Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

German woman evicted from home to make way for refugees watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Well yes, which is why I asked whether you "Still believe this crap?" (applies now, as you did then)
    My point is, at the time, it was more true than it is now

For someone who appears relatively well informed and has experienced difficult sexual circumstances herself I'd expect you to understand a bit more about the psychology of predatory behaviour (than the quoted comment implies)
    Oh I misunderstood, I thought you misunderstood me and thought it was a 'you're an immigrant' thing (which, ironically, I currently am, albeit only a temporary migrant) than sexual
    It's less like that in Europe though, especially in somewhere like Berlin. If I'd been wandering round the streets speaking English at the top of my voice and looking obviously lost, yeah, maybe. But given Berlin's highly multicultural population, especially Turks, it's less so here. Imo it was nothing to do with the fact I'm slightly brown and more to do with the fact that scumbags will be scumbags and target women generally (otherwise surely street harassment would be 1. more race-related - I've never had a race-related comment - and 2. experienced/reported by white women a lot less often than it is). Generally speaking in Europe, you make yourself vulnerable by looking lost and by making it obvious that you aren't native. Given I speak German fairly fluently and know the area where I live like the back of my hand, and that it's highly possible that, looking at me, I'm second gen Turkish descent and therefore a German citizen, it's probs just scummy men deciding to tell me about their probably tiny penises.

Ruthless German efficiency ftw!

:train2: :cute: :dry: :yawn: :sleep: :coma:
    Yes... I'll remember that next time I'm commuting through the snow for my 8 am lec (so Monday)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Where do you live?

My German relatives in Munich are pissed off.
    Well apparently I never answered this :P Berlin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    From the article:
    "In the case highlighted yesterday, around 5,000 asylum seekers have been crammed into old US military bases in Giessen, western Germany.
    A letter addressed to the Minister of Integration and Social Affairs in the state of Hesse, where the centre is based, from four women’s organisations described a ‘culture of rape and violence’.The letter, written on August 18, stated: ‘It is a fact that women and children are unprotected. This situation is opportune to those men who already regard women as their inferior and treat unaccompanied women as “fair game”.
    'As a consequence, there are reports of numerous rapes, sexual assaults and increasingly of forced prostitution. These are not isolated incidents.’ "

Do you really want these "people" in Europe?
    I said that on 23-10-2015 00:26.

It's impossible to say we didn't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abruiseonthesky)
    My point is, at the time, it was more true than it is now
    I get that, but you still haven't answered my Q

I thought you misunderstood me and thought it was a 'you're an immigrant' thing (which, ironically, I currently am, albeit only a temporary migrant) than sexual
    I did mean that you cannot possibly rule out the possibility that you may have been targeted partially on the basis of 'the other', and was implying that sexual offences (as you will no doubt be aware) often relate to anger, prejudice, and control and a desire to oppress/subjugate

I've never had a race-related comment
    Lucky you

it's highly possible that, looking at me, I'm second gen Turkish descent and therefore a German citizen
    Very few white Europeans actually believe that just because members of ethnic minorities have a piece of paper saying they are 'citizens' means that they somehow stop becoming 'the other'. See politics of identity and our previous exchanges e.g. in relation to the proposition that I could be 'Nigerian' for reference

Yes... I'll remember that next time I'm commuting through the snow for my 8 am lec (so Monday)
    Jolly good

ReputationRep:
    I get that, but you still haven't answered my Q
    I think a lot of Germans have gone the complete other way due to emotions (which isn't necessarily great but I get)

I did mean that you cannot possibly rule out the possibility that you may have been targeted partially on the basis of 'the other', and was implying that sexual offences (as you will no doubt be aware) often relate to anger, prejudice, and control and a desire to oppress/subjugate
    I thought you literally meant it as a purely race thing though, sorry
    I agree, although tbh I think it's pretty unlikely to be high up on the list of reasons given that it was street harassment

Lucky you
    Well, never a negative one, anyway. My ex went on about how great my skin colour was, I think he liked it

Very few white Europeans actually believe that just because members of ethnic minorities have a piece of paper saying they are 'citizens' means that they somehow stop becoming 'the other'. See politics of identity and our previous exchanges e.g. in relation to the proposition that I could be 'Nigerian' for reference
    But very few believe that second gen (i.e. children of immigrants who were born in their country of residents) aren't. A lot of Germans ask me if I'm of Turkish descent (and once Persian), implying they're guessing I'm not an immigrant myself

Jolly good
    I still maintain it's inhumane...

