Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Today we finally got our business results!
    Wednesday
    • In computing we did more on the controlled assessment. I did a lot of preparation on the evidencing side because after a little bit I couldn't remember the code I had written
    • In chemistry we did an experiment to do with acids and alkalis
    • In maths we did loads of extremely fast paced work. I think it has set in that we missed a load of the scheme of work to do stats so we're going double pace (at least).
    • In PE we finally had our options lesson! After I had handed in my form lol
    Thursday
    • In biology we had an external observer in. We redid the experiment that we did last Friday (and it still didn't work lol) but there were loads of people away so it was at least quite quiet
    • In ECDL we worked on the next lesson. Reckoning the final exam will be WB 6th/13th June
    • In English we did the next confusing poem in the anthology
    • In physics the teacher gave us back our books and he had stuck in all the sheets we used over the last couple of lessons and used up my book lol so I got a new one On almost everyone else's book he had stuck stickers with target grades on the front because they had new books so I'm glad I hadn't finished my book as I could make it neat (yes, I know, I'm fussy)
    • In business we spent almost the entire lesson improving our tests. I got 62/64 and the 2 marks I did lose was on the last question which we then barely went through so I didn't have much to do. At the end we started a new topic which we're going to continue on Tuesday.
    To do:
    • Maths homework
    • Maths coursework
    • Business notes and revision
    • RE revision (supposed to do 1-1.5 hours a week now)
    • History notes and revision
    • Stats notes and revision
    • Science notes
    • Computing programming
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yesterday our maths teacher decided he's had enough of having the mocks in his house so he marked them :dancing::grin::happy2::party: I got 87.5/100 which is an A* (more :party:) If any sane person had marked it I would have got 88 (even the teacher admitted that) but after more than 12 hours marking he was feeling fussy lol. I'm not that bothered tbh. 76 was an A*, 60 was an A and 44 was a B. The teacher kept complaining that not everybody had got over 80% so when he saw the grade boundaries he was shocked lol.
    In other news, my mum has booked a surprise theatre trip this afternoon. I'm very cross because I planned to do all my controlled assessment for stats, my English homework, probably my maths homework and some revision and now that will have to be done early next week If I get a bad grade in my coursework then I'm not going to be impressed with her as she was fully aware that it needed doing this weekend.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Lemur14)
    Yesterday our maths teacher decided he's had enough of having the mocks in his house so he marked them :dancing::grin::happy2::party: I got 87.5/100 which is an A* (more :party:) If any sane person had marked it I would have got 88 (even the teacher admitted that) but after more than 12 hours marking he was feeling fussy lol. I'm not that bothered tbh. 76 was an A*, 60 was an A and 44 was a B. The teacher kept complaining that not everybody had got over 80% so when he saw the grade boundaries he was shocked lol.
    In other news, my mum has booked a surprise theatre trip this afternoon. I'm very cross because I planned to do all my controlled assessment for stats, my English homework, probably my maths homework and some revision and now that will have to be done early next week If I get a bad grade in my coursework then I'm not going to be impressed with her as she was fully aware that it needed doing this weekend.
    A* in the Maths mock exam for the 9-1 spec? Wow, congrats!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by JTran38)
    A* in the Maths mock exam for the 9-1 spec? Wow, congrats!
    No it was the stats so wasn't 9-1 thankfully.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    No it was the stats so wasn't 9-1 thankfully.
    Ah. I'm doing a French past paper for listening atm in preparation for my mocks.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Ah. I'm doing a French past paper for listening atm in preparation for my mocks.
    Good luck! I'm being shouted at for not being ready 20 minutes before we have to go out I don't want to go!! (has silent tantrum)
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Good luck! I'm being shouted at for not being ready 20 minutes before we have to go out I don't want to go!! (has silent tantrum)
    Soz mate ...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Soz mate ...
    nothing you've done! Just me not wanting to go and get ready then sit in my coat for 20 minutes as it's not time to go yet!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    nothing you've done! Just me not wanting to go and get ready then sit in my coat for 20 minutes as it's not time to go yet!
    looooooool ... I'm having an afternoon full of revision, hopefully it'll pay off.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    looooooool ... I'm having an afternoon full of revision, hopefully it'll pay off.
    Good luck with that. You definitely deserve good grades with all the work you put in.
