Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duskstar)
    Yes to all of those
    Hi are you sure yeah especially about the 0.036 one?

Thanks man. I was confused about the 0.036 one is that what other people put, do you think it's right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshgofe)
    Can we leave our answers as fraction?? Or are we gonna lose marks for that??
    Either answer is acceptable - they are classed as 'equivalents' in the mark scheme and the notation 'oe' is used in the mark scheme to denote this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshgofe)
    Can we leave our answers as fraction?? Or are we gonna lose marks for that??
    I done the same, someone assure me!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    Ah, I was always told to never say 'reject H0', but to say either accept H1 or accept H0 - i.e. never reject a hypothesis as there is only ever some evidence to suggest either way. I think if you put 'significant' or 'not significant' followed by 'sufficient evidence' or 'insufficient evidence' and then a comment in context you pick up all the marks.

So did you find the result as significant for the hypothesis test in the end, as mine fell within the critical region, so I accepted H1/rejected H0 in the end.
    1/19!!! Yes!! It's just the same as one answer before(cherry 3times in a row) right?? I got that for the last question! Tell me it's right plz

ReputationRep:
    0.009 something for the last 1 anybody?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did people get 0.0523 for the question about the probability that all 3 will be the same sweet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kira Yagami)
    Hi are you sure yeah especially about the 0.036 one?

Thanks man. I was confused about the 0.036 one is that what other people put, do you think it's right?
    That's definitely the answer I got. The only other answer that I think might be right (and so 0.0307 wrong) is 3 times that, because someone I spoke to said it was that times 3 because there were 3 children and it could have been in any order I hope that isn't the case, because that's 1 or 2 marks on that question.

Regardless, I got 0.0307 by doing (7 * 6 * 5) / (20 * 19 * 18). I'm guessing you're remembering the number slightly wrong ~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicec11)
    What I did was:

(Probability of getting cherry) x (probability of getting cherry again) x (probability of not getting cherry)

But I don't think thats right...
    what was the actual question for that? How many marks was it?

ReputationRep:
    What did it say about the ace one,that the cards had been replaced and put back in to the deck?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kira Yagami)
    Did people get 0.0523 for the question about the probability that all 3 will be the same sweet
    Yes again :P

ReputationRep:
    For the football team question the first one was 25C15 right?

And then 13C5 * 12C7 or roughly those figures? I just want to know whether the method was right

ReputationRep:
    Everyone found that to be a super easy exam, yet I found it so hard :'( . Anyone got the answers for the last question?

On the chocolate question was the first bit about all oranges going along the lines of:

something/20 x something-1/19 x something-2/18

And then for the other one I did the same for all the chocolates, adding the probabilites. I feel as if this is super duper wrong, and I should of done 1 - minus something.. OMG. I failed this exam. Wow..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liverpool2044)
    What did it say about the ace one,that the cards had been replaced and put back in to the deck?
    Yes; 4 aces, 52 cards, first part was probability of drawing twice and not getting an ace. Second part was expectation of that happening for 10 trials.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobhopkins05)
    wha was the actual questions for that?
    I actually have no idea haha I've forgotten everything

ReputationRep:
    Did people put there was an upper outlier for the box plot thing or ? 1.5 X 0.3 = 0.45 and add that to Q3 and subrtact it to Q1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicec11)
    For the football team question the first one was 25C15 right?

And then 13C5 * 12C7 or roughly those figures? I just want to know whether the method was right
    Yes and then the second divided by first answer

ReputationRep:
    What did we have to do for the deck of cards question?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure about the order of questions:
    1. Electricity.
    2. Sports watched
    3. Choosing a 15 people team out of 25 for something?
    4.cards
    5. 3 dice, highest score
    7. Drug hyphothesis
    8. Chocolates
    Does anyone remember the other questions?

ReputationRep:
    0.0789 or 3/38 for last question is what is got

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slenderman)
    Everyone found that to be a super easy exam, yet I found it so hard :'( . Anyone got the answers for the last question?

On the chocolate question was the first bit about all oranges going along the lines of:

something/20 x something-1/19 x something-2/18

And then for the other one I did the same for all the chocolates, adding the probabilites. I feel as if this is super duper wrong, and I should of done 1 - minus something.. OMG. I failed this exam. Wow..
    That's the same I did for the first two questions - the second part was (7*6*5 + 6*5*4 + 4*3*2 + 3*2*1) / (20*19*18)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 24, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.