x Turn on thread page Beta

[2016] Fastest and slowest offer senders watch

Announcements
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    I think she meant the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ooooh, oops :mmm: misreading things is always so awkward...I'll go edit it now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _i_i_l_i_i_)
    oh wow lmao, guess I can stop checking tbh.
    I know how you feel, I've applied for Law and waiting for my first offer is hell when everyone around me is receiving their second or third

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackFletch)
    Anyone got an offer from Birmingham yet?
    I got an email today saying my application had been transfered to an admissions tutor, but no offer yet (its been a week since UCAS recieved my application)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackFletch)
    Anyone got an offer from Birmingham yet?
    They said they made offers in January and February at the open day last week. I wouldn't worry about bham till then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V.Puzzled)
    Okay let me see if I got this straight You get the 8 week email, then the "we are close to making a decision" email, and then an offer/rejection?
    The 8 week is the "we are close" one. Then you get the decision, but it can be any time after that one is sent, though likely a Thursday (don't ask why-just how it is)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    Well done on getting into UCLan! What is your firm choice?
    Thanks
    Im not 100% sure on my firm but im leaning towards Bangor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    hoping to get mine actually sent off soon my referee is taking long,paid for the form and stuff now im just waiting on them

applying to do psychology at :

Loughborough
    UEA
    Essex
    Liverpool
    Portsmouth
    I'm also applying to do Psychology at UEA, Loughborough and Liverpool! out of all your choices, which is your top?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ambergraver)
    I'm also applying to do Psychology at UEA, Loughborough and Liverpool! out of all your choices, which is your top?
    loughborough(maybe UEA tops it since ive been there)

idk about liverpool tho...

ReputationRep:
    loughborough(maybe UEA tops it since ive been there)

idk about liverpool tho...
    Loughborough is also my top ahh! loved it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ambergraver)
    Loughborough is also my top ahh! loved it!
    what are your choices? have you sent your ucas off?

ReputationRep:
    UCL is the slowest ever if you submit your application after the Oxbridge closing date. I submitted November and heard back the end of January/February :eek:

ReputationRep:
    what are your choices? have you sent your ucas off?

nooooo ! not yet - i've done a draft of my personal statement and need to show it to my checker and then they will start to write a reference, my choices right now are; Loughborough, UEA, Sheffield, Liverpool and then Edge Hill for my insurance aha

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything from King's. I've got an acknowledgement and a login but nothing else

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I submitted my application for Law on October 5th, it took 10 days to get a Kent offer (AAB), and I got another offer yesterday from Reading (AAA), so those are pretty quick Anybody else got Law offers yet? I'm still waiting on Oxford, Exeter and King's I've had a few messages from King's regarding my LNAT and scholarship application stuff, no decision yet though Anyone??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _i_i_l_i_i_)
    oh wow lmao, guess I can stop checking tbh.
    Where did you apply for Law? I got a Kent offer after 10 days and a Reading offer after 15 days (yesterday)

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I've applied for MChem/ MChem with placement year at: York, Reading, UEA, Loughborough and Queen Mary. I sent my application on Thursday 15th October. I had acknowledgement emails within the following two days. I've had interview invitations from York and Reading and a conditional offer from Loughborough, I was so surprised at how quickly they replied. Still waiting for UEA and Queen Mary.
    Good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WaywardWriter)
    Anyone heard anything from King's. I've got an acknowledgement and a login but nothing else

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've just had an offer from King's for Philosophy, exactly a week after my application was sent off.

Idk if it's relevant, but my offer came through the King's myApplication thing first, whilst UCAS still hasn't updated, so if you're not yet registered on the website I'd do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WaywardWriter)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got an offer from King's two days ago. What subject are you doing? Perhaps the offer time depends on the subject you chose.

ReputationRep:
    Loughborough are incredibly quick. They said they received my application at 4:35pm today, got an offer at 9:28pm today :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peppercrunch)
    Loughborough are incredibly quick. They said they received my application at 4:35pm today, got an offer at 9:28pm today :P
    lol,unexpectedly, they work in the evening !

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.