ReputationRep:
    I think a lot of Germans have gone the complete other way due to emotions (which isn't necessarily great but I get)
    Correctamundo, and I was right to warn of these malevolent trends e.g. division and predation effecting a souring of inter-cultural relations, wasn't I

I thought you literally meant it as a purely race thing though
    No no

I think it's pretty unlikely to be high up on the list of reasons given that it was street harassment
    I dunno, that's not how queen-bee feels about some of the street harassment she's experienced in London, of all places, and after the relatively minor Charlie Hebdo attacks, for example (she's half Syrian)

My ex went on about how great my skin colour was, I think he liked it
    Plenty of people appreciate the exotic/a bit of colour and vibrancy. I myself am not immune e.g. very fond of queen-bee and the girl I dated the most in 2015 is an Indian third-culture kid

Does that mean I am happy about mass inter-civilisational immigration, and would never under any circumstances attack (verbally or otherwise) pariah groups in the (perceived) absence of effective leadership/law and order/protection of 'us'? Nope. The capacity exists within virtually all of us, if we are pushed too far. The only key differences are our thresholds of tolerance, personal experiences of 'them', and, in the case of predatory behaviour, the influence of our 'personal demons'

But very few believe that second gen (i.e. children of immigrants who were born in their country of residents) aren't
    It's not as simple as that. You'll find: A) Most 'indigenous' Europeans do not, honestly, believe that a 2nd gen minority member is as European/whatever their nationality is as they are; B) Most such people are not, honestly, content for an anti-social 2nd gen minority member to remain in their locality/would be happy to see them deported

If the socioeconomic impact of minority communities imposed upon our lands (without any Democratic mandate in the vast majority of instances) continues to worsen and the Crony capitalist elites lose the power to suppress the truth (via their political/media elite puppets and controlling the PC environment) then, unfortunately, the game will be up for these people in relevant parts of Europe as the tolerance thresholds of the indigenous people will be surpassed. Western Imperialism lost this hearts and minds battle in India, and Democracy and the people won out. The same will happen to Eastern Islamism (and possibly idealistic multiculturalism) in Europe, mark my words

A lot of Germans ask me if I'm of Turkish descent (and once Persian), implying they're guessing I'm not an immigrant myself
    In certain parts of trendy metro Berlin, where people pathetically clamber over each other to distance themselves from the Nazis, that may be a safe assumption. Elsewhere, it definitely ain't. You're well informed enough to know that the large amount of Turks in Germany have not, historically, been roundly welcomed

I still maintain it's inhumane...
    I'd write to the UN if I were you, serious bizzle!

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what the Nazis would have to say about all this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Biologically I agree but different groups congregate and hold different values. Until our species gets past its national, ethnic and cultural division, I'd rather have those that I deem 'one of us'.
    What you really mean by this is until 'us' takes over the world. I'm not saying that is inherently bad, there are definitely values that are deeply routed in modern western culture that could do with being spread over the globe. But you have got to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Correctamundo, and I was right to warn of these malevolent trends e.g. division and predation effecting a souring of inter-cultural relations, wasn't I
    Would you like a gold star and a pat on the head?

I dunno, that's not how queen-bee feels about some of the street harassment she's experienced in London, of all places, and after the relatively minor Charlie Hebdo attacks, for example (she's half Syrian)
    S'pose that's the nature of personal experience though innit

Plenty of people appreciate the exotic/a bit of colour and vibrancy. I myself am not immune e.g. very fond of queen-bee and the girl I dated the most in 2015 is an Indian third-culture kid
    Exotic lol I get that a lot. Current bae likes it too. Yous lot are predictable

