Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Meritocracy vs Positive Discrimination watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)

Reducing women to the extent of being walking wombs and not as autonomous beings is, I would say as dangerous as any 'feminist' liberalisation to the family unit.
    I didn't say that. Read my post again and try again. Also, what is capitalism? Define it before you 'blame' a concept. And no... I want social stigma, not the state to ban things. Don't assume my position.

Blunt response because I am ill and because you have to seriously rethink your arguments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wave of Wisdom)
    I didn't say that. Read my post again and try again. Also, what is capitalism? Define it before you 'blame' a concept. And no... I want social stigma, not the state to ban things. Don't assume my position.

Blunt response because I am ill and because you have to seriously rethink your arguments.
    Sorry to hear that you're ill , and got the late reply!

What is capitalism? Obviously it's quite complex but it's an economic system based on rational choice, a monetary system and a market based economy. I don't hear you defining cultural Marxism or liberalism every time you denounce it as generally such understanding is a given. Never mind.

Disagree that social stigma will have any effect- people have no shame. Even if it did, you want a society based on essentially rumour, gossip and bullying?

You said that women are our most valuable resource- now I'm actually pretty far from the current militant feminist crowd (as are incidentally most women) but I don't think that that is correct.

I don't want people to have children because of duty or because of financial considerations or societal pressure or any other reason- I want people who genuinely want to have children (and will accept the sacrifices that this entails) to have children.

Have to work now but will get round to commenting on your other points later

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that you're ill , and got the late reply!

What is capitalism? Obviously it's quite complex but it's an economic system based on rational choice, a monetary system and a market based economy. I don't hear you defining cultural Marxism or liberalism every time you denounce it as generally such understanding is a given. Never mind.

Disagree that social stigma will have any effect- people have no shame. Even if it did, you want a society based on essentially rumour, gossip and bullying?

You said that women are our most valuable resource- now I'm actually pretty far from the current militant feminist crowd (as are incidentally most women) but I don't think that that is correct.

I don't want people to have children because of duty or because of financial considerations or societal pressure or any other reason- I want people who genuinely want to have children (and will accept the sacrifices that this entails) to have children.

Have to work now but will get round to commenting on your other points later
    Would you like to link me to the last post where I blamed all our woes on Cultural Marxism?

I think it's amusing that me claiming women to be our most valuable resource isn't a feminist thing to say. But seriously: without women there would be no children. Correct, they aren't solely designed for making babies, as evidence that some don't even have a single child. However, they are exclusively the carriers of babies. So, you are wrong to suggest "we're all just humans". Our biology is different, but compliments each other. When we say "people aren't having as many babies" what we actually mean is "women are having less babies". This is irrefutable, unless you wish to suggest men can incubate foetuses.

Social stigma has worked for years. It's why you get things like "slut shaming" and "fat shaming", etc. except without the leftist language. Women who sleep around are attacked by women more so than men because it lowers their own sexual value and damages family life and their community. Fat people take up more resources and are less strong/more lethargic. There are reasons for all stigma in society, but people will rarely tell you the real reason. For example, not many people will tell you outright they won't have a mixed-race child because they want their child to look like they do.

So you blame our selfishness on our economy and markets. We have had markets for thousands of years, you realise? We have only recently had women's suffrage. Although, I never claimed they weren't autonomous beings. That's just you trying to interpret my words and put a leftist spin on it.

Now read my last 3 posts and get back to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wave of Wisdom)
    Would you like to link me to the last post where I blamed all our woes on Cultural Marxism?I think it's amusing that me claiming women to be our most valuable resource isn't a feminist thing to say. But seriously: without women there would be no children. Correct, they aren't solely designed for making babies, as evidence that some don't even have a single child. However, they are exclusively the carriers of babies. So, you are wrong to suggest "we're all just humans". Our biology is different, but compliments each other. When we say "people aren't having as many babies" what we actually mean is "women are having less babies". This is irrefutable, unless you wish to suggest men can incubate foetuses.Social stigma has worked for years. It's why you get things like "slut shaming" and "fat shaming", etc. except without the leftist language. Women who sleep around are attacked by women more so than men because it lowers their own sexual value and damages family life and their community. Fat people take up more resources and are less strong/more lethargic. There are reasons for all stigma in society, but people will rarely tell you the real reason. For example, not many people will tell you outright they won't have a mixed-race child because they want their child to look like they do.So you blame our selfishness on our economy and markets. We have had markets for thousands of years, you realise? We have only recently had women's suffrage. Although, I never claimed they weren't autonomous beings. That's just you trying to interpret my words and put a leftist spin on it.Now read my last 3 posts and get back to me.
    Although I am a fan of yours I only read your posts specifically addressed to me- as I've already posted exactly what I mean by capitalism on another thread I assume you do the same with me- but this is getting silly now-

