Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    magnification question answer anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else super upset about this exam? I know the whole of twitter is lmao
    Anyone notice how they quoted something to do with mice from line 7 but there was no actual information in the passage to do with that quote? I wrote a side note on my paper to the examiner so they wont be too impressed with me.
    Overall the exam was ****, nothing to do with biology and half the syllabus was left out. I was so angry

ReputationRep:
    I got x2000 for the magnification question

ReputationRep:
    I know I did terrible :'(, but let's hope I get at least 1 mark for those questions. Do you think grade boundaries would be high?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly what I thought! Nothing on the heart or cholera or the sodium potassium pump... Nothing on how the lungs work
    Basically all the actual science was left out

ReputationRep:
    Annoying how it was all hsw but it went decent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyler2709)
    Any good unofficial mark schemes?
    Let me know if you get one!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it wasn't too bad at the end... The 5 mark questions were quite good

ReputationRep:
    I think that paper was really mixed. The last two questions were great though! What lactose intolerance and balls has to do with each other is beyond me.. for a science paper it was really unscientific

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shazv)
    I had no idea on the immobilised enzymes! It was really harsh to ask for that and i thought was incredibly unexpected
    Yeah definitely. Hopefully the grade boundaries will be low though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hp707)
    magnification question answer anyone?
    I got 2000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grapes12)
    Anyone notice how they quoted something to do with mice from line 7 but there was no actual information in the passage to do with that quote? I wrote a side note on my paper to the examiner so they wont be too impressed with me.
    Overall the exam was ****, nothing to do with biology and half the syllabus was left out. I was so angry
    I thought that thing about the mice was weird too, but I just talked about the concept in general about anitbodies :/

ReputationRep:
    I found today's exam really good like I genuinely thought it was a good paper

ReputationRep:
    I found the exam horrible guys! And I found this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post56082491

I got most of them wrong tbh

ReputationRep:
    'Sod off' 3x Na out, 2x K in. Requires ATP. Builds up a charge. Spend £3 and only get £2 back, you will be in debt soon (negative charge). Essential for some cells to function eg nerve cells along axon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarG)
    Found it hard! I think it was because it was so much "how science works" not actually scientific knowledge.
    I feel as though I could have done half the revision and still written the same answers! 😥
    Sorry to butt in but I totally agree with you I did so much revision but don't think it helped with those questions! 😥

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlotteharms)
    Sorry to butt in but I totally agree with you I did so much revision but don't think it helped with those questions! 😥
    Same! don't worry, I'm sure you will have still done great, all I'm going to do now is focus on getting an A on unit two to pull it up, but focus on HSW questions! So disappointed tho cuz I did loads of past papers and learnt all the content! Not wasted tho because we need it for next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grapes12)
    100% with you on this, this paper was 10 times harder than the five past papers I did for unit 1. This exam was nothing like any of them it was horrific. It's insane how much of the syllabus was left out and the questions I think - because I'm doing the a2 as well - were definitely more a2 level than AS. It was a joke that exam 😥 also yes I noticed that about the mice! Shoddy stuff! x

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, is anyone good at explaining transpiration and appoplast, symplast root pressure stuff? I'm really struggling!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoe.imogen)
    Hey guys, is anyone good at explaining transpiration and appoplast, symplast root pressure stuff? I'm really struggling!
    Transpiration is literally just evaporation from the leaf, and then theres factors that increase it eg light intensity temp humudity etc. apoplast pathway is through the cell walls and symplast is thru cytoplasm of neighbouring cells -plasmodesmata root pressure is due to active transport of ions into xylem i think and then then root pressure is what forces some water up the xylem. Im not too sure about root pressure either if someone wants to explain?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.