz1k8-vv9iQ

Also found this relating to the new office for riders opening at Liberia in response to the Ebola crisis

http://observer.gm/riders-for-health...ce-in-liberia/
Fran29
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone have a copy of the zigzag booklet they can put online?
subject1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fran29)
Does anyone have a copy of the zigzag booklet they can put online?
It would be copyright infringement and there would be undesirable consequences. Apparently ZigZag is quite strict with this.

Just ask your school for it, if they don't have it then ask someone else privately! I don't think TSR would appreciate it.
shannonmills97
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anyone have any simple (emphasis on simple ) ways of revising for this and preparing for it? Slightly stressing about the fact that I have barely focussed on this in contrast to unit 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
subject1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shannonmills97)
Anyone have any simple (emphasis on simple ) ways of revising for this and preparing for it? Slightly stressing about the fact that I have barely focussed on this in contrast to unit 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
My teacher said that there isn't really a way of "revising" for it. You just have to understand the concepts etc. and you just need to express your opinion and justify them. The "only" things that you could really prepare for is for any data and research.

Otherwise, it is difficult to prepare because you don't know what sort of questions they would be. However, key themes to do a bit of planning for imo are:

- Evaluate how good Riders are and how they could be used.
- Kenya's geography and how that impacts on healthcare
- Issues with Kenya's healthcare
- and how to improve Kenya's healthcare.

These are just the four items in chronological order, but those are really what the booklet is about!

and then there is of course the MDGs.
tsr9002
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Could anybody tell me what they know about exam technique? I am having to retake this exam since I didn't do as well as I'd hoped last year - I felt like I had a good amount of knowledge (including further research) so I struggle to see why I did badly compared to my other Geography exams
subject1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tsr9002)
Could anybody tell me what they know about exam technique? I am having to retake this exam since I didn't do as well as I'd hoped last year - I felt like I had a good amount of knowledge (including further research) so I struggle to see why I did badly compared to my other Geography exams
Wait so you did the 4B last year??? How did you do?? what tips do you have??
thelaughingsam
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I honestly havent gone over any of geog4b for two weeks, too consumed by my other exams. its kind of unanimous in my class that everyone will start their revision for this only a couple of days from the exam due to conflicting exams in the same week. Of course, I've done some research, printed off booklets and interesting things but I am not revising for this until 16th June which is when I'm available to devote all my time on this. Is that totally crazy or,,,??!
elliec_
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing the exact same thing, including the 16th!
I feel like it's too vague to revise and know what's going to be on this anyways. I hate it sooo much, even more than geog 3 of which at the moment just seems so colossal as well😩
boing360
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone got any good info on the SDG's, i can only seem to find what they mean and that the goals have yet to have been fully decided
geegee1
Report 4 years ago
Guys just found this gem, even mentions endless negatives about health riders such as accidents and lack of training
http://www.thensmc.com/sites/default...%20study_0.pdf

Hope it helps everyone
shannonmills97
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by thelaughingsam)
I honestly havent gone over any of geog4b for two weeks, too consumed by my other exams. its kind of unanimous in my class that everyone will start their revision for this only a couple of days from the exam due to conflicting exams in the same week. Of course, I've done some research, printed off booklets and interesting things but I am not revising for this until 16th June which is when I'm available to devote all my time on this. Is that totally crazy or,,,??!
You're not crazy! I might start properly then too, although my major problem is that I have sociology and geog3 on the 15th, sociology on the 18th and english and geography on the 19th! Ugh, hate how close they are together :'(
subject1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shannonmills97)
You're not crazy! I might start properly then too, although my major problem is that I have sociology and geog3 on the 15th, sociology on the 18th and english and geography on the 19th! Ugh, hate how close they are together :'(
Tbh I think with Geog4b it is less about "revising" and more about "swimming in the booklet" (sorry can't think of a better analogy)

It is less about learning the facts and figures but more about how you would evaluate the situation and justifying it. There isn't really a way of revising for it because you do not know the questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.3%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.26%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.44%

Watched Threads