The Student Room Group

Are anti-feminists sexist beasts or just stupid?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bornblue
Just the MRA seem often to be miserable virgins who are lame with women and so worship 'pick up artists' like Roosh.
And they become bitter with women, Elliot Rodger killing lots of people because girls didn't like him for example.

You seem to have a severe victim mentality.

Posted from TSR Mobile

...right, so let's review:
you accused me of being a virgin for logically disproving the supposed merits of 'feminism', then I defended myself, and then you see this as having a victim mentality. wow dude. wow. I guess belittled women who contemn "cat-callers", or, rapists, *also* have a severe victim mentality, right? because that makes sense too, right?

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 121
"haha this dude disagrees with me does he even sex"

This is so infantile. Being anti-feminist is the same as being anti-black lives matter, in that people who only half know what they're talking about will go "so you DON'T believe in equal rights?" Or "you DON'T believe black people's lives matter?" Ad nauseum.

The dictionary definition of feminism (a political philopsophy pertaining to the achievement of equal rights for women in an erstwhile patriarchal society) is A. largely irrelevant in the United Kingdom and B. unrecognisable next to the car crash of grievance politics, identitarianism and general insufferability that makes up intersectional feminism in the 21st Century.

If you're one of "the good kind" of feminists, then great. Do what the rest of us good feminists do, and don't talk about it. It doesn't make you a good person. It's the default position of a person in 21st Century Britain.
Original post by sleepysnooze
...right, so let's review:
you accused me of being a virgin for logically disproving the supposed merits of 'feminism', then I defended myself, and then you see this as having a victim mentality. wow dude. wow. I guess belittled women who contemn "cat-callers", or, rapists, *also* have a severe victim mentality, right? because that makes sense too, right?

Spoiler

No I accused you of being very similar to the MRA lot who by and large are lonely, bitter virgins with a huge victim mentality. They often worship people like Roosh and blame women for 'stealing their masculinity'.

You hold this ideal of men having to be macho men and you claim to care about men to mask your bitterness towards women.

You see yourself as a victim and that really is pathetic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not sure the phrase "sexist beast" should be used here as it sounds too similar to "sexy beast".
Feminism: the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

To attain equal rights in this country, and much of the western world, the rights of both sexes IMO need equal amounts of work, so therefore I do no agree with western focused feminism.

Feminism doing work in the developing world is obviously still needed.

I personally wouldn't identify as a feminist due to the people I would be associating myself with.
(edited 7 years ago)
No I accused you of being very similar to the MRA lot who by and large are lonely, bitter virgins with a huge victim mentality.

how the **** would you know?

They often worship people like Roosh and blame women for 'stealing their masculinity'.

define masculinity
because if women blames many things on "toxic masculinity", which for some reason people take seriously, then how is masculinity exactly being preserved in this culture?

You hold this ideal of men having to be macho men and you claim to care about men to mask your bitterness towards women.

well, men are expected to be macho by everybody - men and women. are you really disagreeing with that? and why shouldn't I care about men? if women can care about other women via feminism, why the **** can't I care about my own gender? would it kill you to have a little consistency?

You see yourself as a victim and that really is pathetic.

did you not read a word I posted? men don't have nearly the same share of legal rights and privileges that women have. they are victims of an era where they aren't allowed to defend their rights, whereas women are empowered to the point where they have more rights than men do, yet they are deluded into thinking that it is *them* whom are the victims. *that* is pathetic. it's pathetic that this is our generation.
(edited 7 years ago)
Are you a virgin?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh you cad :sexface: Are you going to check the bedsheets for blood after you have your filthy way with him?
there is a strong positive correlation between those who claim to be feminists and those who claim to be lesbians... Just to put it out there
I don't think a lot of people who oppose feminism actually know what it is and what it's done for both men and women in the past. I could be wrong about this but didn't the original suffragettes who killed themselves for the women's vote win the vote for working class men too?
Nope. Plus Emily Davisons death was accidental.
Well they were influential, for sure, but I think a massive part of it was the fact that millions of men who had gone to war to fight and put their lives on the line for their country were disenfranchised. I think this was the main decisive factor in granting the vote to all men, while the suffrage movement undoubtedly played a big part in getting the vote for women. It is also worth noting that many men died, certainly in far greater numbers than suffragettes, trying to widen the franchise (e.g. the Chartists) in the 19th century, and that several acts in this century greatly improved voting circumstances (though the 1918 act did have the biggest impact, I believe).
I love how if u say you dont agree with feminism you are instantly labeled as stupid or sexist which is so not true (they will chew you up if you're a woman and anti feminist). The feminism movement has turned into something ugly and quite frankly i want no part in it. The dictionary definition has no relevance becuase most feminists want women to get special treatment which doesn't sound like equality to me. I can go on but if you really want to know why so many people are anti feminist look no further than the modern feminazi movement and its prominent advocates.
Original post by AdamCee
This, 100 times over.

