Turn on thread page Beta

[WEEKS LEFT: 23] What are your goals for A Levels? Do not fail your contract. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High Stakes)
    Take a deep breath. Today is what? 30th of October. So we're just starting November. We're still ages away from May & June.

What can you do now? Prioritise your learning. Organise yourself and look at the topics you want to study first. Study these topics thoroughly.

Remember. There are 24 hours in a day and it's up to you to make the most of it.

Process, digest and assimilate all the information you need. Understand it. Then when Christmas comes by, go through it again. Sear it into your mind.

After that, when Easter comes around you're going to be able to easily do some final revision with the odd paper or two.
    When you put it like that it doesn't sound too bad. I tend to get quite anxious about exams I just panic and become less productive. I'm going to follow your advice and try to get more work done now so I feel like I'm on top of things.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Thanks a bunch for this!! It helps so much.

Feel free to PM me about setting up the group chat/Whatsapp deets.
    Let me know if it goes through.

Updated. Once your name is on the list, there's no going back. You have to achieve this target you set yourself.

It is imperative that you do so.
    Such pressure :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)

Such pressure :indiff:
    Pressure is good.

ReputationRep:
    Pressure is good.
    I just re-read the OP; it said for this year's results day. I thought it was for the whole A-Level, but since I'm only at AS at the moment could you change it to AAAA please?

Thanks in advance c:

ReputationRep:
    Pressure is good.
    Egad! Having seen M0nkey Thunder's post above and checking the OP again, could I also change my targets? Whilst I'd be happy to achieve those grades next year, for this year's round of exams the most I can/want to achieve is A*AAA! (The A* being the EPQ)
    I'd rather not set myself too impossible targets

ReputationRep:
    A*AA would be ideal

ReputationRep:
    AAA

ReputationRep:
    Predicted A*A*A (+A* in EPQ) which is ridiculously high but it would be nice

Preferably A*s in History and English Lit since they're my favourite subjects and I got high UMS last year, but History has been ridiculous this year with the coursework Can only lose 2 marks if I want an A* in it!

A in Politics would be good but U.S. Politics bores me and I got lower than I wanted last year :/ bad teachers don't help either

And the EPQ doesn't really matter, none of my unis require it so I'll just do what I want with it lol

Anybody else doing Edexcel History or Politics, or AQA Lit?

A*A*A*(+A* in EPQ)

Realistically A*A*A (+A in EPQ), with the A*s in Chemistry and Biology. An A* in Maths would be such a gift

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enaayrah)
    A*A*A*(+A* in EPQ)

Realistically A*A*A (+A in EPQ), with the A*s in Chemistry and Biology. An A* in Maths would be such a gift
    A* maths is waayyy easier than the other two

(Original post by ubisoft)
    A* maths is waayyy easier than the other two
    You'd say so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enaayrah)
    You'd say so?
    Yesss, but then again I did FM... Chemistry A2 is killer

ReputationRep:
    got: BBCC (bio, computing, chem, phys)
    predicted: BBB (bio, comp, chem)
    need: AAA
    aiming for: A*AA (difference between B and A* in bio for me is 2 ums so why not lol )

ReputationRep:
    A*A*A*

ReputationRep:
    A*AAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antigone-)
    Predicted A*A*A (+A* in EPQ) which is ridiculously high but it would be nice

Preferably A*s in History and English Lit since they're my favourite subjects and I got high UMS last year, but History has been ridiculous this year with the coursework Can only lose 2 marks if I want an A* in it!

A in Politics would be good but U.S. Politics bores me and I got lower than I wanted last year :/ bad teachers don't help either

And the EPQ doesn't really matter, none of my unis require it so I'll just do what I want with it lol

Anybody else doing Edexcel History or Politics, or AQA Lit?
    I do politics lol it's much different to AS.International politics is much harder but at the same time very boring.

ReputationRep:
    A*AAA

ReputationRep:
    4A* A

A*A*A

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to achieve AAB

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.