Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joer400)
    I was told that there was thousands of applicants for the NON Cognate QS scheme, and there were only 7 people in my assesment day last week. But, I finally got the call I been waiting for yesterday and have been offered the job. So, turnaround was a week and 1 day (6 Working days) ... I also received a conformation email immediately after.
    Hi mate,

Congratulations on your offer!! I was just curious to know about the assessment centre, and you don't have to go into full detail if you wish. In terms of the Group task, was it anything to do with the London Underground as a task? When you mentioned the writing task, how long was the task and what are they looking for specifically? In terms of the competency questions, were they the same or similar to the video interview? and finally, did you have an ability test or numerical test to do on the day and what time did you complete the assessment and any recommendations on material to read in preparation for the assessment centre, thanks

Fatso

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting a bit anxious about the prospect of the video interview and AC - never done anything like it before and really don't like not knowing what to expect! I was wondering if someone could tell me, is the video interview set up like a Skype session or is it one where you are given a question and then have to record and submit a response in an allotted time? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    anyone heard anything about AC for the finance gradscheme. Got an email saying I’ve passed the video interview at the end ofNovember. Haven’t head anything since. Any ideas what’s going on?

ReputationRep:
    Hey did anyone hear back form the Commercial Procurement Assessment Centre?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christine_14)
    I'm getting a bit anxious about the prospect of the video interview and AC - never done anything like it before and really don't like not knowing what to expect! I was wondering if someone could tell me, is the video interview set up like a Skype session or is it one where you are given a question and then have to record and submit a response in an allotted time? Thanks!
    It's not like Skype. They give you a question, then you get some time (about 30 seconds) to think about it, before it starts recording you. And when you're done, you move onto the next question, etc. It's really well explained when you come to do it

ReputationRep:
    In order to get onto the Finance AC you also need to pass the technical interview. I think I had the 1st interview back in October, and then had the technical interview in December. I was just invited to the AC held on the 29th.

ReputationRep:
    What technical interview. I haven't done one yet. I've only done the 2 assessments at the start of the process and video interview. I have passed all of those but haven't yet come across a technical interview.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm waiting to hear about this too. After you did the video interview did you get another email? I haven't yet... and I'm assuming they'd send a rejection one if we didn't get any further in the process?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edinn)
    Hey, I'm waiting to hear about this too. After you did the video interview did you get another email? I haven't yet... and I'm assuming they'd send a rejection one if we didn't get any further in the process?
    I got a email saying I've passed the video interview and havent heard anything back since. Got that email end of November. Been waiting ages for a reply

ReputationRep:
    HI THERE! could you please tell me the video interview questions that you was asked? mine is very soon and i need all the help i can get. this is the first time im having a video interview. help and tips very much appreciated. thanks!

FOR PROJECT MANAGEMENT***

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends which scheme you are going for. Only few, like Finance have the second interview after the video interview, which will determine if you get to the assessment centre. But it was just a very short telephone interview with only 3 questions I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edinn)
    Generally at that point, emails are bad, phone calls are good. After my video interview, they called me and invited me to the AC. They will send you a rejection email, but it sometimes takes a while.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all.

I've applied for the Project Management scheme. I had my video interview a couple of weeks ago and tfl called me the following day to say I'd passed through to the next stage, but as the next assessment center (21st Jan) was full I'd be a reserve candidate. Obviously no one or not enough people dropped out so I wasn't called up but does anyone know if there is another assessment center coming up? I called tfl up and was told everyone was busy so they'd call or email me back but no one has gotten back to me.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musclemania)
    HI THERE! could you please tell me the video interview questions that you was asked? mine is very soon and i need all the help i can get. this is the first time im having a video interview. help and tips very much appreciated. thanks!

FOR PROJECT MANAGEMENT***
    I can't remember the exact questions but they were pretty standard employment questions like why tfl? Why PM? Can you tell us about a time you had to work as a team etc..

The video interview is a little strange and it's the first automated one I'd done. You get a chance to do some practice questions before which definitely help.

ReputationRep:
    So turns out that 1) the "Completed" status of your profile on the application portal does not mean anything, so don't worry if it says that and 2) there is definitely an assessment center for the general management program on February 3rd. Does anyone have any advice or tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelissaJuniper)
    Done my situational test, passed and got through to numerical tests. Anxious! How quickly do they process the results?
    hi,
    how was your situational strength test..?
    how many question did they ask you and do you remember anything .could you please give an idea.
    thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    I did gain an offer from TFL (for transport planning) and although I didn't take up the offer I can help you guys with the general process
    hi,how was your situational strength test..?how many question did they ask you and do you remember anything .could you please give an idea.thanks.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by svsk)
    hi,how was your situational strength test..?how many question did they ask you and do you remember anything .could you please give an idea.thanks.
    I can't remember the exact amount of questions (I did it late 2014!) but I'd recommend going with your gut instinct when answering the scenarios

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've recieved an email today that im in the running for the assessment centre for transport planning year in industry scheme. What should i expect from the assessment centre and what questions in the interview stage especially?

Thanks!

(Original post by Slowbro93)
    I did gain an offer from TFL (for transport planning) and although I didn't take up the offer I can help you guys with the general process

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how long they usually take to get back with offers and rejections after the assessment centre? I had my PM one yesterday and was told up to 4 weeks but I'm guessing they'd be quicker for offers, its only been a day but the suspense of not knowing is killing me.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.