You can define it as whatever you like, in practice it's a movement to advance the rights of females with no consideration for the rights of males.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 133
Original post by jape
"haha this dude disagrees with me does he even sex"

This is so infantile. Being anti-feminist is the same as being anti-black lives matter, in that people who only half know what they're talking about will go "so you DON'T believe in equal rights?" Or "you DON'T believe black people's lives matter?" Ad nauseum.

The dictionary definition of feminism (a political philopsophy pertaining to the achievement of equal rights for women in an erstwhile patriarchal society) is A. largely irrelevant in the United Kingdom and B. unrecognisable next to the car crash of grievance politics, identitarianism and general insufferability that makes up intersectional feminism in the 21st Century.

If you're one of "the good kind" of feminists, then great. Do what the rest of us good feminists do, and don't talk about it. It doesn't make you a good person. It's the default position of a person in 21st Century Britain.

I find this dialogue fascinating. I'm currently in the States, and if you keep up with Amerikkkan politics the news is very, very bad. Especially for feminists. I don't know what you mean about being one of "the good kind of feminists" but I've been a feminist for 45 years. A movement that has severely blocked the progress of feminism is the trans movement, for obvious reasons. These people seem to want to conform rigidly to gender stereotypes. A British feminist writer compared the movement to a scene from GREASE--all the "girls" in poodle skirts and all the "boys" in ducktails and tight pants. Physicians here who treat trans people force them to "pass" as the "opposite" gender for one year before doing surgery. It subverts every principle that feminism stands for, especially that gender as we understand it in the west is only ("only") a socio/political construct rooted in patriarchal division of labor and women's capacity to bear children. How are people in Britain reacting to the trans movement? Thanks a lot. MAX
Original post by napkinsquirrel
I think this is more of an issue regarding how the modern feminist movement is perceived. By the very definition of feminism, to say that you are an anti-feminist is saying that you don't want men and women to have equal rights. However, whenever I speak to my friends about feminism and they say that they are anti-feminist I distinctly get the feeling that they are talking about the more vocal and hateful members of the movement as opposed to disagreeing with the proposition of equality between genders. I believe that feminism is similar to Islam in the way that it's name and presence in the media has been hijacked by radicals. I don't believe that people are inherently stupid because they say they are anti-feminist but simply that they have the wrong impression of what the movement stands for.

Men and women want different things.
Actually the feminist movement as it stands now (3rd/4th wave feminism) is not about what the initial movement was about eg: gender equality. Ofcourse most people in the west believe in equality and fairness for all people regarless of gender, race, nationality, age, class etc etc...To think that people who in 2018 say are against the feminist movement aka anti-feminists are against gender equality is very naive. The feminist movement was hijacked by people who see themselves as spokespeople and figure heads for a movement that is now run by mostly over privileged, entitled elistists who are desperate to use their gender in order to get special treatment and are going against what the movement and ideology is supposed to stand for. People like Lena Dunham and Hillary Clinton, women who only care about white middle class fonies like themselves, women who look to use the feminist movement to gain significance and make out that being a woman means they understand oppression and box themselves in with real victims of oppression and discrimination under the banner of feminism. Hillary Clinton defended a pedophile rapist who raped and nearly killed a 12 year old girl putting her in a coma. Clinton laughed about getting that rapist pedo off knowing full well wht he was. The man’s seman was in her underwear mixed with her blood and Clinton the so called champion of women’s rights told the girl in court that she was asking for it and that she was a tease who went after older men, she tried to portray this virgin child and victim of the most horrific violent sex crime as some sort of lolita who deserved what she got... she is not on the side of vulnerable girls and neither is Lena Dubham that elistist racist snob who lives in a little bubble full of upper middle class yuppies and only care for herself and her kind. These people are now the representatives of this movement and they demand entitlement and special privileges which contradict equal rights for all and contradict their movement. These people wouldn’t know oppression if it but them on their face. But what they do need is a heavy narcissistic supply of attention. You will never hear any of the figure heads defend under privileged women or women in other cultures or from different religions. They have no empathy or care for anyone only people who benefit themselves... females with lower grades than males are given entry to university courses now especially in sciences based on their gender , feminists have demanded this - this is not fair and is totally hypocritical. This just many examples that go against gender equality which the feminist movement are pushing. As we don’t like men getting unfair privileges we can’t now expect to give them to women, equality means equal rights. End of. Your gender should not even be a factor for determining a place at university....
Reply 136
Original post by sleepysnooze
how the **** would you know?

define masculinity
because if women blames many things on "toxic masculinity", which for some reason people take seriously, then how is masculinity exactly being preserved in this culture?

well, men are expected to be macho by everybody - men and women. are you really disagreeing with that? and why shouldn't I care about men? if women can care about other women via feminism, why the **** can't I care about my own gender? would it kill you to have a little consistency?

did you not read a word I posted? men don't have nearly the same share of legal rights and privileges that women have. they are victims of an era where they aren't allowed to defend their rights, whereas women are empowered to the point where they have more rights than men do, yet they are deluded into thinking that it is *them* whom are the victims. *that* is pathetic. it's pathetic that this is our generation.

