Jess Glynn > Beyoncé imho

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True 👐

ReputationRep:
    1. I don't like rap music.
    2. I don't like text speak.
    3. I don't like sports.
    4. I don't like dogs.
    6. I like Windows Phone better than Apple and Android.
    7. I believe that Astrology is interesting and meaningful.
    8. I believe in MBTI and personality testing.
    9. I believe that character and intelligence are heritable from one's parents to an extent, but that natural tendencies can usually be overcome given a good enough environment.
    10. I prefer movies that are formatted to fit the screen over the ones that appear squished/letterboxed on an HDTV. I don't care if it's getting "more of the movie" or "closer to the director's vision", I don't pay for an HD set just to squint at squished characters because some idiot director made the movie too wide to look good outside of theatres.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by jeremy1988)
    10. I prefer movies that are formatted to fit the screen over the ones that appear squished/letterboxed on an HDTV. I don't care if it's getting "more of the movie" or "closer to the director's vision", I don't pay for an HD set just to squint at squished characters because some idiot director made the movie too wide to look good outside of theatres.
    Agreed on this.

With #10, it just looks strange on a widescreen TV.

ReputationRep:
    jesus was a ******

(Original post by jeremy1988)
    3. I don't like sports.
    4. I don't like dogs.
    Agreed. +1

The other five things though...

ReputationRep:
    9/11 Inside Job
    Lee Rigby - Hoax
    Diana - Inside job
    EDL/Islam4 UK - all actors
    US Politics is a puppet show
    Israel is the thiefdom of the Rothschild dynasty
    Obviously UK youth would be far more healthier, successful and happier under Islam/Sharia

ReputationRep:
    Frozen was a horrible movie.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd bang Katie Hopkins

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by selfteaching)
    9/11 was an inside job, now I'm not some crazy conspiracy theorist, but very rational and I've put in the research, anyone who thinks otherwise i'd advise them to check out the scientific evidence of 9/11 and the testaments of scientists/engineers/experts in their respective fields

rapists/pedophiles should be castrated- surgical, chemical any, (now i'm not sure what the female equivalent would be but I equally frown upon either gender,) then there is no risk of reoffending once they are released after their short ass sentences because the UK legal system is way too soft and lenient, people do more time for tax fraud or money related crimes than sex crimes (if they even are convicted,) which is preposterous.
    That's actually not true. If you look at the psychology of some impotent sex offenders and murderers they don't necessarily need to engage themselves in physical sexual activity. In some cases stabbing a victim can act as a surrogate for sexual penetration, and that is what they get off on. In short, taking away their previous route of assault won't stop the urge to assault.

Basically what you propose solves nothing other than quelling your anger and need for revenge. In reality we need to rehabilitate criminals who can be rehabilitated and keep those who can't out of society. Anything short of that is plain silly.

ReputationRep:
    Elitism should be eliminated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shostakovish)
    Elitism should be elimated
    Spoiler:
    Show
    WORTH NOTING?: My parents claim I am going through a 'communist phase'
    My parents said the same thing 5 years ago.

Long phase.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shostakovish)
    Elitism should be eliminated.
    How do you eliminate elitism?

ReputationRep:
    9/11 was a terrorist attack carried out by Al Qaeda, and was not a US government "inside job".

I thought this was a pretty popular opinion, until I saw the number of conspiracy theorists that have appeared in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    That's actually not true. If you look at the psychology of some impotent sex offenders and murderers they don't necessarily need to engage themselves in physical sexual activity. In some cases stabbing a victim can act as a surrogate for sexual penetration, and that is what they get off on. In short, taking away their previous route of assault won't stop the urge to assault.

Basically what you propose solves nothing other than quelling your anger and need for revenge. In reality we need to rehabilitate criminals who can be rehabilitated and keep those who can't out of society. Anything short of that is plain silly.
    that's a fair point, i enjoy hearing other views : ) yes you're right sometimes they resort to other methods of "release" but i think just having those sexual thoughts towards children doesn't act as a precursor towards murder (unless of course the criminal in question has both raped and murdered in the past.) as i said in another response it would be a sort of last resort for people who have reoffended after being released after supposed rehabilitation or for those who voluntarily want it.

I've read up on it a lot and though there's no overall consensus in the scientific community, many believe their brains are wired differently in that it is almost like a sexual orientation whereby you can't help what you find attractive, so if this is the case and they can't simply turn off this preference (after efforts to rehabilitate,) then i would stand by some form of castration which may act as some sort of prevention against rape, even if it isn't infallible, if it stops protects potential victims then it should happen regardless of human rights. Another point is that not all criminals want to be rehabilitated or make a genuine effort to change, now if the legal system could keep those sorts of people locked away from the general public for a lifetime, then fair enough. my issue is that they are often given lenient sentences and released far too early. Perhaps to save taxpayer money, in extreme cases, the death penalty should return (for those who want no redemption and are unwavering in their beliefs, i'm not saying kill any old criminal.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by selfteaching)
    that's a fair point, i enjoy hearing other views : ) yes you're right sometimes they resort to other methods of "release" but i think just having those sexual thoughts towards children doesn't act as a precursor towards murder (unless of course the criminal in question has both raped and murdered in the past.) as i said in another response it would be a sort of last resort for people who have reoffended after being released after supposed rehabilitation or for those who voluntarily want it.

I've read up on it a lot and though there's no overall consensus in the scientific community, many believe their brains are wired differently in that it is almost like a sexual orientation whereby you can't help what you find attractive, so if this is the case and they can't simply turn off this preference (after efforts to rehabilitate,) then i would stand by some form of castration which may act as some sort of prevention against rape, even if it isn't infallible, if it stops protects potential victims then it should happen regardless of human rights. Another point is that not all criminals want to be rehabilitated or make a genuine effort to change, now if the legal system could keep those sorts of people locked away from the general public for a lifetime, then fair enough. my issue is that they are often given lenient sentences and released far too early. Perhaps to save taxpayer money, in extreme cases, the death penalty should return (for those who want no redemption and are unwavering in their beliefs, i'm not saying kill any old criminal.)
    But that was my point, castration would not necessarily prevent further victims. It would just likely lead to a different form of assault. Especially depending on the type of castration used. Chemical can be more effective at preventing sexual urges, though it does not prevent violent urges. However it is also extremely costly, most likely more so than just keeping them in prison and they have to constantly be given the treatment, it also has many side effects including mental health problems...which are not a great side effect for someone who already had mental health problems to begin with. Physical castration is less effective and again does not reduce violence.

ReputationRep:
    i don't agree with transgender
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I love the Anonymous hacker group and I support everything they do.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.