ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illiberal Liberal)
    Lolled at this :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliemayxo)
    Well it does.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is this another of your "jokes on you, I was only pretending to be a moron" moments? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well it does.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At least your ditzy personality matches your looks :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum_law)
    What a line. Got a giggle, bud. Well done.
    Think I repped you before pal, for sumit similar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Is this another of your "jokes on you, I was only pretending to be a moron" moments? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope. Being deadly serious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum_law)
    And nowhere did I say shutting people's opinions down is wrong, did I? You did, yet you did the same thing to me. You're a hypocrite.
    I shut down your false statement of fact...you didn't present an opinion by itself, you presented it as fact. That was wrong and you must understand that was wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I say tea because I was brought up that way. Sadly, I didn't choose to be born in the north of England. (I want an escape)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingAuthor)
    I say tea because I was brought up that way. Sadly, I didn't choose to be born in the north of England. (I want an escape)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    *facepalm*

Who chooses where they are born?

ReputationRep:
    Nobody. I just hate how some privlaged nobody's disregard northerners as descendants from hell...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Baffles me how anybody who actually speaks properly and uses the right words are labelled as 'snobs'. I'd rather be seen as a snob than somebody who doesn't know how to speak correctly.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Baffles me how anybody who actually speaks properly and uses the right words are labelled as 'snobs'. I'd rather be seen as a snob than somebody who doesn't know how to speak correctly.
    It's not that people who say tea don't know how to speak properly, it's just how people are brought up. Different words are used in different parts of the country, it's just how it works! There are plenty of words that people down south use that I have never heard in my life simply because it's a word exclusive to that area

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    It's not that people who say tea don't know how to speak properly, it's just how people are brought up. Different words are used in different parts of the country, it's just how it works! There are plenty of words that people down south use that I have never heard in my life simply because it's a word exclusive to that area

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't use reason and logic in this thread please. It's not wanted :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Dinner. Never really understood why people use the term 'tea'.

ReputationRep:
    Breakfast, Lunch and Tea

ReputationRep:
    Do you call your dinner your tea, or dinner? to me, tea sounds awfully common and rough. I would never say "I'm going home to have tea" I see it like this; Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 'Tea' in my case, is having a cup of tea? does anyone else agree with me?.
    If you're going to make it a class issue, you should probably know that it's actually called 'supper' by the upper class. As in 'breakfast, dinner, supper'. This from experience of working in catering for the upper class.

ReputationRep:
    I've always used the two interchangeably. The first two meals are breakfast and lunch, though.

ReputationRep:
    Breakfast, lunch and then dinner or tea. I use both, though neither is ideal. Dinner can be used for lunch or the evening meal, and tea is obviously also a drink. I suppose I could just call it the "evening meal" but that sounds a bit weird. I know some people call it supper, but to me that's what you have just before bed.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on who I am with. Different people call it different things.
    Breakfast, lunch and dinner (with parents and friends).
    Breakfast, tea and dinner (with grandparents).
    Breakfast, lunch and tea (with some of my friends).

Tea is a bit of a weird one, since I can use it as a substitute for both 'lunch' and 'dinner'.

ReputationRep:
    Breakfast, lunch, dinner.

I associate the term 'tea' with afternoon tea.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.