Turn on thread page Beta

Would Muslim nations take in Western English refugees if roles were reversed? watch

ReputationRep:
    I honestly doubt it, the only Muslim nations which have the resources and capacity to aid aren't even helping their own brothers out - UAE, Dubai, Bahrain, Qatar etc.. Why on earth would they help anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HipsDon'tLie.)
    I'm not going to pretend to know a lot about this, but weren't these Asians from colonised states? Rather than individuals fighting of their own accord?
    Most were from our old colonies but all were volunteers, none were conscripts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !!mentor!!)
    Most were from our old colonies but all were volunteers, none were conscripts.
    So they got paid to do the Job

Hardly altruistic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brennanlee)
    For goodness sake does it even matter!?
    Yes it does matter

it's a shoe on the other foot question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    Europe as a 'geopolitical entity' didn't exist at this point in history so to call them European Jews is wrong
    Stop being pedantic. It is completely reasonable to refer to geographical regions by what they are called in the modern day.

and it blames the whole of Europe for this rather then the actual countries involved
    No it doesn't - you gigantic bell-end. Not to mention that I specified which countries they were fleeing from in that post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Man.)
    Stop being pedantic. It is completely reasonable to refer to geographical regions by what they are called in the modern day.

No it doesn't - you gigantic bell-end. Not to mention that I specified which countries they were fleeing from in that post.
    No it's not it's dishonest

You are trying to say the Ottomans were better than the Europeans because they saved the 'European' Jews

as I said this is dishonest

But can see your debating style is the equivalent of the pissed bloke shouting at cars so I'll leave it there

ReputationRep:
    No it's not it's dishonest

You are trying to say the Ottomans were better than the Europeans because they saved the 'European' Jews
    Thanks for the strawman. I didn't say that the Ottomans were better than the Europeans nor do I believe it. I'm done with you.

ReputationRep:
    I think they would. In spite of what people think, most Muslims are decent human beings and I think when it really comes down to most people help those in need regardless of their background. People tend to come together when they need to.

And frankly so what if they wouldn't take us? Compassion should be given without expecting things in return.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by battycatlady)
    I think they would. In spite of what people think, most Muslims are decent human beings and I think when it really comes down to most people help those in need regardless of their background. People tend to come together when they need to.
    Clearly evidenced by the generosity of most of the Arab gulf states in letting in so many refugees.

Oh wait.

ReputationRep:
    So they got paid to do the Job

Hardly altruistic
    Yes, they were paid because we were and still are incapable of fighting our own wars.

It could be argued they made better Brits than the Brits. We had to fight but they chose to fight. How many people here have served their country. I'd wager hardly any.

Point proven. FTW.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    Clearly evidenced by the generosity of most of the Arab gulf states in letting in so many refugees.

Oh wait.
    So blame the government, not individual Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    He clearly did just that

'Arab gulf states'

ReputationRep:
    "Arab gulf states" being the keyword.

Nations let refugees in, not individual people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    "Arab gulf states" being the keyword.

Nations let refugees in, not individual people.
    I can hear the protests in Doha and Ryadh from over here!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.