Turn on thread page Beta
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by ejca)
    Hi,

I received my offer on the 8th of December and haven't heard anything about an applicant day, should i get in touch with the University? As I'm wanting visit before I decide on my firm.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi there,

That is an odd one, sorry you haven't heard anything! Can you get in contact with the university and hopefully they can help out.

Cheers,
    Keir
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    Hi again,

I seemed to apply for 1st year entry. Is it possible to change to 2nd year entry now, or wait until results day?

Thanks
    We can change your offer now but to be honest it is probably better to wait till your exam results come out because we change it to second year now and you miss the conditions ever so slightly you might not be offered back into 1st year if the programme is full.

If you are worried, contact the university for an in-depth chat about your choices.

Cheers,
    Keir

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if you could advise please. I am a home student applied for the BSL language, interpretation and translation course but I've yet to hear anything back. Has the faculty began giving offers on the course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heriot-Watt University)
    Hi guys

I know a lot of you are making your mind up right now about 2016 UCAS applications, so here's a chance for you to ask any questions you might have about Heriot-Watt.
    From student life to accommodation or great things about Edinburgh we'll try and come back to you with useful advice so fire away!
    Cheers

Heriot-Watt Student Room Team (Keir, Sophie and Carole):dancing2:

I was wondering if you could advise please. I am a home student applied for the BSL language, interpretation and translation course but I've yet to hear anything back. Has the faculty began giving offers on the course?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Annejanedownie)
    Hi Annejanedownie,

The School of Management and Languages have started to give out offers but they like to look at every part of the application. They will look at your personal statement and teacher reference. Unfortunately this takes a little bit of time so apologies that we haven't been back in touch with you but we are considering all of our applications. All I can say is hang tight and good luck. I hope you hear good news soon.

Cheers,
    Keir

ReputationRep:
    Hi Annejanedownie,

The School of Management and Languages have started to give out offers but they like to look at every part of the application. They will look at your personal statement and teacher reference. Unfortunately this takes a little bit of time so apologies that we haven't been back in touch with you but we are considering all of our applications. All I can say is hang tight and good luck. I hope you hear good news soon.

Cheers,
    Keir

Thanks for your quick reply. 😀
    I'll be patient and just keep checking track.

Anne.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep

Anne.
    No problem, if you have any questions just get back in touch!

Keir

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

I know a lot of you are making your mind up right now about 2016 UCAS applications, so here's a chance for you to ask any questions you might have about Heriot-Watt.
    From student life to accommodation or great things about Edinburgh we'll try and come back to you with useful advice so fire away!
    Cheers

Heriot-Watt Student Room Team (Keir, Sophie and Carole):dancing2:
    Hey, I applied for Electronic and Electrical Engineering and I haven't heard back yet. I have heard from all the other universities I have applied to and am getting worried!

ReputationRep:
    Do we have any updates on the Artificial Intelligence course?

It's probably the one I'm most excited about(But the one I'm least hopeful of getting in) so I'd love to hear that the decision has been made so I can concentrate my energies!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep

Anne.

Hi Anne

We're hoping to have processed all the BSL applications we received by the 15 January deadline over the next few weeks so please do keep checking UCAS Track.

BSL takes us a little longer than most of our other programmes as our Admissions Team and BSL Team consider the applications together and make decisions from there. Fingers crossed for you :crossedf:

Thanks
    UG Admissions Team, School of Management and Languages

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am an EU student who applied for international business management in September. I have still not recieved an answer and Im starting to worry that its a bad sign.
    I was also wondering if its possible to enter the course the second year if you have done the exact same course at another university the first year?

My biggest dream is to study IBM at Heriot Watt!!

ReputationRep:
    Just received my offer woohoo!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got an conditional for Psychology. So happy because this is my first offer and I was slowly losing my patience haha

ReputationRep:
    Would u be staying in halls?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Anne

We're hoping to have processed all the BSL applications we received by the 15 January deadline over the next few weeks so please do keep checking UCAS Track.

BSL takes us a little longer than most of our other programmes as our Admissions Team and BSL Team consider the applications together and make decisions from there. Fingers crossed for you :crossedf:

Thanks
    UG Admissions Team, School of Management and Languages
    Thank you for your reply. It's good to the know the process behind making offers and understandable how it will effect and lengthen the decision process.

I am keeping everything crossed myself. 😀

Thanks again.

Anne.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by EllieC12345)
    Hey, I applied for Electronic and Electrical Engineering and I haven't heard back yet. I have heard from all the other universities I have applied to and am getting worried!
    Hi EllieC12345,

Apologies for the delay in getting your offer to you and I know that you are worried.

Just to explain what we do here at the university, we like to look at every application in detail (Personal Statement, Tutor Reference etc.) so it takes us a little more time. It is not a bad thing that you haven't heard anything yet.

I totally understand it is one of the most stressful decisions to make having gone through it myself just a few years ago. If you would like to speak directly to the admissions tutor just drop us an email [email protected]

Hope this helps and good luck for when the offer comes.

Cheers,
    Keir
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by ThatOldGuy)
    Do we have any updates on the Artificial Intelligence course?

It's probably the one I'm most excited about(But the one I'm least hopeful of getting in) so I'd love to hear that the decision has been made so I can concentrate my energies!
    Hi ThatOldGuy,

Still haven't heard... apologies. I would suggest dropping the admissions tutor an wee email [email protected]

Also keep your eye on track as I know that the admissions office have been really busy processing offers.

Cheers,
    Keir
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Molly227)
    Hi,

I am an EU student who applied for international business management in September. I have still not recieved an answer and Im starting to worry that its a bad sign.
    I was also wondering if its possible to enter the course the second year if you have done the exact same course at another university the first year?

My biggest dream is to study IBM at Heriot Watt!!
    Hi Molly227,

Sorry you haven't heard anything. This is a very competitive course so hang in there and keep your eye on track. Hopefully there will be a decision soon. Our official deadline is March 31st but I hope you will have a decision before then.

Cheers,
    Keir
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by shaunaskelton)
    Just received my offer woohoo!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Brilliant news!! :banana: Congrats!

Hope you enjoyed your time on campus and in Edinburgh yesterday and safe journey back home. I am still recovering from that horrible wind and my little slip!!

If you have anymore questions that didn't get answered please just get in touch!

Cheers,
    Keir
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by ashleymacleod)
    Just got an conditional for Psychology. So happy because this is my first offer and I was slowly losing my patience haha
    Brilliant! Congrats!! :banana:

I'm glad we got in before you lost all your patience.

If you have any questions just let us know.

Cheers,
    Keir

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 12, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.