Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Nottingham Medical School Applicants 2016 Entry watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What score did you get on the UKCAT?
    <500
    0%
    500-550
    0%
    550-574
    0%
    575-600
    2.13%
    600-624
    5.32%
    625-649
    8.51%
    650-674
    17.02%
    675-699
    19.15%
    700-724
    24.47%
    725-749
    7.45%
    750-774
    3.19%
    775-799
    5.32%
    800-824
    1.06%
    825-849
    3.19%
    >850
    3.19%

ReputationRep:
    Rejected :/

ReputationRep:
    What scores did people get for rejections ? I got 43 pre-PS

ReputationRep:
    Before personal statement I got 45! I thought I'd have the best chance at Nottingham for an interveiw because last year 45 was needed post personal statement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z1228)
    Before personal statement I got 45! I thought I'd have the best chance at Nottingham for an interveiw because last year 45 was needed post personal statement
    Exactly its weird. People with 48 and 47 have been rejected as well. I wonder what the post personal statement score could be

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by temid)
    Exactly its weird. People with 48 and 47 have been rejected as well. I wonder what the post personal statement score could be

Posted from TSR Mobile
    -5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by temid)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah just got a rejection with pre interview score of 48!! My personal statement must have been terrible 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My pre-PS score was also 48!

ReputationRep:
    So they have rejected some of the best applicants? Anyone now a score that has got an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JJB237)
    So they have rejected some of the best applicants? Anyone now a score that has got an interview?
    Yeah, most of the people I know who have got interviews have a pre-PS score of 50 or above. I had my interview back in December with a pre-PS score of 52.

They've rejected a lot of people though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Yeah, most of the people I know who have got interviews have a pre-PS score of 50 or above. I had my interview back in December with a pre-PS score of 52.

They've rejected a lot of people though
    So as standard they have invited the best candidates first as they don't need to look at PS as much and they now have rejected the people who are second best. I can understand them rejecting someone like me on 43 but I don't get why they rejected 47/48?

ReputationRep:
    So as standard they have invited the best candidates first as they don't need to look at PS as much and they now have rejected the people who are second best. I can understand them rejecting someone like me on 43 but I don't get why they rejected 47/48?
    Potentially the people who have been rejected with 47/48 didn't have a very good PS score? Because I know a few people who have 47/48 who have interviews, so I assume those who got 48 and were rejected had a low PS score :/

ReputationRep:
    Potentially the people who have been rejected with 47/48 didn't have a very good PS score? Because I know a few people who have 47/48 who have interviews, so I assume those who got 48 and were rejected had a low PS score :/
    Yes, but the cut-off last year was about 45 after PS grading (/16) so unless they got 0 I don't see how they would of failed

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but the cut-off last year was about 45 after PS grading (/16) so unless they got 0 I don't see how they would of failed
    No, the cut-off last year was 45 BEFORE PS grading. We had a whole debate about this a while back which ended with somebody phoning up Nottingham to confirm, I'm pretty sure. I assume the cut-off this year is higher because there are more applicants

ReputationRep:
    No, the cut-off last year was 45 BEFORE PS grading. We had a whole debate about this a while back which ended with somebody phoning up Nottingham to confirm, I'm pretty sure. I assume the cut-off this year is higher because there are more applicants
    so why is a score of 39 on their website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovecake123)
    so why is a score of 39 on their website?
    Not a clue, I guess it's intentionally misleading to encourage more people to apply?

ReputationRep:
    Not a clue, I guess it's intentionally misleading to encourage more people to apply?
    Would they do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They shouldn't do that!- thats really bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by temid)
    Would they do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know, but it does seem like that's what's happened XD

(Original post by ilovecake123)
    They shouldn't do that!- thats really bad!
    Yeah, ikr? I really hope that I'm wrong and that's not the case because it is a really horrible thing to do XD

ReputationRep:
    I have not heard anything with a pre-PS score of 44. For those that have received rejections has your track been updated ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BadLashes)
    I have not heard anything with a pre-PS score of 44. For those that have received rejections has your track been updated ?
    nope just an email

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.