Turn on thread page Beta

EU Referendum: Campaign to leave the European Union watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Who should be elected campaign leader?
    RotatingPhasor
    4.17%
    Tahret
    0%
    Adam9317
    12.50%
    Nigel Farage MEP
    54.17%
    United1892
    16.67%
    PetrosAC
    4.17%
    Hazzer1998
    8.33%

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Birchington How will the EU team leader elections work? Will anyone be eligible to vote or just the people supporting that campaign?
    Polls will be held on the each campaign thread to elect the campaign leader. Deputy leaders can then be appointed by campaign leaders once they are elected. I'll make each poll public so questionable votes can be removed if people express concerns.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by adam9317)
    Mr Speaker.

I believe, according to a previously discussed timeline; the vote for the leader for the campaign groups should commence, with all people having had 3 days to stand!
    The vote is now underway.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Birchington)
    The vote is now underway.
    I'm not on the poll :/

(Original post by PetrosAC)
    I'd love to lead though it's likely to be a Kipper

This is me nominating myself to lead the campaign

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    I'm not on the poll :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You are now :yy:
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    You are now :yy:
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Polls will be held on the each campaign thread to elect the campaign leader. Deputy leaders can then be appointed by campaign leaders once they are elected. I'll make each poll public so questionable votes can be removed if people express concerns.
    Mr. Speaker, could you please clarify why are deputy leaders not going to be elected but rather appointed by the leader? I believe that no supporters of this campaign group have expressed such a wish.

Also, if you're going to amend the poll to include Petros, please, add myself as well because the above detail changes a couple of things.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't nominate myself :P

Birchington
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Mr. Speaker, could you please clarify why are deputy leaders not going to be elected but rather appointed by the leader? I believe that no supporters of this campaign group have expressed such a wish.

Also, if you're going to amend the poll to include Petros, please, add myself as well because the above detail changes a couple of things.
    I have to agree. It should have been outlined from the start.

Then again, it seems we're all winging this at the moment as we're waiting on QC

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Life_peer)

This follows the way campaign leaders were appointed during the last referendum, i.e. appointed rather than elected.

I have no wish to prevent people from standing for deputy campaign leader in a democratic election, so after considering your comments, I will open a poll shortly for deputy candidates.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I was going to ask, are we operating on an honesty system, or can In supporters vote for Out's leader, and vice versa?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    I was going to ask, are we operating on an honesty system, or can In supporters vote for Out's leader, and vice versa?
    I hope people can vote honestly, however from experience this sometimes doesn't happen so the public votes will allow me to remove any ineligible votes.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Campaign supporters can now vote to elect your deputy campaign leader.

ReputationRep:
    Campaign supporters can now vote to elect your deputy campaign leader.
    Given the large number of candidates standing, should we not be using the alternate vote? Also, some people are standing in both leader and DL elections. Would the speaker confirm: if a candidate who is standing in both elections wins both elections, would the second-placed candidate in the DL election become DL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    Given the large number if candidates standing, should we not be using the alternate vote? Also, some people are standing in both leader and DL elections. Would the speaker confirm: if a candidate who is standing in both elections wins both elections, would the second-placed candidate in the DL election become DL?
    Hear, hear. Good shout.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    Given the large number of candidates standing, should we not be using the alternate vote? Also, some people are standing in both leader and DL elections. Would the speaker confirm: if a candidate who is standing in both elections wins both elections, would the second-placed candidate in the DL election become DL?
    Voting will be a first past the post majority vote, as used for all MHoC leadership elections.

In the event of a leader and deputy leader candidate being elected to both positions, the second-placed candidate will become deputy leader.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Voting will be a first past the post majority vote, as used for all MHoC leadership elections.

In the event of a leader and deputy leader candidate being elected to both positions, the second-placed candidate will become deputy leader.
    Cheers for not including me in the poll btw
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    Cheers for not including me in the poll btw
    I have obviously missed your nomination post - apologies. I have added you to the poll.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I have obviously missed your nomination post - apologies. I have added you to the poll.
    Little late now though, besides I have cast my vote for someone else and wouldn't want to see their vote split. So could you please remove me Sorry!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    All MHoC leadership elections except Labour's, it would seem.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    Little late now though, besides I have cast my vote for someone else and wouldn't want to see their vote split. So could you please remove me Sorry!
    Fair enough, I am sure you will still be able to make a positive contribution.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.