Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

California girl looking for social hotspots in London watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yellow 03)
    Yes, Peckham is the worst!
    Just passing by it on the train, it looked pretty sketch. I was told it's a gang city:\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarrieLFR)
    Try Shoreditch or Camden! They're always pretty live on friday or saturday night
    Still have yet to see both those places. It was a bummer I didn't have time when I was there. All the more reason to go back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grvcex97)
    Still have yet to see both those places. It was a bummer I didn't have time when I was there. All the more reason to go back!
    Damn
    If you do come back, be sure to check out the Camden Lock market too. It's awesome

ReputationRep:
    are these areas expensive? lol
    Not necessarily, there are some very exclusive places there but these are few. Mostly there are loads of coffee shops, bars/pubs, restaurants, art stuff happening so you can take your pick. Even just walking in these areas in the evening after a night out you just meet people effortlessly. They attract a young and fun crowd.

Oh, Covent Garden is another area! (I hope you are taking notes, lol) St Martin's lane and Neal's Yard in Covent Garden is lovely and with loads of students.

PS.I can't believe someone suggested Edgware road, lol :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Just passing by it on the train, it looked pretty sketch. I was told it's a gang city:\
    Yeah, it's one of the worst areas of London. Definitely worse than Hackney.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarrieLFR)
    Damn
    If you do come back, be sure to check out the Camden Lock market too. It's awesome
    Camden market too, yes!

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily, there are some very exclusive places there but these are few. Mostly there are loads of coffee shops, bars/pubs, restaurants, art stuff happening so you can take your pick. Even just walking in these areas in the evening after a night out you just meet people effortlessly. They attract a young and fun crowd.

Oh, Covent Garden is another area! (I hope you are taking notes, lol) St Martin's lane and Neal's Yard in Covent Garden is lovely and with loads of students.

yes, taking notes and googling everything hahaha. why, what's wrong with Edgware Road? I'm starting to think some people are trying to endanger me lol

ReputationRep:
    where are you looking to study?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to study abroad in London soon and was wondering where the best places to socialize or just have a good evening out with friends are in the London area(:
    shepherds bush/white city is a great place!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dash52)
    where are you looking to study?
    UCL or King's

ReputationRep:
    UCL or King's
    I'm looking to study at UCL as well but the student satisfaction rates are quite low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dash52)
    I'm looking to study at UCL as well but the student satisfaction rates are quite low.
    Yeah, I'm torn between those two.. Oh really? Where can you look at that?

ReputationRep:

I used to frequent it a lot,it's in central London and close to Hyde park. It's good for restaurants and cafe and if you're into trying out middle eastern cuisine of course

ReputationRep:
    yes, taking notes and googling everything hahaha. why, what's wrong with Edgware Road? I'm starting to think some people are trying to endanger me lol
    Edgware rd is not dangerous but has a very ghetto feel to it - it is a big focal point for the Muslim population in London so all places there are centred around muslim and Asian culture (shops, halal food etc.) There's nothing wrong with that of course, but unless you have that specific interest or background it's not that exciting or interesting.

ReputationRep:
    I know a few guys. PM me so I can link it to you.

ReputationRep:
    I recommend UCL, my brother studied there for like 8 years and loved it.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...ables/rankings

ReputationRep:
    Edgware rd is not dangerous but has a very ghetto feel to it - it is a big focal point for the Muslim population in London so all places there are centred around muslim and Asian culture (shops, halal food etc.) There's nothing wrong with that of course, but unless you have that specific interest or background it's not that exciting or interesting.
    shut up

ReputationRep:
    Peckham/ Brixton lovely sociable areas :h:

ReputationRep:
    thanks! So I see it's mainly the teaching quality and facilities are not satisfying:\

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.