Turn on thread page Beta

Law Offers for 2016? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kafxxx)
    what grades did you apply to LSE with, if you don't mind me asking?
    I'm taking the IB and I was predicted 38 points with HLs being 7,6,6 have you applied to LSE as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saule1116)
    Hi everyone.
    So I have applied to law and my UCAS was sent off by my centre a while ago. All my universities are currently considering my application.

I was just wondering if anybody's already got an interview/offer for law. If so, would you mind sharing with which uni and when did you send off your UCAS?

Thanks.
    Hi! I applied for Law at Newcastle, Sheffield, Liverpool, Northumbria and Nottingham Trent last Friday and got offers this week from Newcastle, Liverpool and Northumbria

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ALEH1997)
    I'm applying for Law with AAB predictions, does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should apply/where I'll be likely to get offers from. I've done my UCAS and personal statement, I'm just hanging around with the choices. Any help?
    Liverpool, Exeter, Hull, Northumbria, Nottingham Trent (this off the top of my head but there will be loads more!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyyk)
    I also received an offer from QMUL on 2nd November after sending my UCAS on the 23rd October, I wouldn't worry too much about AS grades as mine were not the best as long as you were predicted A*AA I'm sure they'll give you an offe
    Congratulations!
    Ah, I sent mine on the 13th of October and they still haven't gotten back to me

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know if any universities take UCAS points into consideration?
    I'm predicted 648 but none of my choices even asked.
    Most of the Uni ratings tables quote average UCAS points much lower which in theory might be an advantage if anybody actually used them.

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the their LNAT? i found mine way harder than the online practice papers????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by galatasaray1905)
    I'm taking the IB and I was predicted 38 points with HLs being 7,6,6 have you applied to LSE as well?
    Ive applied to LSE with 38 points as well, do you think they will be put off with a 3 in German B or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crocface)
    Anybody know if any universities take UCAS points into consideration?
    I'm predicted 648 but none of my choices even asked.
    Most of the Uni ratings tables quote average UCAS points much lower which in theory might be an advantage if anybody actually used them.
    No consideration is given to UCAS points at the top unis. Unless you're studying some obscure course the unis have never heard of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pythian)
    Really? Did you receive an offer?

I'm in a different boat as I completed a Cert. of HE in Legal Methods @ Birkbeck. It's a level 4 qualification which is higher than A-levels (A-levels are level 3) and I got a distinction. I've asked them (along with all my other unis) if they're happy to consider my application? And they said yes on the condition that I receive a distinction.

I think it's a bit different if you're a "mature" applicant.
    I didn't apply for Warick, but I know that pretty much everyone who's applied has got an offer of some sort.

Good luck to you, I'm sure you'll hear back from them soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucybalmforth)
    Hi! I applied for Law at Newcastle, Sheffield, Liverpool, Northumbria and Nottingham Trent last Friday and got offers this week from Newcastle, Liverpool and Northumbria
    Wonderful news! Do you know which one would be your firm choice (if you got offers from all of them)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannaParker)
    How did everyone find the their LNAT? i found mine way harder than the online practice papers????
    Yeah I found the MCQs much harder on the actual thing, but I had 3 very nice essay topics so that section was fine. It's down to the luck of the draw really -- just be glad it's over though, I know I am!

(Original post by galatasaray1905)
    anyone that receives/received offers from KCL, Bristol, LSE, and UCL please let me know! its only been three days since I have applied, but i am still freaking out
    I'm fairly certain for LSE + UCL the earliest is in January (I believe this may extend to KCL but I don't have any experience there)*. My friends who are currently at Bristol for Law told me hat they took a very long time reply last year; essentially the latest they could before the deadline, and it was the same for my Bristol English offer last year as well. Might just have to sit on your hands for a while I'm afraid :~)

*Though I'm not 100% on this, more like 85%.

ReputationRep:
    can anyone offer me advise? I've applied for

UCL, KCL, Newcastle, East Anglia and Queens Belfast and My GCSEs are considerably low, with only 5as however I have 3 as and a B at AS. My dream is to get to either UCL or KCL but judging by the other comments here it seems unlikely. Concerned now:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ddogi)
    Woop UEA offer Law with American Law AAB with B EPQ
    Omg congrats thats literally my dream course! If you don't mind me asking, what were your GCSE and AS Grades? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by williee12)
    Ive applied to LSE with 38 points as well, do you think they will be put off with a 3 in German B or not?
    is it you SL or HL class? if it is SL, then you must be exceeding their requirements. In this case, they will consider your application for sure. Then it is left to you class choices, Personal Statement, and letter of recommendations. How do you feel about those?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seeunexttuesday)
    Yeah I found the MCQs much harder on the actual thing, but I had 3 very nice essay topics so that section was fine. It's down to the luck of the draw really -- just be glad it's over though, I know I am!

I'm fairly certain for LSE + UCL the earliest is in January (I believe this may extend to KCL but I don't have any experience there)*. My friends who are currently at Bristol for Law told me hat they took a very long time reply last year; essentially the latest they could before the deadline, and it was the same for my Bristol English offer last year as well. Might just have to sit on your hands for a while I'm afraid :~)

*Though I'm not 100% on this, more like 85%.
    omg hahaha i can't wait that long. but thanks

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional offer for Law from Leicester!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cewhite)
    I got an unconditional offer for Law from Leicester!
    Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    Sent my UCAS on wednesday 13th for Law.
    Wed 13th - Greenwich
    Thursday 14th - Kent and UEA
    Friday 15th - Got offered an interview for York

Just waiting on Brighton now, my lowest entry so hopefully will get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    Got another offer from manchester today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannaParker)
    Got another offer from manchester today!
    do you mind telling the details of your application/offer? I applied too!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.