Given the earths population is growing phenomenally it would appear that women on the whole are having more babies- if we really want to preserve our lifestyle and heritage we need to stop this trend internationally. Whilst we of course need women to survive as a species I do not believe the earth can support our global population at this rate and that relying on spiritual doctrine to suppress our natural urges is failing terribly- Africans need a whole lot less religion and more contraception.

When has Social stigma worked? People damn volunteer to be on benefit street and the Jeremy Kyle show. Even when being gay was illegal and massively taboo people were still engaging in sodomy.

As for mixed race parentage- I fail to see where you are going with this- maybe they also don't find other races attractive? maybe people want to see their loved partner in their kids? One of my kids looks like a clone of me the other looks far more like his mother- and I love both of them equally - honestly! Additionally it doesn't explain why men are just as likely as women to seek a partner from a different race.

Lastly- we've had markets For ages yes- what we haven't had is this essentially partisan economic system on a supposedly non hierarchical society- so for instance in feudral times a peasant would remain a peasant regardless so it would not matter what economic system was in place.

Secondly we've never had it to such an all encompassing scale before where we can find very little that remains untouched by the market. Ultimately I think the market is wrong because it clouds our judgement on what we really want/ need.

Liberal democracy is certainly far greater than feudral societies and is indeed a neccessary transition- but it is a means to a higher end not one in itself.

ReputationRep:
    Although I am a fan of yours I only read your posts specifically addressed to me- as I've already posted exactly what I mean by capitalism on another thread I assume you do the same with me- but this is getting silly now-

Given the earths population is growing phenomenally it would appear that women on the whole are having more babies- if we really want to preserve our lifestyle and heritage we need to stop this trend internationally. Whilst we of course need women to survive as a species I do not believe the earth can support our global population at this rate and that relying on spiritual doctrine to suppress our natural urges is failing terribly- Africans need a whole lot less religion and more contraception.

When has Social stigma worked? People damn volunteer to be on benefit street and the Jeremy Kyle show. Even when being gay was illegal and massively taboo people were still engaging in sodomy.

As for mixed race parentage- I fail to see where you are going with this- maybe they also don't find other races attractive? maybe people want to see their loved partner in their kids? One of my kids looks like a clone of me the other looks far more like his mother- and I love both of them equally - honestly! Additionally it doesn't explain why men are just as likely as women to seek a partner from a different race.

Lastly- we've had markets For ages yes- what we haven't had is this essentially partisan economic system on a supposedly non hierarchical society- so for instance in feudral times a peasant would remain a peasant regardless so it would not matter what economic system was in place.

Secondly we've never had it to such an all encompassing scale before where we can find very little that remains untouched by the market. Ultimately I think the market is wrong because it clouds our judgement on what we really want/ need.

Liberal democracy is certainly far greater than feudral societies and is indeed a neccessary transition- but it is a means to a higher end not one in itself.
    Population growth mainly comes from poverty and to a lesser extent culture.

Hence why European population hasn't grown without migration in a long time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Positive discrimination is quite disagreeable.

1. England is naturally white and it breeds disdain with the targets of the positive discrimination.
    2. It suggests people will be biased towards their own race so do a worse job.
    3. England is overpopulated, if immigrants come here they shouldn't expect to be given a job they don't deserve.
    4. There have been cases of fast tracked tokens in public services like the police force to make the service look good on paper when it weakens the unit as a whole.

ReputationRep:
    If we had a meritocracy we wouldn't need positive discrimination.
    We don't have a meritocracy, not at all so therefore we still need it.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing hate positive discrimination, its an excuse for companies to be directly racist to white men, this causes more racial and gender hatred.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.