Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got an email today from LSE saying I should know their decision within 2 weeks :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveToArgue)
    I got an email today from LSE saying I should know their decision within 2 weeks :afraid:
    Best of luck!!

ReputationRep:
    I really need advice on where to apply:

9A*s 2As at GCSE
    2A s at A level (history and economics - B in maths dropped it), taking geography this year, predicted an A* or an A

Got a lot of work experience e.g. Rhode Island State legislators office, fresh fields law firm, Goldman Sachs and Im finding more and more things to do on my gap year related to the legal rights of people with mental disabilities.
    I got 28 on my first LNAT paper, been steadily going up a mark or so each paper. Taking it on the 19th October.

I genuinely don't know where would take me? Some people are saying to take a shot at Oxford , others say I won't even get into any of the top 10 for law so I'm really confused- any input whatsoever on where to apply/books to read/ more things to make my application better would be amazing!!

ReputationRep:
    Me too!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had their LNAT yet? Mine is on Wednesday
    I've had mine last week! (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovecathy)
    Me too!!
    Why have you guys applied so early?

ReputationRep:
    I've had mine last week! (:
    how did it go?! I know you aren't allowed to give details, but was it similar/different to the practise ones on the website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOP97)
    I'm applying to Oxford so I had to apply by 15th October, but I sent my UCAS off at the end of September because it was complete, and it not being sent off was stressing me out, so I wanted to submit it ASAP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegalEagle123)
    Best of luck!!
    Thanks! Imagine all this waiting and suspense and then it being a rejection........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOP97)
    I applied to Oxford so I had to send it off earlier than most anyway. Other than that I just wanted to get it over with instead of waiting until last minute

how did it go?! I know you aren't allowed to give details, but was it similar/different to the practise ones on the website?
    It went.. I don't really know, actually? It's hard to guess. Especially since I forgot most of it, being so nervous and all. I think the multiple choice part was alright, although a little harder than the ones on the website maybe, and my essay questions were too. Good look with your test! x

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if UEA is lenient with their applicants? They're requirements are slightly higher for me :/

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Oxford so I had to send it off earlier than most anyway. Other than that I just wanted to get it over with instead of waiting until last minute

It went.. I don't really know, actually? It's hard to guess. Especially since I forgot most of it, being so nervous and all. I think the multiple choice part was alright, although a little harder than the ones on the website maybe, and my essay questions were too. Good look with your test! x
    I'm sure you did well! Were the essays all based on factual information, or was it possible to do them without knowing statistics etc?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you did well! Were the essays all based on factual information, or was it possible to do them without knowing statistics etc?
    I hope so I think at least two of the three could be answered without having any special knowledge on the issues beforehand! I did one of them and didn't refer to any statistics or current news once because the subject just didn't require that at all.

ReputationRep:
    I hope so I think at least two of the three could be answered without having any special knowledge on the issues beforehand! I did one of them and didn't refer to any statistics or current news once because the subject just didn't require that at all.
    Thanks, that's reassuring! The essay is the main thing that's worrying me, it's the randomness and unpredictability I don't like

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, that's reassuring! The essay is the main thing that's worrying me, it's the randomness and unpredictability I don't like
    No problem! I was really stressed out about the essay part as well. Eventually, it wasn't as bad as it could have been, I think. Just sticking to your structure and trying to make it as clear and precise as possible is probably the most important thing - even more so than the actual quality of your arguments. Practising with some example questions and working out how to approach them is the best thing you can do for prep I'd say. I'm sure you'll do just fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegalEagle123)
    Haha I took the same AS Levels as you!
    I don't think it's a bit of a stretch as it looks like you are on track for at least an A*!
    I would go for it!
    Thank you!! Lol what did you drop- to be totally honest with you... i couldn't wait to leave that stupid english lit room!! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovetoargue)
    i got an email today from lse saying i should know their decision within 2 weeks :afraid:
    good luck!

ReputationRep:
    No problem! I was really stressed out about the essay part as well. Eventually, it wasn't as bad as it could have been, I think. Just sticking to your structure and trying to make it as clear and precise as possible is probably the most important thing - even more so than the actual quality of your arguments. Practising with some example questions and working out how to approach them is the best thing you can do for prep I'd say. I'm sure you'll do just fine!
    does everybody get a different lnat paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ftahir02)
    does everybody get a different lnat paper?
    kind of but not quite, it on the LNAT website, they have this big stash of multiple choice and essay titles and they make different but equal papers for each day so that people couldn't just find out the questions from people who have done the test before them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranayounis)
    Hey everyone!
    I've just sent off my application today and applied to Oxford, Warwick, Nottingham, Bristol and Exeter. I did the LNAT earlier this month and have no clue how I did (hopefully not too bad). I take IB and I'm predicted 43 overall (quite happy with that as I just found out today). I have HL 776 and SL 776. The only reason I don't have 3 7's at HL is due to the fact that we have a new syllabus in Art and we're really skeptical on how it will be marked so we thought it would be better just to predict me more realistically which I agree with. I also got 8A*s and 3As at GCSE.

Good luck to everyone!
    OMG you've applied for almost the same as me! But I changed Exeter to UEA last minute... might change it back tho, got a couple of days still..

Does anyone know how long offers take for any of these places? Already getting anxious and I only just got my welcome to track email!

Good luck tho!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 23, 2016

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.