Turn on thread page Beta

So we are moving towards a totalitarian state, you guys ready? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshDawg)
    We're talking about recycling here, but okay.
    Why do you think you recycle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr JB)
    Why do you think you recycle?
    I recycle because big brother here in the UK tells me off when I put a glass bottle in the black bin bag. You guys have it so lucky that you don't get told off every time that happens. This totalitarian state is just toooooooo controlling of me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM713)
    I know that, that's why I'm asking; I don't know what you mean by "authoritarian from the left". Can you speak in layman's terms please, some of us haven't studied political jargon.
    no worries, Google defines it as:
    "Authoritarian personality is a state of mind or attitude characterized by belief in absolute obedience or submission to one's own authority, as well as the administration of that belief through the oppression of one's subordinates."

which essentially means someone who thinks that what they believe is the absolute truth and thinks that what there ideas of what is right and wrong should be forced onto everyone else because anyone who doesn't agree with them is incorrect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshDawg)
    I recycle because big brother here in the UK tells me off when I put a glass bottle in the black bin bag. You guys have it so lucky that you don't get told off every time that happens. This totalitarian state is just toooooooo controlling of me!
    Enjoy your fines for everything - wrong bins, speed cameras, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh75)
    no worries, Google defines it as:
    "Authoritarian personality is a state of mind or attitude characterized by belief in absolute obedience or submission to one's own authority, as well as the administration of that belief through the oppression of one's subordinates."

which essentially means someone who thinks that what they believe is the absolute truth and thinks that what there ideas of what is right and wrong should be forced onto everyone else because anyone who doesn't agree with them is incorrect.
    Haha, it can come out of compassion, and the understanding that others need stirring in the right direction, but, ultimately it's up to them to make their own decisions.

ReputationRep:
    What helps you sleep at night. CCTV surveillance and those TVs that record your private conversations, that everyones seems to have forgot about, say something else.
    Loooooooool ite

ReputationRep:
    Haha, it can come out of compassion, and the understanding that others need stirring in the right direction, but, ultimately it's up to them to make their own decisions.
    well these people don't understand letting people decide for them selves, most authoritarians left or right wing both believe they are being compassionate the issue of why isn't the problem its that they arrogantly believe that their ideas are above others ideas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr JB)
    Enjoy your fines for everything - wrong bins, speed cameras, etc.
    Yeah, I do hate being fined for speeding. I mean, why bother right? Why would they want to discourage me from driving at a speed that endangers others? Sooooo stupid right?

ReputationRep:
    CCTV is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. There's a lot, lot more going on that an increase in surveillance.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean, with security cameras all over the place it's basically the plot of 1984.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh75)
    well these people don't understand letting people decide for them selves, most authoritarians left or right wing both believe they are being compassionate the issue of why isn't the problem its that they arrogantly believe that their ideas are above others ideas.
    I don't know about them, but, there is an understanding we can all tap into, if we are made aware of it. Although, it is and will always be up to the individual. The way we are heading very helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perplexing Pleb)
    I know what you mean, with security cameras all over the place it's basically the plot of 1984.
    Clearly you didn't understand the plot of 1984.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Clearly you didn't understand the plot of 1984.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was being sarcastic

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't make sense.
    Freedom is the Freedom to say 2+2=4!

ReputationRep:
    Why does IS exist in the first place? I really dont think it's all because they dislike the population.
    They dislike the differences. People who don't agree with them will be killed,evidently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skunkboy)
    They dislike the differences. People who don't agree with them will be killed,evidently.
    They are just as nutty, from what I've heard about them.

ReputationRep:
    Jeremy Corbyn is truly frightening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stoltguyboo)
    Jeremy Corbyn is truly frightening.
    Why??

ReputationRep:
    Why??
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-Tory-MP.html

Need i say more?

ReputationRep:
    It's the Daily Mail, why would you get your information from there?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.