Turn on thread page Beta

Please be honest: would you date a girl who has had one night stands? watch

(Original post by bassbabe)
    Would keep it casual. Wouldn't want a serious relationship though. As already mentioned, not wifey material.
    What do you mean by 'casual'? Wouldn't that defeat the point of wifey material to then engage yourself in something casual :confused:

Would keep it casual. Wouldn't want a serious relationship though. As already mentioned, not wifey material.
    Under legal consent, dear.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    it would be wrong to judge.

It's fine. As long as you're safe and leave everything in the past, I'm sure that a guy will accept and love you for who you are.

Never lose hope!
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by 'casual'? Wouldn't that defeat the point of wifey material to then engage yourself in something casual :confused:
    Was going to explain it further but nevermind.

ReputationRep:
    Under legal consent, dear.
    I'm not under the age of legal consent.

16 is fine.

I'm not under the age of legal consent.
    16 is fine.

Was going to explain it further but nevermind.
    Are you a lesbian?

yupp
    Fair enough. I will just have to find someone who loves me unconditionally despite my imperfections and my thot-ish past then

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be selfish to assume every girl will be untouched. Ofcourse everyone has a past and we learn from it. You shouldn't be penalised for something you did in the past and so for that reason yup I would date a girl with the same circumstances

ReputationRep:
    You really need to learn to care less about what others think of you...

The vast majority of people have had at least one ONS by your age. You're hardly Moll Flanders

ReputationRep:
    OP, the kind of guy who would rule out a long-term relationship based on you having had a handful of flings and ONSs in the past are the exact type of guy you want to avoid.

Actually it's probably a good way to weed out the insecure boys in your search for somebody better. If they react like some of the above, get rid. Easy.

ReputationRep:
    I see. I take it you see me as a thot then?
    Of course you're not. Don't listen to these *****. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Are you a lesbian?
    No.

No.
    Okay sorry I got confused because you were talking about wifey material... I was wondering why a straight woman would do that.

(Original post by e aí rapaz)
    OP, the kind of guy who would rule out a long-term relationship based on you having had a handful of flings and ONSs in the past are the exact type of guy you want to avoid.

Actually it's probably a good way to weed out the insecure boys in your search for somebody better. If they react like some of the above, get rid. Easy.
    Yes in a way it acts as a filter to find someone who truly accepts me and wouldn't think any less of me

(Original post by tnetennba)
    You really need to learn to care less about what others think of you...

The vast majority of people have had at least one ONS by your age. You're hardly Moll Flanders
    Yeah I would agree most girls my age have had at least one casual encounter! I never thought I would when I was a teenager but hey we all start as virgins.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't read the previous pages, but if it were me I wouldn't bat an eyelid at any partner having previous ONSs. I've dated girls both more experienced and less experienced than me. As long as my partner knew clearly that having a drunken ONS is no excuse for cheating in the future; and if any sort of cheating does occur I will drop them without a second thought.

ReputationRep:
    Of course I would, would be hypocritical not to on my part since I have had one night stands.

Though your attitude towards the subject seems to be the most worrying thing OP. You were just as much an agent as the guys you slept with, you aren't a toy to be used, but a human who is allowed to have fun despite *shock horror* your gender not being male. I get that women are judged far more harshly on this subject, but please instead of internalising that judgement, I would advise you reject it. You'll be far happier in the long run without feeling so worthless due to such stupid social norms.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps the one sense in which you're actually quite content to be 'left hanging'.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 10, 2015
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.