Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing Britain 1945-90 consensus and conflict? Need help asap!! any predictions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zzinah)
    Anyone doing Britain 1945-90 consensus and conflict? Need help asap!! any predictions?
    Mee
    Have no idea
    I've nearly revised everything but I don't want thatcher to come up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    so anyone doing Edexcel GCE History Britain and the Nationalist challenge in India 1900-47 ??? pls dont tell me i am the only one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gunnarsunn)
    Hi,

I suggest memorising the information within the Edexcel Books it's the best thing you can do, it has enough information. You only need about 6 or 7 pieces of own knowledge to secure top marks on a 40 marker.

Regards - Gunnarsunn.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So you only need about 6-7 pieces of own knowledge to get good mark? I don't know but I wrote about 9 pieces and my teacher still says it's not enough. Really confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prepdream)
    So you only need about 6-7 pieces of own knowledge to get good mark? I don't know but I wrote about 9 pieces and my teacher still says it's not enough. Really confused.
    You would be aiming for about 5 main body paragraphs within a 40 Marker. 3 for your argument and then 2 against or either way depending on the sources and your point of view.

Normally the model exemplar answers I have seen contain about one piece of own knowledge per paragraph (2 for the argument for), however ALL the pieces are RELEVANT to the SOURCES. For example if the Source mentions something like 'women were constantly constrained by their traditional role' - Here it would be appropriate to talk about Separate Spheres and the Angel in House not women's work and their employment prospects as it specifically focuses on their 'traditional role'.

All pieces of own knowledge must be relevant to the source and your argument, there is always a trigger which can instigate the inclusion of further own knowledge.

Regards - Gunnarsunn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloom77)
    Mee
    Have no idea
    I've nearly revised everything but I don't want thatcher to come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't revised anything yet been so busy with my other exams and the stress is starting to kick in! I have a feeling Churchill or Douglas-home will come up this year (especially Douglas home seeing as he hasn't ever come up i think?) what do you think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wellnhoferia)
    I have a question on own knowledge, say for example, if the 40 marker was about did women achieve equality by 1900? Could I introduce, the idea of the sexual double standard as evidence of inequality when arguing my point, e.g. George Norton's infidelity was easily forgiven but Caroline Norton's rumoured affair with Lord Melbourne, who had 'alienated his wife's affections' according to George, was taken to court, so her alleged infieldity was blown out of proportion compared to George's, so what I am asking is can I use knowledge that is not a statistic as evidence and does anyone have any predictions for thus year's Women's History Section?
    I would steer away from own knowledge that acts as a narrative. Include key legislative dates - they are more profound and further expansion enables the candidate to emphasise its significance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling Churchill's government 1951-55 may come up , though there isint much to talk about or maybe Wilson's second term....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legolas_09)
    I have a feeling Churchill's government 1951-55 may come up , though there isint much to talk about or maybe Wilson's second term....
    Do you think Thatcher could come up, she came up in the 20 mark question last year?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think Thatcher could come up, she came up in the 20 mark question last year?
    Thatcher's period is a popular topic for the exam and most people take for granted that she will come up but I don't think we should take the chance - prepare for the worst. You never know tho she could come up!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edward090)
    so anyone doing Edexcel GCE History Britain and the Nationalist challenge in India 1900-47 ??? pls dont tell me i am the only one
    yep I'm doing that topic too, how are you revising for it?

ReputationRep:
    im also doing mass media and popular culture 1945-1990. does anyone have nice facts and figures about each topic and exam tips?

im struggling revising and would appreaciate any help

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what could come up for the changing position of womens question?

Also how would you structure the 40 mark question?

ReputationRep:
    I have started a thread solely on Britain and Ireland HI02 exam this wednesday here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uw0tm8_)
    Anyone know what could come up for the changing position of womens question?

Also how would you structure the 40 mark question?
    I'm doing it also. What do you find difficulty with in terms of content?

I have posted previous replies on this thread, just scroll up and you may be able to find it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gunnarsunn)
    Greetings to all on this forum,

For those of you who are doing "The Changing Role of Women: 1860-1930" exam on Wednesday, do not hesitate or be reluctant to ask me any questions.

During these last few days, it is crucial that as much prep and explaining is done before the exam.

Regards - Gunnarsunn.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, I did the russia paper last wednesday and i revised a lot, the exam was perfect however i am sitting the women paper on wednesday and ive done no revision and am very worried, and i know you dont need to revise for the 20 marker question but do for the 40 marker, i dont have enough time to revise all of women from 1860-1930, SO what would you advice me to revise,, something you know that will definately come up??????????

ReputationRep:
    anyone doing Henry VIII - 1509-1540 (Crown and Authority)?????
    what are your predictions???

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing India? What do you think will come up for the 40 mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    yep I'm doing that topic too, how are you revising for it?
    All I have done is just read through the red book with the indian girl waving the flag. The book isnt the greatest :/ how are u structuring your essays and how are u revising???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hitchy98)
    Hi, I did the russia paper last wednesday and i revised a lot, the exam was perfect however i am sitting the women paper on wednesday and ive done no revision and am very worried, and i know you dont need to revise for the 20 marker question but do for the 40 marker, i dont have enough time to revise all of women from 1860-1930, SO what would you advice me to revise,, something you know that will definately come up??????????
    Hi Hitchy,

I've responded to your message. If it's still unclear, please do message back and we can ensure you are confident and fully prepared for the coming exam.

Regards - Gunnarsunn.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.