Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faisalshamallakh)
    I'm not upset that he's left Islam. I'm upset that he leaves and tries to reface the religion as Islam. Trying to be one of those "Heroes" that has managed to break loose from the chains of Islam that would have him otherwise decapitated.

If his claims are true about Islam being the religion he claims it is, then the only reliable proof he can bring is that of the Quran, and not WikiIslam.

Check your definition of a narrow-minded person. Listening to stories of these hypocrites without referring to the religion itself must surely fall in that category aye?
    may Almighty Allah bless you for everything. To be sincere, am not in pain that he left, am just amused of how blessed he was and how he wasted it all. And now he's trying to tanish the image of the one and only true religion ISLAM. Am so blessed to be a muslim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student_2902)
    im also an ex muslim but im a 15 year old girl, my family don't know either
    It's weird, right? Seeing your family pray etc and genuinely just feeling astounded that you'd believe in all of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rufflin)
    Nah, not tried it yet. Super curious though, it's like taboo in Islam so I've always had second thoughts before trying some. One day...
    Its actually really delicious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fayaara)
    I'm Muslim and I have agnostic family.
    But regarding God is all knowing and your lives being predetermined for you. And God doesn't decide whether your going to hell or not before your born. You create your own destiny in Islam and your decisions are your own. But that's how I was taught it. But I get what you mean tho my brother isn't muslim he thinks all form religion is bull****. But I love him and all my other family members because we're family and that's life.
    Do some reading on Qadr, I think that might help explain the pre-determined aspect for you.

On the last sentence, I wish more muslims were like you tbh. I don't have issues with Muslims as people, but I just personally don't believe in Islam anymore.

ReputationRep:
    It's weird, right? Seeing your family pray etc and genuinely just feeling astounded that you'd believe in all of it.
    Well only my dad really prays and I think my brother and sister are kind of catching on as they make jokes about me being an athiest all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student_2902)
    Well only my dad really prays and I think my brother and sister are kind of catching on as they make jokes about me being an athiest all the time.
    I think that could make telling your family easier, the fact that it starts off as them making jokes then you can eventually disclose it, makes it less abrupt and they aren't as shocked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by German123)
    Its actually really delicious.
    Thanks for the suggestion, will quicken up the process to try it haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3isenberg)
    You seem a bit incredulous on this matter.
    I'm copy and pasting this explanation of theological determinism because it's quite succinct.

1. Assume divine foreknowledge or omniscience
    2. Infallible foreknowledge implies destiny (it is known for certain what one will do)
    3. Destiny eliminates alternate possibility (one cannot do otherwise)

You say God is all-knowing, therefore there is no possibility of changing the present and future other than what God knew an infinite time in the past. It's about as possible as saying that humans can change the past. The future has already happened in the perspective of an omniscient God so it is set in stone (although humans are under the illusion that it hasn't).
    I just feel as though it isn't as much of an illusion as you're stating...that's all. You're saying its set in stone, but I'm saying that maybe it is set in clay because the present isn't written..only the future...oh how funny.

You're very adamant that this is the case though lol...

Who knows, you may be right.~

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tumshie)
    Which brings us back to the issue of Allah creating people, just to send them to hell, nice guy don't you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Quite sadistic, me thinks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    I just feel as though it isn't as much of an illusion as you're stating...that's all. You're saying its set in stone, but I'm saying that maybe it is set in clay because the present isn't written..only the future...oh how funny.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well don't Muslims always say that this life is an illusion despite the fact it seems very real?

ReputationRep:
    I think that could make telling your family easier, the fact that it starts off as them making jokes then you can eventually disclose it, makes it less abrupt and they aren't as shocked.
    My siblings wouldn't really care but my parents would be so mad , I don't really mind them not knowing tbh.

ReputationRep:

I think there are halal sausages?

And why is it that that you are forbidden to eat pigs? is it because they are dirty and carry germs?

ReputationRep:
    Bacon is AMAZING, ham not so much

ReputationRep:
    Given i can ask you anything, should I go for John Frieda frizz ease straight conditioner at £5.00 or Organix Argan oil hair conditioner at £7.00, what do you (or anyone in this thread) think is best for dry, frizzy, small hair?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdmundWoodstock)
    Well don't Muslims always say that this life is an illusion despite the fact it seems very real?
    Over 1.5 million people state this? In sync/what? No I dont think so haha, I certainly dont anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by string56)
    Given i can ask you anything, should I go for John Frieda frizz ease straight conditioner at £5.00 or Organix Argan oil hair conditioner at £7.00, what do you (or anyone in this thread) think is best for dry, frizzy, small hair?
    I personally find Frizz Ease quite greasy and it weighs my hair down. I like Aussie leave in conditioner, but I have quite fine hair, it depends how thick your hair is tbh

Lol I think this a bit off topic, sorry op

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm talking hypothetically of course, I don't believe in theism.

The present (i.e. what humans think is now) would be written, so would the past, and of course the future. God's omnipotence means God isn't bound by the conceptions of past, present and future. So imagine, 50 years ago, God would know your entire life, including what you deem to be present, and any decision you make in the near present. (Of course an omniscient God would know a lot longer than 50 years, because being 'all knowing' doesn't have any limits, but it is a bit easier to grasp the idea by imagining it like that instead of an infinite time in the past, lol).

An illusion just means an deceptive impression. So we have the impression that we have freewill, but as God already knows our lives, that means everything that happens in our lives was destined to happen anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tumshie)
    I personally find Frizz Ease quite greasy and it weighs my hair down. I like Aussie leave in conditioner, but I have quite fine hair, it depends how thick your hair is tbh

Lol I think this a bit off topic, sorry op

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks and My hair is short and Quite thick, I'll check your recommendation out. Its "Ask Me Anything" so my post is valid lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by string56)
    Thanks and My hair is short and Quite thick, I'll check your recommendation out. Its "Ask Me Anything" so my post is valid lol
    You might be OK with the frizz ease then lol

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol, the present was the future in the past, so would have been written???!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.