Does that mean I am happy about mass inter-civilisational immigration, and would never under any circumstances attack (verbally or otherwise) pariah groups in the (perceived) absence of effective leadership/law and order/protection of 'us'? Nope. The capacity exists within virtually all of us, if we are pushed too far. The only key differences are our thresholds of tolerance, personal experiences of 'them', and, in the case of predatory behaviour, the influence of our 'personal demons'
    Violence in self-defence (or defence of another) = acceptable; in other circumstances = unacceptable in my mind
    Not sure I'd call sexual crimes the result of 'personal demons' but I getcha

It's not as simple as that. You'll find: A) Most 'indigenous' Europeans do not, honestly, believe that a 2nd gen minority member is as European/whatever their nationality is as they are; B) Most such people are not, honestly, content for an anti-social 2nd gen minority member to remain in their locality/would be happy to see them deported
    Again, personal experience innit. Maybe it's because I'm half white by blood that I've had different experiences to kids of 2 foreign parents but idk

In certain parts of trendy metro Berlin, where people pathetically clamber over each other to distance themselves from the Nazis, that may be a safe assumption. Elsewhere, it definitely ain't. You're well informed enough to know that the large amount of Turks in Germany have not, historically, been roundly welcomed
    I wouldn't call it pathetic to want to distance yourselves from the Nazis but okay
    It's a difficult issue, made more complex by the German insistence on Ordnung in every area of life and therefore division of 'economic migrant' into further categories (literally so German). In the big cities, especially in the east, it is that way. Maybe not so much in the smaller towns and villages but having gone to a western tiny town and stayed there a while I was fine, just depends innit

I'd write to the UN if I were you, serious bizzle!
    Yenno what else is outrageous, I got my cartilage pierced today and I was charged 30€. 30€. What's that about?! All they did was stab my ear. My nose in the UK was £12 inc. jewellery what are you doing Germany

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    What you really mean by this is until 'us' takes over the world. I'm not saying that is inherently bad, there are definitely values that are deeply routed in modern western culture that could do with being spread over the globe. But you have got to be honest.
    As i have stated many times, i am a liberal imperialist. When it comes to Africa and the Muslim world, i would conquer them and hem them in to as small an area as possible while settling the taken land. The new single African and Arab states (2 of them) would then see religion removed and western values brought. The Orient and South America i'd leave to it.

ReputationRep:
    Would you like a gold star and a pat on the head?
    Nope, just some admission that I wasn’t just spouting and actually understood/understand the situation, and likely ramifications, pretty well, and wasn’t just going off on one e.g. out of ignorance/ideological zeal

S'pose that's the nature of personal experience though innit
    Life is like a box of chocolates

Exotic lol I get that a lot. Current bae likes it too. Yous lot are predictable
    That’s racist..

Violence in self-defence (or defence of another) = acceptable; in other circumstances = unacceptable in my mind
    Agreed, hence I personally wouldn’t turn to vigilantism unless I felt that the safety/security of our people (including and especially relatively vulnerable members of society e.g. children/female would-be sexual assault victims) demanded it. Just as my forbears stood up and fought barbarous, misogynistic fascism in the first half of the 20th century, when others failed, I am prepared to stand up and fight barbarous, misogynistic fascism in the first half of the 21st century, when others fail

Not sure I'd call sexual crimes the result of 'personal demons' but I getcha
    You’re unaware of a correlation between sexual offending and histories of mental illness/abuse etc?

Maybe it's because I'm half white by blood that I've had different experiences to kids of 2 foreign parents
    In some senses yes, but in most not so different, I should think. Regardless, you ought to be aware that our core psychology, and how members of society truly feel – especially in times of tension/fear/distrust, is a world away from the sum of what the particular class of young people will tell you to your face

I wouldn't call it pathetic to want to distance yourselves from the Nazis
    Was that deliberate misquoting, or were you in a rush? I said “clambering over each other” e.g. desperate to distance themselves, 70 years on, and at great potential (and, it transpires, increasingly, actual) cost to their country in terms of cohesion/stability – that’s the pathetic part. It’s like the post-colonial guilt complex in the UK, which feeds into themes like refusal to accept white/male victimhood, reverse racism, and race hate crimes perpetrated by minority groups, truly pathetic