Query: do you like feeling macho? Just a question--no loaded meaning intended. Does feling macho make you feel sexy? Again, a question. It does make ME feel sexy and I like macho guys.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 137
Original post by lalalooo
Actually the feminist movement as it stands now (3rd/4th wave feminism) is not about what the initial movement was about eg: gender equality. Ofcourse most people in the west believe in equality and fairness for all people regarless of gender, race, nationality, age, class etc etc...To think that people who in 2018 say are against the feminist movement aka anti-feminists are against gender equality is very naive. The feminist movement was hijacked by people who see themselves as spokespeople and figure heads for a movement that is now run by mostly over privileged, entitled elistists who are desperate to use their gender in order to get special treatment and are going against what the movement and ideology is supposed to stand for. People like Lena Dunham and Hillary Clinton, women who only care about white middle class fonies like themselves, women who look to use the feminist movement to gain significance and make out that being a woman means they understand oppression and box themselves in with real victims of oppression and discrimination under the banner of feminism. Hillary Clinton defended a pedophile rapist who raped and nearly killed a 12 year old girl putting her in a coma. Clinton laughed about getting that rapist pedo off knowing full well wht he was. The man’s seman was in her underwear mixed with her blood and Clinton the so called champion of women’s rights told the girl in court that she was asking for it and that she was a tease who went after older men, she tried to portray this virgin child and victim of the most horrific violent sex crime as some sort of lolita who deserved what she got... she is not on the side of vulnerable girls and neither is Lena Dubham that elistist racist snob who lives in a little bubble full of upper middle class yuppies and only care for herself and her kind. These people are now the representatives of this movement and they demand entitlement and special privileges which contradict equal rights for all and contradict their movement. These people wouldn’t know oppression if it but them on their face. But what they do need is a heavy narcissistic supply of attention. You will never hear any of the figure heads defend under privileged women or women in other cultures or from different religions. They have no empathy or care for anyone only people who benefit themselves... females with lower grades than males are given entry to university courses now especially in sciences based on their gender , feminists have demanded this - this is not fair and is totally hypocritical. This just many examples that go against gender equality which the feminist movement are pushing. As we don’t like men getting unfair privileges we can’t now expect to give them to women, equality means equal rights. End of. Your gender should not even be a factor for determining a place at university....

None of what you write is true. And further,I aasume 1) you aren't an American citizen, or 2) you're some sort of troll looking for a response: let me relax you: none of what you say is true. If you believe it IS true, please provide EVIDENCE from media that it is as you mention. Thanks.
(edited 5 years ago)
What exactly do you need “evidence” on? Sorry to shatter your illusions, welcome to the real world! And no i am not a troll, i have an opinion which i know you will find too unbearable to accept as it is clearly not inline with your brainwashed fantasy that opposes realitybubble.... instead of accusing me of being a troll and saying its not true why don’t you look into it and stop wasting my time or getting so offended because someone has a different opinion than you or someone who speaks some truth that you can’t handle.... i thought this was an adult discussion board. Its not my job to give you anything dear, the evidence is public knowledge!

(Original post by maxiea)None of what you write is true. And firther, as I aasume 1) you aren't an American citizen, or 2) you're some sort of troll looking for a response, let me relax you: none of what you say is true. If you beleive it IS true, please provie EVIDENCE from media that it is as you mention. Thanks.
Reply 139
Original post by lalalooo
What exactly do you need “evidence” on? Sorry to shatter your illusions, welcome to the real world! And no i am not a troll, i have an opinion which i know you will find too unbearable to accept as it is clearly not inline with your brainwashed fantasy that opposes realitybubble.... instead of accusing me of being a troll and saying its not true why don’t you look into it and stop wasting my time or getting so offended because someone has a different opinion than you or someone who speaks some truth that you can’t handle.... i thought this was an adult discussion board. Its not my job to give you anything dear, the evidence is public knowledge!

(Original post by maxiea)None of what you write is true. And further, as I assume 1) you aren't an American citizen, or 2) you're some sort of troll looking for a response, let me relax you: none of what you say is true. If you beleive it IS true, please provie EVIDENCE from media that it is as you mention. Thanks.

I thought1) this is a forum for debate, and 2) I am probably 40 years older than you are and have been through a lot, and 3) I like macho loking bodies: what is your problem with that? "dear"?" Further, your refusal to answer my simple questions makes me believe that you and I could never reasonably debate this--because you dpn't see this as a forum for argument, just for stupid standing up for your macho (if sexy, especially if you're seventeen and stupid, your opinion)! !And why are you so hostile? Not geting suck ed off by your girl. I'll do it, even if you are a moron. i bet you're hot.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending