Turn on thread page Beta

Guys do you check your girlfriends facebook inbox & ask her about guys she talks to? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So im wondering, ive started going out with this girl and I was talking to a mate of myne who is in a long term realtionship. He told me he checks his girlfriends texts and facebook on a regular basis and he asks her about which guys shes been talking to at work, is this normal ?
    Eew, that's disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    I thought it was up :'( but it's just to the left
    :facepalm: Manchester is east of Liverpool ¬¬

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/c1/c1ed...df2536bc0b.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spandy)
    Eew, that's disgusting.
    Agreed! Wtf man... that's just plain weird. I wonder if the guy would be willing to allow his girlfriend the right to go through his facebook acc.

If that was my boyfriend, I'd backhand him and be all like,"*****, you don't own me. Get the **** out my face, I'm gonna count to 10."

Nah... but in all seriousness, I only allow my bf to see my texts because of a 'safety' -related problem that happened recently. If you don't trust a girl enough to go on her word that she won't cheat/etc. cut her loose ffs. Let her find someone better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    :facepalm: Manchester is east of Liverpool ¬¬

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/c1/c1ed...df2536bc0b.jpg
    Oh shuush

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    To the right*
    I fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Oh shuush
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    just because she considers it normal that doesnt make it okay? this isn't something harmless like 'they share toothbrushes and they think its normal its ok' this is hes before very controlling
    yikes do you even know how abusive relationships work
    That's why I said as long as the girl is okay with it.

ReputationRep:
    My lack of having relationships makes in unable to answer your question sadly.

ReputationRep:
    Well I obviously have them as a friend on facebook so all of their stuff appears on my wall anyway. Don't see how looking at their profile every now and then is any different since I already see most stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daenerys...)
    I do and especially it's important that he changes his relationship status so that other girls know he's taken. I don't have BF atm but that's what I did with my previous ones in fact checking their FBs when they're an exBF is the best lol you could see how much ****ter their lives have gotten also can compare with the new girl they have if they have one at all. lol

maybe if you got rid of that ridiculous sig and stop holding girls to such unattainable standards of beauty you'd have more luck. What sort of girls do you go for? 'cause I have a feeling you're punching way above your league.
    I go for white girls.

ReputationRep:
    I used to always check my ex-bfs messages when we were together, because he had a lot of female friends and was very flirtatious. Turns out he did cheat on me while we were together, so I wasn't a complete psycho there
    It's fine with my current bf though, mostly because he doesn't show remote interest in any other girls- it's a trust thing
    if the guy/ girl isn't doing anything untoward, they shouldn't care about you looking at their messages, and vice versa

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I should check your messages x

ReputationRep:
    So im wondering, ive started going out with this girl and I was talking to a mate of myne who is in a long term realtionship. He told me he checks his girlfriends texts and facebook on a regular basis and he asks her about which guys shes been talking to at work, is this normal ?
    That is no where near normal, infact it's clingy and really worrying.
    That's not a relationship at all, just paranoia and walking on shards of broken glass.

Don't ever consider it OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaMandarine)
    Not me, but my ex did, and apparently still does.
    :rofl: After he broke up with me he blocked me from facebook but he still unblocks me every now and then to check me out.
    Lol why don't you just block him

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrnazz00923)
    Lol why don't you just block him

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because I'm better than him. I kept my doors open for friendship; if he just wants to stalk me and eventually see that I've restored my love life with somebody else, he's hurting himself, not me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 25, 2015
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.