Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    Not doing Lit myself, but you can find the papers here: http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications...tin-h039-h439/

There are past papers, Mark schemes and examiner reports.

Best of luck!

(PS: nice use of sine :P)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! Although they're new set texts
    How come you're not doing lit? Lucky!

ReputationRep:
    I reckon that I know the translations pretty well. I need to work on the 10-markers, though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyx)
    Thanks! Although they're new set texts
    How come you're not doing lit? Lucky!
    Ah, sorry. The structure should be the same regardless though!

Doing the Classics A-Level instead, so I'm taking the Latin and Cl. Greek language papers.

Not exactly lucky haha :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    Ah, sorry. The structure should be the same regardless though!

Doing the Classics A-Level instead, so I'm taking the Latin and Cl. Greek language papers.

Not exactly lucky haha :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True... Greek must be so difficult!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta64)
    I reckon that I know the translations pretty well. I need to work on the 10-markers, though!
    For the 10 markers, are we purely tested on our knowledge and understanding of the content / story?
    Or is it about the actual Latin text? (e.g. rhetorical techniques and quoting and all that?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyx)
    How are you feeling for the lit?
    Not bad, I'm just preparing some Ovid 10 marker answers now.

On another note WHO AT OCR THOUGHT HAVING GREEK LIT AND LATIN LIT ON THE SAME DAY WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA

WHO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyx)
    For the 10 markers, are we purely tested on our knowledge and understanding of the content / story?
    Or is it about the actual Latin text? (e.g. rhetorical techniques and quoting and all that?)
    basically in the ten markers they just want you to show that you know the themes and what's going on in the actual text

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamminj)
    basically in the ten markers they just want you to show that you know the themes and what's going on in the actual text
    Okay, thanks. So you don't need to comment on the actual Latin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyx)
    Okay, thanks. So you don't need to comment on the actual Latin?
    No need for actual latin quotes, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamminj)
    No need for actual latin quotes, no.
    Lovely, thanks! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyx)
    How are you feeling for the lit?
    Although I prefer the language, I kinda have comfort in the lit in the fact that at least there are no set answers, you can form your opinions right there and then....
    How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azarashi)
    Although I prefer the language, I kinda have comfort in the lit in the fact that at least there are no set answers, you can form your opinions right there and then....
    How about you?
    I waaaay prefer the language, but you do have a point!
    I just feel majorly underprepared for the lit and I'm not really sure what to expect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyx)
    I waaaay prefer the language, but you do have a point!
    I just feel majorly underprepared for the lit and I'm not really sure what to expect
    Don't be! There is a set of questions just like the Language....
    There will be a few comprehensions 2-3 markers, 15 marks translations, 6-8 marks style/content questions and 10 marker review questions

ReputationRep:
    Don't be! There is a set of questions just like the Language....
    There will be a few comprehensions 2-3 markers, 15 marks translations, 6-8 marks style/content questions and 10 marker review questions
    Okay that is so helpful! Didn't have much idea about the structure of the exam so you've clarified a lot
    Good luck! (Or, as a non-Latinite friend said to me on Monday, 'goodus luckus!')

ReputationRep:
    Just to check - for the 10 marker you need 5 points (minimum) and them explained for 10/10?

ReputationRep:
    my suggestion is dont take it if you want a job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyx)
    Okay that is so helpful! Didn't have much idea about the structure of the exam so you've clarified a lot
    Good luck! (Or, as a non-Latinite friend said to me on Monday, 'goodus luckus!')
    goodus luckus to you too mi amica :>

(Original post by z1ggystardust)
    Just to check - for the 10 marker you need 5 points (minimum) and them explained for 10/10?
    I would go with 5 points yes ^^

ReputationRep:

I would go with 5 points yes ^^
    Cheers - good luck on Monday!

ReputationRep:
    What texts are you guys doing? I think the teachers chose, so we probably arent doing the same ones.
    Anyone doing Cicero de imperio and Ovid metamorphosis (the story on Pentheus?)
    Good luck everyone! Hate the fact there are no mocks, but think the exam will be okay, since as long as you put something down you may get marks (since the mark schemes tend to be like history; more on opinions and intelligent points, than any actual checklist)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daedalys)
    What texts are you guys doing? I think the teachers chose, so we probably arent doing the same ones.
    Anyone doing Cicero de imperio and Ovid metamorphosis (the story on Pentheus?)
    Good luck everyone! Hate the fact there are no mocks, but think the exam will be okay, since as long as you put something down you may get marks (since the mark schemes tend to be like history; more on opinions and intelligent points, than any actual checklist)
    I believe we are all doing the same texts The exam board chooses the texts for each year.
    If you know the text well, the exam will be okay!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 6, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.