The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews 2016 Postgraduate Students

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, I applied last week for an MSc in Computer Science. I was wondering, how long did it take for you to hear back from them?

Cheers!
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by JackLaRana
Hey guys, I applied last week for an MSc in Computer Science. I was wondering, how long did it take for you to hear back from them?

Cheers!

St.Andrews was the second last one for me to hear back from. It took them around 2 months as far as I can remember. Some people hear back from them within 2 weeks so it might depend on the department .. not sure.
Good luck to you :smile: !
Reply 122

Cheers!

I applied for an MSc in HCI and I heard back in 2 weeks. But I'd applied back in Feb.

Good luck with your application! :smile:
Thanks for your replies!

In the end, I got my offer today. It took just a week!
Reply 124
Thanks for your replies!

In the end, I got my offer today. It took just a week!

Congratulations! Have you accepted? I'll be on MSc Human-Computer Interaction!
Original post by HCI
Congratulations! Have you accepted? I'll be on MSc Human-Computer Interaction!

Cool! I applied for the MSc in Networks and Distributed Systems.

I have to figure out when I will graduate, which can be in July or in October. I don't know if this can be an issue, so I e-mailed them about it before accepting the offer.

Where did you do your undergraduate degree?
Reply 126
Cool! I applied for the MSc in Networks and Distributed Systems.

I have to figure out when I will graduate, which can be in July or in October. I don't know if this can be an issue, so I e-mailed them about it before accepting the offer.

Where did you do your undergraduate degree?

I did it at the University of Plymouth. Where did you do yours?
I spent my first and second year at Sapienza University of Rome, and my last year as an exchange student at the University of Leicester.

Have you ever been to Scotland? Is the weather such a shocking experience? :-)
Reply 128
I spent my first and second year at Sapienza University of Rome, and my last year as an exchange student at the University of Leicester.

Have you ever been to Scotland? Is the weather such a shocking experience? :-)

I have been to Scotland many times, and it's not that much different from the rest of the UK :smile:
Reply 129
Hi all! :smile: Just received an offer for MSc Networks and Distributed Systems here, looking forward to meet you all in September!
Reply 130
Original post by EricKTC
Hi all! :smile: Just received an offer for MSc Networks and Distributed Systems here, looking forward to meet you all in September!

Welcome! Great to see so many computer science related students! Where are you from and where did you do your undergraduate degree? :smile:
Reply 131
Original post by HCI
Welcome! Great to see so many computer science related students! Where are you from and where did you do your undergraduate degree? :smile:

Thanks! Hong Kong born UK student here, currently finishing up the last bits of my Computing degree at UWE Bristol :smile: Almost there!
Reply 132
Original post by EricKTC
Thanks! Hong Kong born UK student here, currently finishing up the last bits of my Computing degree at UWE Bristol :smile: Almost there!

So cool~ I am a student from Hong Kong too. Nice to meet you.
Reply 133
Original post by bigfrog
So cool~ I am a student from Hong Kong too. Nice to meet you.

Very nice to meet you too! Are you currently studying in the UK? And which programme will you be on at St. Andrews? :smile:
Reply 134
Original post by EricKTC
Very nice to meet you too! Are you currently studying in the UK? And which programme will you be on at St. Andrews? :smile:

no, I am still in hong kong right now. My degree is in history department. :wink:
Reply 135
Hey all,

I got my place on the MSc Computing and IT, which has a few modules in common with the other Comp sci post-grad courses. Sure to meet you all soon!
Slightly nervous as although I have a physics BSc, I've never programmed (formally) before.

Looking forward to diving in at the deep end...
Reply 136
I got an offer for a MLitt in Philosophy this week! :smile:
I'm currently a student in the Netherlands but already went to St Andrews as an exchange student last semester and had an amazing time there, so am very happy to return for a full year.

For anyone still waiting for an offer - it turns out I did not receive the email with their decision at first, because they are having an issue with hotmail accounts. So if you gave them a hotmail account, be aware your offer may not come through (not as spam either).
Reply 137
Yay, more of us. Congratz. :badger:
Did anyone on here receive some further information from the university? Maybe someting about the first week etc., ..
Reply 139
Original post by BlueberryB
Did anyone on here receive some further information from the university? Maybe someting about the first week etc., ..

I received an email a while ago asking me to go through the steps on this link: http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/newpgtaught/

It includes setting up your computer account and getting your ID card ready for when you start.

It appears that most of the things we need to do are under the "Online Matriculation" section which is not open until the 23rd of August.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending