Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is there any chance of finding an unofficial mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zulq)
    I doubt it yet, although if anyone does find one, please share it here!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zulq)
    Depends if anyone can be bothered making one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisyking99)
    Do you mean coasts? because if so yes Keyhaven
    Was the last question about how a coastal environment is conserved/protected +conflicts with other land uses?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think the garde boundaries will be lower than last year? 2014 was 49 for an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hussna)
    Do you think the garde boundaries will be lower than last year? 2014 was 49 for an A*
    No they'll be higher this year, last year the paper was harder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hussna)
    Doubt it. Last year's paper was a bit harder imo but not by a great amount. I think it'd rise by 2 or 3 marks.

ReputationRep:
    whatd you think youll ned for a solid a

ReputationRep:
    Also last year's paper was a complete surprise for that year, but we knew what our paper would be like because we could see the 2014 paper. I reckon 54 or 55 for A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamiel)
    I was looking at a past paper and one of the questions was on the formation of composite volcanoes and the mark scheme talked about convection currents and plate boundaries but I thought it was to do with build up of layers of ash and lava.

Can someone explain the formation please just so I can make sure?
    The convection current is what drives the two plates apart at the constructive plate boundary. Composite volcanoes form because the rising magma at any plate boundary other than conservative. The lava is so viscous it can sometimes cool in the vent causing magma and pressure to build up until it is released in a violent explosion. I'm not sure if that answers your question...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamiel)
    so glad supervolcanoes came up, anyone else?
    Same

ReputationRep:
    Did so bad on this exam

Will my overall grade go up if I do better on the Human Geography paper?

ReputationRep:
    oh bum **** i didnt write about the cliff line retraeting on the wave cut platform oh **** what the heck

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone do? I thought it was kind of hilarious actually - all of that line measuring & shape describing. Totally flunked the coastal habitat 8 marker though

ReputationRep:
    I found that paper easy, I'm confident I got an A
    I did restless earth, living world and coasts
    Anyone who did restless earth what did you put for "the shape of the volcano (caldera)". I thought it was a stupid question because it's based on people's opinion really not geography. Anyone else agree?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortStuff8)
    I found that paper easy, I'm confident I got an A
    I did restless earth, living world and coasts
    Anyone who did restless earth what did you put for "the shape of the volcano (caldera)". I thought it was a stupid question because it's based on people's opinion really not geography. Anyone else agree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree! I just wrote it was roughly a circle and I measured an estimate of how large it was.

ReputationRep:
    I think it went really well! I forgot the name of Sea Palling for the Coasts 8 marker, I did Happisburgh & made up some random place for the conflict for that. Other than that it went really well so I'm hoping for a solid A or even A* if I revise human enough!!

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was really hard . how do dry valleys from , also what do u think the grade boundary will be for an a* in the paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesus313)
    i thought it was really hard . how do dry valleys from , also what do u think the grade boundary will be for an a* in the paper?

I looked that up as soon as I got home and it's something to do with ice ages..!!! Definitely not in the CGP revision guide.

It's here: http://www.s-cool.co.uk/gcse/geograp...rous-limestone

ReputationRep:
    i really wanted an A overall in geography but my coursework is a high b 2 marks from an A and this paper i dont think i got an A is it still possible to get an A ???

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 2, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.