Turn on thread page Beta

Muslims - would you date a non-Muslim? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    What does your link entail? Does it get physical?
    everything

(Original post by Blackstarr)
    I wonder if any Muslims on here eat pork?
    pork looks and is disgusting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F000S)
    Why you giving your own legal rulings for? Marrying a non muslim is Haram and Nikah will not even be valid as they are not people of the book. Those people of the book (which they are none left today) Nikah will be valid but it is Haram and a sin to do so.

Allah and his Beloved Messenger Salallahu Alayhu Wasalam know best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You disgust me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am an ex-Muslim atheist, but even when I was religious back in time I wouldn't have second thoughts about dating a non-Muslim. I think religion is an incredibly personal thing and should be kept that way.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halal kebab5)
    i've never had a muslim girl as a gf or a link only non muslims
    Just advising you broski, but you should try to avoid zinah if possible, fee sabilillah - like do you know the punishment for it after death? For your sake you should stop, draw a line in the sand and move on

(Original post by halal kebab5)
    everything

pork looks and is disgusting

If you say so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    Just advising you broski, but you should try to avoid zinah if possible, fee sabilillah - like do you know the punishment for it after death? For your sake you should stop, draw a line in the sand and move on
    much love for looking out for me, inshaAllah bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm just curious as to whether a practising Muslim would consider dating someone who is not of the same religion or avoid it, be it for family reasons, personal preference etc.
    Yes, as long as they aren't South Asian or East Asian.

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HassanD)
    So in order for a country to be good enough for you, you have to want to date it's native people?
    You should have to be willing to. You're happy to take liberties but think you're too good for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jebedee)
    You should have to be willing to. You're happy to take liberties but think you're too good for us.
    No, I wouldn't mind a Muslim British. So just because I don't feel the need to wanting to date a non-Muslim it means I am too good for you? Lmao your logic, it's called preference. I have many British friends, both female and male, some are close but I just wouldn't want to date them as it's not my personal lifestyle.

ReputationRep:
    Its good to see that people would date non-muslims

To the ones on the fence or who wouldn't, what if said guy/girl would be willing to convert for you?

ReputationRep:
    No, I wouldn't mind a Muslim British. So just because I don't feel the need to wanting to date a non-Muslim it means I am too good for you? Lmao your logic, it's called preference. I have many British friends, both female and male, some are close but I just wouldn't want to date them as it's not my personal lifestyle.
    No you're not too good for us. You just think you are.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what kind of person it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jebedee)
    No you're not too good for us. You just think you are.
    Not really, I just don't see a compatible life with non-Muslim spouse due to difference in opinion and lifestyle in general, nothing to do with thinking I am too good for you.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldnt really mind if they're Muslim or non Muslim, but obviously problems would arise I guess when trying to marry a non Muslim with the families

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not really, I just don't see a compatible life with non-Muslim spouse due to difference in opinion and lifestyle in general, nothing to do with thinking I am too good for you.
    To prejudge like that is tantamount to bigotry.

ReputationRep:
    no its too risky. if they fall for me or vice versa we cant be together

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 23, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.