Maybe not so much in the smaller towns and villages but having gone to a western tiny town and stayed there a while I was fine, just depends innit
    Sure it depends, but the general theme is one of somewhat muted/quiet (repressed), yet rising, widespread discontent

I got my cartilage pierced today .. What's that about?!
    How the **** should I know? You tell me.. you big hippy :mmm:

My nose in the UK was £12 inc. jewellery what are you doing Germany
    Methinks you should write to Merkel. Tell her to get some more immigrant labour in to drive down prices

(Original post by Rakas21)
    Africa and the Muslim world, I would conquer and hem them in to as small an area as possible while settling the taken land
    Wait, what!? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Nope, just some admission that I wasn’t just spouting and actually understood/understand the situation, and likely ramifications, pretty well, and wasn’t just going off on one e.g. out of ignorance/ideological zeal
    Gold star it is

Life is like a box of chocolates
    Sainsbury's ones are the best. The babes make vegan ones for low prices

That’s racist..
    #banter

Agreed, hence I personally wouldn’t turn to vigilantism unless I felt that the safety/security of our people (including and especially relatively vulnerable members of society e.g. children/female would-be sexual assault victims) demanded it. Just as my forbears stood up and fought barbarous, misogynistic fascism in the first half of the 20th century, when others failed, I am prepared to stand up and fight barbarous, misogynistic fascism in the first half of the 21st century, when others fail
    I do it too. Probably a lot less safe for me to be doing so but hey

You’re unaware of a correlation between sexual offending and histories of mental illness/abuse etc?
    No, but I also don't think it applies to every single man (or woman) who's ever committed a sexual offence

In some senses yes, but in most not so different, I should think. Regardless, you ought to be aware that our core psychology, and how members of society truly feel – especially in times of tension/fear/distrust, is a world away from the sum of what the particular class of young people will tell you to your face
    It's cool, my key demographic is liberal young people

Was that deliberate misquoting, or were you in a rush? I said “clambering over each other” e.g. desperate to distance themselves, 70 years on, and at great cost to their country in terms of cohesion/stability – that’s the pathetic part. It’s like the post-colonial guilt complex in the UK, which feeds into themes like refusal to accept white/male victimhood, reverse racism, and race hate crimes perpetrated by minority groups, truly pathetic
    I think I was tired (story of my life). Eh I think we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one

How the **** should I know? You tell me.. you big hippy :mmm:
    I used to mock hippies. Then I realised the other day... I am one. Except I wear all black.

Methinks you should write to Merkel. Tell her to get some more immigrant labour in to drive down prices
    My nose was done by a native Brit, I'll have you know

ReputationRep:
    Gold star it is
    Thank you kindly:hat2:

Sainsbury's ones are the best. The babes make vegan ones for low prices
    Vegan food is for hippies/hipsters :hippie:

#banter
    Never use that word again in my presence :naughty:

I do it too. Probably a lot less safe for me to be doing so but hey
    You’re a vigilante!? :shock:

I also don't think it applies to every single man (or woman) who's ever committed a sexual offence
    We can certainly agree on that, although there are other elements (fairly all encompassing, when added to the above) that one may reasonably characterise as demonstrative of having ‘demons’ to contend with e.g. rape culture~sexism, OTT control/power fetishes etc

It's cool, my key demographic is liberal young people
    Hence, closeted idealist

I think I was tired (story of my life)
    I forgive you

I think we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one
    You’re free to surrender at any time, my child. I’ll be a humble/merciful ‘victor’

I used to mock hippies. Then I realised the other day... I am one. Except I wear all black
    A Hippygoth? Like a Visigoth only moderately more civilised :holmes:

My nose was done by a native Brit, I'll have you know
    Hope they didn’t skive off halfway through :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Vegan food is for hippies/hipsters :hippie:
    Or, you know, vegans

Never use that word again in my presence :naughty:
    Aw but you're #megabants

You’re a vigilante!? :shock:
    I've been known to throw a punch if someone's groping me

You’re free to surrender at any time, my child. I’ll be a humble/merciful ‘victor’
    I value the distraction

A Hippygoth? Like a Visigoth only moderately more civilised :holmes:
    Moderately?!

Hope they didn’t skive off halfway through :erm:
    Surprisingly they got the needle in and out

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.