Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

If I gave you £1m right now, what would you do with it? watch

ReputationRep:
    Pay for my India trip, bless my parents and save

ReputationRep:
    Invest (maybe in properties), so i can become richer.
    Then when i'm nearing billions I would proabably give a lot to family, charity e.c.t
    Spoiler:
    Show
    but I would really end up paying student loan, some to my immediate family, some to charity, and then try to live a comfortable simple life.

ReputationRep:
    Would take about £300k of it to buy me and the gf a decent house and furnish it (East Midlands area so prices quite reasonable).

Take £100k to use for a nice holiday, few purchases, gifts for parents etc, the rest to supplement income for a good few years.

£100k to buy my Dad a small property (flat or small house) in the immediate area to where he lives.

£100k for GF to help her mum out financially in which ever way she wishes.

Financial adviser, £400k invested in low/med risk.

Bar a few grand for a nice holiday I'd wait a couple of years I'd assist my mum and her partner buy a retirement property, albeit financially they're doing okay and she'd likely tell me to save it for my own future tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Failingstudent98)
    You do know how much 1million is right...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes... why?

ReputationRep:
    Solve the recession problem probably! lol

ReputationRep:
    Buy myself a quality cardboard box to keep out the rain and give you back the rest.

ReputationRep:
    I'd use some of it to go on a snowboarding trip. The rest...hmm, pay my university fees then probably just put the rest in the bank. My parents always taught me the importance of saving. :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    Spend ~100k on a flat & a new car, mayby some other stuff.

Dump ~900k in a building society and low risk investments. Call it ~5% return a year. 45k a year income... And the rich get richer .

Although im assuming the 1 million is after capital gains tax?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by godivaontherocks)
    Buy myself a quality cardboard box to keep out the rain and give you back the rest.
    why would you give it back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jsMath)
    Solve the recession problem probably! lol
    think you'd need a tad more money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chantalc)
    think you'd need a tad more money
    That's why i was laughing, but think about it, there are people who managed to make a lot of money out of the blue, but starting with a million can make a bit of a difference.

I would invest such money in developing new technologies, creating more jobs, and develop skills.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jsMath)
    That's why i was laughing, but think about it, there are people who managed to make a lot of money out of the blue, but starting with a million can make a bit of a difference.

I would invest such money in developing new technologies, creating more jobs, and develop skills.
    Thats true. I don't understand when people have so much money they will never be able to spend it all, don't put it towards a "good use."

ReputationRep:
    why would you give it back?
    I figure 1 cardboard box is all I'd need. I wouldn't trust myself with that kind of cash. Who knows what I'd wind up buying if I kept the rest. Maybe another Darth Vader costume or another pet dog or maybe... an endless supply of cardboard boxes? I hate paying rent.

ReputationRep:
    take my mum and run

ReputationRep:
    Put 40% in bank, 20% family, 20% spending and 20% for charity as no person needs such a huge amount of money to be happy

ReputationRep:
    Thats true. I don't understand when people have so much money they will never be able to spend it all, don't put it towards a "good use."
    We don't live in a fair world, do you think it is justice for an actress for example to make millions, whereas we people spend our time researching in labs trying to improve life and we don't make as much as they do, this is what i call lack of money distribution.

Some rich prince somewhere ruling somewhere in the world whereas his people are suffering and starving, this is called greed.

With bad intention and selfishness comes bad deeds said me.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Probably buy a house and put whatever's left in the bank

ReputationRep:
    go to g collins and watchfinder and blow about half then spend on a nice selection of fast cars say a ferrari, a lambo, a bentley, a range rover, a rolls royce, an aston and porshe all from preowned sources and a mustang and a gtr and a challenger

ReputationRep:
    I'm hope the girls are reading my post but I would give it all to charity because I am very caring

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proxenus)
    I'm hope the girls are reading my post but I would give it all to charity because I am very caring

Posted from TSR Mobile
    aw how very caring you are

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.