:laugh: When two different opinions butt heads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    This thread took a strange turn.
    Who else but ADELEGEND?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    :laugh: When two different opinions butt heads
    *when certain people have decided to go completely off topic and no-one reports

ReputationRep:
    In this case it's very much is. Popularity is a factor, sales/popularity would be a fair basis. Also age, EDM isn't old, or rather it's boom isn't that old, I think it boomed between '10-'12. I'll give you an example, just because statistic project A doesn't mean A happens or will happen. When you plan to go about something, those on the ground will give you truth. I know I'm very much not alone in this - thinking it's growing xD

I'm far much ready for that dictionary.
    If you look at the stats, the 'growth' for EDM in the past five years were:

2010: 8.74m
    2011: 10.05m
    2012: 8.7m
    2013: 7.11m
    2014: 5.26m

Poor thing. Once again showing how 21 has eclipsed the EDM genre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    *when certain people have decided to go completely off topic and no-one reports
    Why don't you report me yourself? There was always the option to not reply, so please, don't pin the entire blame on me.

ReputationRep:
    Over 10 million views and 600000/6000 likes/dislikes. 90 #1s.

25 is No 1 in 88 countries, despite it being just a pre-order and it's 5 Seconds of Summer/Carrie Underwood week.

She does have a very large fan base (especially since it grew after Skyfall) and the song is heavily advertised, so its to be expected.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you report me yourself? There was always the option to not reply, so please, don't pin the entire blame on me.
    I want to get that hit thread and be as successful as the Legend is.

ReputationRep:
    Who else but ADELEGEND?
    This the first time of me hesrimg this to be fair. It sounds like Adele and John Legend combined.

ReputationRep:
    She does have a very large fan base (especially since it grew after Skyfall) and the song is heavily advertised, so its to be expected.
    Many people have attempted to argue that she doesn't have a fanbase and that everyone who bought 21 was just casual fans.

ReputationRep:
    This the first time of me hesrimg this to be fair. It sounds like Adele and John Legend combined.
    Have you at least heard of ADELEPHANT?

ReputationRep:
    If you look at the stats, the 'growth' for EDM in the past five years were:

2010: 8.74m
    2011: 10.05m
    2012: 8.7m
    2013: 7.11m
    2014: 5.26m

Poor thing. Once again showing how 21 has eclipsed the EDM genre.
    :laugh: I'm not sure you got my message that I don't give a damn about those statistics. I've told you someone who doesn't listen to it, won't see it. Please get that through you or this is pointless.

21... :laugh: I am not at all disappointed. I could name several songs 21 times better than whatever she could put on table. Now that's a matter of opinion. I'd love to teach you the difference

ReputationRep:
    Have you at least heard of ADELEPHANT?
    Nope. Surprise me.

ReputationRep:
    I want to get that hit thread and be as successful as the Legend is.
    What legend?

At least someone gets it.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Surprise me.
    Have you heard of the expression 'there's an elephant in the room and it's not me'?

ReputationRep:
    :laugh: I'm not sure you got my message that I don't give a damn about those statistics. I've told you someone who doesn't listen to it, won't see it. Please get that through you or this is pointless.

21... :laugh: I am not at all disappointed. I could name several songs 21 times better than whatever she could put on table. Now that's a matter of opinion. I'd love to teach you the difference
    Stay delusional then.

ReputationRep:
    What legend?

At least someone gets it.
    I try

ReputationRep:
    What legend?
    The one who's set to be No 1 on the global chart even with just 12 hours of sales.

ReputationRep:
    Stay delusional then.

I will, and I will have a damn good time being delusional

ReputationRep:
    The one who's set to be No 1 on the global chart even with just 12 hours of sales.
    I don't see what record was broken... I'm fine having a legend who made a full song in 6 hrs

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard of the expression 'there's an elephant in the room and it's not me'?
    Oh I see.

Has anyone not realised the dude in the video is from 90210? Is he actually her lover or god knows what?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.