Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Pothead)
    I think the email actually arrived like yesterday I just hadn't checked them, but yeah I guess ill see you there if you have one too
    Yeah see you there Harry Pothead You doing any prep for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zshn)
    Yeah see you there Harry Pothead You doing any prep for it?
    I don't think so, I don't really know what I could do and I did quite a lot for oxford so I should be ok, are you doing any?

ReputationRep:
    Also to other people on this forum don't worry about not getting interviews they take like forever

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so, I don't really know what I could do and I did quite a lot for oxford so I should be ok, are you doing any?
    Ahh did you get an offer from Oxford then? And Imperial's the only one uni that's actually needed a technical interview (Warwick, Southampton, Birmingham etc.) all just gave out offers. So I'm tempted to do some Maths problems and stuff before, sketch sin(x)/x and that kinda thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zshn)
    Ahh did you get an offer from Oxford then? And Imperial's the only one uni that's actually needed a technical interview (Warwick, Southampton, Birmingham etc.) all just gave out offers. So I'm tempted to do some Maths problems and stuff before, sketch sin(x)/x and that kinda thing
    Yeah I did but yeah that sounds like a good idea. I think I'm deffo going to revise over my personal statement because it might be awkward if they ask me about it and I don't know anything at the interview. I'm not super bothered about it though because imperial usually offer quite high so I dont think ill be firming, but good luck anyways.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did but yeah that sounds like a good idea. I think I'm deffo going to revise over my personal statement because it might be awkward if they ask me about it and I don't know anything at the interview. I'm not super bothered about it though because imperial usually offer quite high so I dont think ill be firming, but good luck anyways.
    Eyy, good for you! And yeah hahah, I mentioned a book in my personal statement that I read parts of years ago so reading up on that will help. See you on Wednesday, I'll be one of the prats in a suit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zshn)
    Eyy, good for you! And yeah hahah, I mentioned a book in my personal statement that I read parts of years ago so reading up on that will help. See you on Wednesday, I'll be one of the prats in a suit
    ahahahhaaah, I hope it goes well

ReputationRep:
    I did put it in my personal statement and thanks, I just hope I can get an interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to Wednesday, good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    I just read all the replies in this thread :bebored:
    I then realised that most of the people who replied that they got an interview havent done computer science A Level.
    To rephrase - most of the people who did CompSci A-Levels did not post of getting an interview.
    Does this mean that Imperial has a less preference to people who do CompSci at A-Levels?
    Sorry if I am just sounding dumb! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do computer science a level and I still haven't got an interview
    I did chemistry, maths and further maths
    A*A*A respectively (Already Achieved)
    I haven't heard back from them, I'm fearing rejection
    Wbu, what a levels do/did you do?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Kinda off topic but is anyone going to the computer science taster day in June at Imperial? :bored:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Kinda off topic but is anyone going to the computer science taster day in June at Imperial? :bored:
    Haven't got an email about it, is it because I haven't firmed it yet or?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darshan98)
    I just read all the replies in this thread :bebored:
    I then realised that most of the people who replied that they got an interview havent done computer science A Level.
    To rephrase - most of the people who did CompSci A-Levels did not post of getting an interview.
    Does this mean that Imperial has a less preference to people who do CompSci at A-Levels?
    Sorry if I am just sounding dumb! :lol:
    That's quite an interesting observation
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rabadon)
    Haven't got an email about it, is it because I haven't firmed it yet or?
    If you have applied for it, you should've got an e-mail titled "taster courses" which shows a table showing the taster course(s) you applied to. For the Computer Science at Imperial one (depends which taster course you applied to) it said "We will let you know the outcome of your application within 5 working days after Wednesday 20 January 2016."

ReputationRep:
    If you have applied for it, you should've got an e-mail titled "taster courses" which shows a table showing the taster course(s) you applied to. For the Computer Science at Imperial one (depends which taster course you applied to) it said "We will let you know the outcome of your application within 5 working days after Wednesday 20 January 2016."
    I got an offer already though so I guess it's different? Interesting that you were given a date to hear a decision by though
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I got an offer already though so I guess it's different? Interesting that you were given a date to hear a decision by though
    Maybe you're thinking of a different course? I applied and got into the same Computer Science taster course last year and it was the same system.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you're thinking of a different course? I applied and got into the same Computer Science taster course last year and it was the same system.
    Is it a taster day for offer holders or just prospective applicants? I don't really understand lmao
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Is it a taster day for offer holders or just prospective applicants? I don't really understand lmao
    Prospective applicants

ReputationRep:
    Prospective applicants
    ah I see, I thought it was for offer holders of something. haha enjoy it

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.