The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
A single world order is the only way we can fix the world.
we need policies to trust eachother and we don't trust other countries because we have no power over them so we need some global power to control all the countries.

ill take that as a yes...
Glory to the new British Empire!
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Glory to the new British Empire!
More like all powerful United States of earth based somewhere like st heleana away from everyone...
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
More like all powerful United States of earth based somewhere like st heleana away from everyone...
You think Zimbabwe will go along with that?

The only way you get you global government is if you begin the imperial age anew.
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
A single world order is the only way we can fix the world.
we need policies to trust eachother and we don't trust other countries because we have no power over them so we need some global power to control all the countries.

ill take that as a yes...
I like that, a world ruled by me

Yes you can take that as a yes.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You think Zimbabwe will go along with that?

The only way you get you global government is if you begin the imperial age anew.
Why Zimbabwe???

or let it naturally happen, as the world becomes more inter-connected the unity of Africa, North America, South America, Europe and Oceania are inevitable (maybe not Asia) and after that single world governance is assured. Going to war to force it wouldn't work.
(Original post by tehFrance)
I like that, a world ruled by me

Yes you can take that as a yes.
Thank you
but I'm ruling, I'd make an army of super soldiers and infuse my DNA with that of the immortal jellyfish making me the undying ruler of earth.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Why Zimbabwe???

or let it naturally happen, as the world becomes more inter-connected the unity of Africa, North America, South America, Europe and Oceania are inevitable (maybe not Asia) and after that single world governance is assured. Going to war to force it wouldn't work.

Thank you
but I'm ruling, I'd make an army of super soldiers and infuse my DNA with that of the immortal jellyfish making me the undying ruler of earth.
Just an example.

I can see bigger blocks forming and possibly Europe+Anglosphere eventually becoming one but i can't see these blocks coming together. Why would we ever join a union that included Muslim countries in the Middle East for example.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just an example.

I can see bigger blocks forming and possibly Europe+Anglosphere eventually becoming one but i can't see these blocks coming together. Why would we ever join a union that included Muslim countries in the Middle East for example.
We are not all Christians... Most of us are secularist and Islam is slowly becoming westernised. I personally quite like Muslims and haven't met a bad one thus far (I know Islamic terrorism is a thing) but I don't think a few bad eggs mean you rule them all out. And anyway, if they wanted is they could threaten to stave us of oil...
That Bearded Man
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I agree with Rakas, we must dispense with our pointless bouts with China, Russia and the United States. Zimbabwe is the new threat!

Not any more.

Zimbabwe vs Ireland
ICC Cricket World Cup, Game 30
Saturday 7 March, 03:30
Bellerive Oval, Hobart

Ireland
vs
Zimbabwe

331/8 (50) 326/10 (49.3)
Ireland won by 5 runs
All times are in United Kingdom Time
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
We are not all Christians... Most of us are secularist and Islam is slowly becoming westernised. I personally quite like Muslims and haven't met a bad one thus far (I know Islamic terrorism is a thing) but I don't think a few bad eggs mean you rule them all out. And anyway, if they wanted is they could threaten to stave us of oil...
That may yet be the most eccentric thing you you've ever said.

As for the oil point, that's why we have a military.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That may yet be the most eccentric thing you you've ever said.

As for the oil point, that's why we have a military.
How so:ninja:

which would de-stabilise them even more...
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
How so:ninja:

which would de-stabilise them even more...
That you think the fact we are secular means the British people would ever join in union with the likes of Arabs.

Most of the Middle East and North Africa can't govern themselves anyway, they are a waste of space.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That you think the fact we are secular means the British people would ever join in union with the likes of Arabs.

Most of the Middle East and North Africa can't govern themselves anyway, they are a waste of space.
They are not lesser people!!!

they can't govern because we've gone in so much and created mass instability, they used to be a flourishing region of prosperity.
tehFrance
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Thank you
You're welcome.

No you're not, you're my fluffer.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
They are not lesser people!!!

they can't govern because we've gone in so much and created mass instability, they used to be a flourishing region of prosperity.
When were they a flourishing region of prosperity? When they were ruled by the dictatorial Ottoman Empire. When we left and they pretty much all fell to dictatorships.

Need i remind of how many countries are remotely okay democracies..

Morocco
Tunisia
Israel
Turkey

Out of around 20 countries.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When were they a flourishing region of prosperity? When they were ruled by the dictatorial Ottoman Empire. When we left and they pretty much all fell to dictatorships.

Need i remind of how many countries are remotely okay democracies..

Morocco
Tunisia
Israel
Turkey

Out of around 20 countries.
Ok, yes...

who hoe says democracy is the better form of government though?
That Bearded Man
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Why Zimbabwe???

Thank you
Of all the animals to fuse with and become super-soldiers, jellyfish has to be among the worst, rats (intelligent/agile) cockroaches (indestructible) dogs (loyal) chameleons (camouflage) botuli (deadly toxin)

Jellyfish have no backbone - worst fighters ever :cool:
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by That Bearded Man)
Of all the animals to fuse with and become super-soldiers, jellyfish has to be among the worst, rats (intelligent/agile) cockroaches (indestructible) dogs (loyal) chameleons (camouflage) botuli (deadly toxin)

Jellyfish have no backbone - worst fighters ever :cool:
No, they have an anti-ageing gene... They also heal really quickly so you basically become immortal. Add that to the sponges ability to reform after being diced up and you become invincible.
tehFrance
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Ok, yes...

who hoe says democracy is the better form of government though?
A lot of people but personally, I prefer Autocracies, direct power in the hands of one or a few is much easier.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
A lot of people but personally, I prefer Autocracies, direct power in the hands of one or a few is much easier.
I would say they are all different but none is 'better' although I prefer democracy.
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you think Clegg will lose his seat?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.92%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.04%
Not great so far... (221)
35.99%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.06%

Watched Threads