Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    I'm not opposed to it, but I don't find people outside of my race particularly appealing.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/Icnf7jQwKqLny/200_s.gif

ReputationRep:
    not really. I'm allowed to have a preference
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    Do I have a chance then?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Kidding btw
    Of course

:teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Thet do
    Guess i am ugly then :rofl:
    naa lol they will eventually come

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheYearNiner)
    naa lol they will eventually come
    😏 they better m8

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Whilst I'm more physically attracted to those from south east Asia I am indifferent about race when it comes to dating. If I like someone's personality and we have similar interests then I may be interested in dating with them (haven't been out with anyone though).

ReputationRep:
    Yh, why not

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't have children outside my race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
    I wouldn't have children outside my race.
    Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We're all human. If I like him, I'd go for it. "It" being going out with him... Jjust to you know, make that clear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm interested to see what the distribution of responses is regarding dating outside your race. I don't see not dating outside of one's race to be racist (for me it's about having a similar background which is why I personally just date people similar to me) but I'm interested in seeing where people stand on this issue.
    No, I would not.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I wouldn't.
    Reason: higher probability of sharing similar values and beliefs means less friction in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Flak Jacket)
    Nah I wouldn't.
    Reason: higher probability of sharing similar values and beliefs means less friction in the long run.
    That's why you date in the first place, too find out if you are indeed compatible.
    Not a good reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    That's why you date in the first place, too find out if you are indeed compatible.
    Not a good reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You don't need to date someone in order to find out their values and beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Flak Jacket)
    You don't need to date someone in order to find out their values and beliefs.
    If that's the case then how does ruling out other races help at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    If that's the case then how does ruling out other races help at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It narrows things down significantly and saves time. For example it's highly unlikely that a Korean girl will share the same values and beliefs as a guy from a south Asian background so there's little point in pursuing it.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm interested to see what the distribution of responses is regarding dating outside your race. I don't see not dating outside of one's race to be racist (for me it's about having a similar background which is why I personally just date people similar to me) but I'm interested in seeing where people stand on this issue.

For me, I have mixed heritage anyway (Albanian and Circassian) so it doesn't look like I belong to a particular race anyway AND my ancestors have been living in Turkey for centuries.
    But being born in England and growing up in London, I find it perfectly reasonable to date someone outside of my race.

Then again, not that good with relationships 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by preetg97)
    I'd likely be disowned haha. :mad:
    My **** will be happy to adopt you if you look anything like your pic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by preetg97)
    I'd be disowned then too, lol
    I come from a very traditional family (parents, aunts, uncles, cousins etc.) so anything which hurts their pride in the slightest would result in them throwing me out. They're also heavy believers in the caste system. I've been threatened with it before haha
    :shock: and there are people that think it's exclusively our (Hindu) problem lol.

In any case, I thought as Sikhs, you were supposed to have completely rejected Jāti (caste) hence the surnames Kaur and Singh?

ReputationRep:
    I want my children to look like me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.