Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=MichelleHuss;55810651]Naaaa doubt that. It was quite an easy paper so 51 for an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile[The head of my science department said that it was around 40 for an A]

ReputationRep:
    Yea. I and others I know got that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was definitely harder than last year's paper I believe, so maybe the grade boundaries will be lower? But I find it hard to believe anything below 50 for this paper is an A* tbh. It was quite an easy paper on the whole, and last year's was 50 for an A*.

ReputationRep:
    For the chlorine question the answer was sea water but I wrote hydrochloric acid and sea water. Do u think il still get the mark

ReputationRep:
    I wrote hcl because it decomposes to form chlorine

ReputationRep:
    Okay, for the Antacid question between B and C I've asked one of my friends who works as a chemist at Cardiff Uni. He says that if there is no further reaction after the time taken or there is an excess of acid (which was my assumption) the answer is C. This seems more likely as the next question goes on to ask about the faster relief, suggesting that they were asking you about the two variables (amount of base and time taken) separately and not asking you to link them. However, if the time taken was not the time taken for the reaction to finish completely, so in other words the reaction continued after the time taken for the cerain volume of acid to neutralise, you would have to see what both tablets neutralised in the same time frame, in which case the correct answer is B. I think the question could have been slightly ambiguous so we'll only know when the mark schemes are published next year. My feeling is I'm 70% C 30% B as I can't remember any statement suggesting that the reaction continued after the time given. WHO KNOWS?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichelleHuss)
    Yeah but you had to half the volume to get it to 25 cm3 like all the others in orders to get a fair answer so u would have had to half the time too and B was quicker so contained the most active ingredient.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It wasn't asking for percentage of active ingredient in the tablet, it was asking for the one with most active ingredient overall, so must be C

ReputationRep:
    The question what is a raw material for chlorine I wrote sea water but all my friends saying salt. Which one is correct and will I get a mark for sea water??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzasalim)
    I didn't right any examples, because I had 6 points about it, and wrote a diagram!
    do you remember the marks of the equilibrium one question
    i missed that question by mistake
    I'm so worried

ReputationRep:
    If you're talking about the chemical reaction one it was 3

ReputationRep:
    to end the discussion on whether its tablet B or C, go to page 19 of the CGP chemistry revision guide book. The purple box contains the answer.
    personally, i went with B as it took less time to neutralize 25cm3 of acid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idirss123)
    The question what is a raw material for chlorine I wrote sea water but all my friends saying salt. Which one is correct and will I get a mark for sea water??
    i believe sea water is correct

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=sunny_rain123;55810305]
    (Original post by jiyongtoki)

OMG I am so sorryyyy
    I meant that I compared gases and bitumen !!! ����������

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
    Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.