    I'm gonna have to pretend to play on my laptop upstairs tomorrow afternoon and do work instead. I think my parents did less work in year 10 than I want to do as work doesn't seem to take priority at all
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I've managed to do quite a lot of relatively secret work this afternoon
    I've done some mock analysis for my stats and my IT homework which I forgot was due tomorrow. I've also this weekend managed to do a fair number of Gojimo quizzes which I've generally been performing well in (though they are multiple choice so they are a bit easier than most)
    The extremely bad news is that my computer has randomly deleted a folder and its contents. And it had to be the folder that had the most up to date version of my controlled assessment! Spent about an hour trying to recover it and after I had managed to find some of it my dad came and started messing around with it and then it deleted loads more including all the back ups so I have to start again apart from the small copy I have at school
    I've found my best hour to work is about 8-9:30 so I'm going to try and capitalize on that.
    Tomorrow I need to do my English homework and my controlled assessment for stats and then my homework is up to date (I think) and I can go back to revision and programming
    Attached Images

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Monday
    • Computing- I think I managed to write all the code I had written at home before my computer deleted it. Almost up to date with the evidencing as well Haven't done my design of solution (3x loads of work worth a total of 9 marks between them) but have done my solution development and started my test table (need to do test table evidence)
    • ECDL was another lesson working through a scenario (which we now have to finish for homework )
    • Chemistry we did an experiment. We had to do neutralisation of a substance. Unfortunately the substance started at pH between 7 and 8 so it wasn't very exciting adding a few drops of HCl
    • PE we did basketball. We did well apart from against the popular extremely sporty but not top set girls (as they play tonnes of netball and we don't)
    Tuesday
    • History we started the black people civil rights in 1950s unit of USA land of freedom
    • In business we did 3 lessons in 1 because we have the mock next week and are doing an actual past paper so need to know everything in it.
    • In English we did paragraphing. I'm not quite sure how they think we got to year 10 without knowing how to do paragraphs.
    To do:
    • Maths homework(due Weds oops I'm not gonna finish that but oh well)
    • Maths coursework (due Fri)
    • ECDL scenario
    • Chemistry homework (x2)
    • History research (due Fri)
    • Business notes and revision
    • RE revision (supposed to do 1-1.5 hours a week now)
    • History notes and revision
    • Stats notes and revision
    • Science notes
    • Computing programming
    For obvious reasons they haven't told us the year of the past paper we're doing in business but I'm a bit worried that I might do the one we end up doing. Will have to risk it though as past papers are the best revision for business.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I wrote an update yesterday but either it has disappeared into cyber space or I got distracted before I posted it (though there was no option to restore saved reply which is odd seeing as I definitely wrote it).
    Wednesday
    • Electronics- we finished the practical and got sent some homework for Monday
    • English- we got informed we have an unseen poetry mock on Monday - well I suppose that's one way of everything being completely unseen!
    • Physics- we did atomic structure
    • Maths- we went through really fast how to work out the key characteristics of a quadratic for each type of quadratic.
    Thursday
    • Maths - we went through a much easier method of graphing vertex form quadratics and got set a load of homework on it due Tuesday. We had SLT in the lesson for the last 10 minutes when he was setting it and it was really tempting to pull him out on the fact the homework was off timetable but I didn't seeing as it will take about 5 minutes (assuming they don't get more complicated)
    • Physics- we did radioactive decay. It was surprisingly interesting for what it sounded like to begin with.
    • Chemistry- we made ammonia in preparation for the report we have been set for work when we are on Academic Progress Day next week.
    • RE- We finally got our mocks back! I got 46/76 (oops that was a disaster and a half I thought it went a lot better than that). 46/76 according to the school is a C3. I came back and looked up the unit and the year on the AQA website and it is a B3. I'm happy with a B so I'm gonna ignore the school saying I got a C because I didn't (smug face because loads of other people will think they got lower than they did and I know what I actually got)
    • Business- we finished A292 ready for our mock on Tuesday. I plan to do a past paper or two over the weekend.
    To do (before we break up next Tuesday):
    • I need to get my report and evaluation done by about 5:30 so I can send it for feedback
    • Electronics homework
    • Maths homework
    • Business revision/past paper
    • English revision
    To do (over the holidays):
    • Computing programming
    • ECDL scenario homework
    • Chemistry homework
    • Revision/Notes/both for history, stats, RE, sciences and business
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Coursework finished and printed! Just have to write the evaluation and conclusion tomorrow!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Ok, I completed my coursework yesterday (Only took about an hour and 15 to write up!)
    I've done my electronics homework
    I've done the next piece of maths homework (I think our teacher must have been told off for not setting enough homework as we've had 5 in 2 weeks plus our coursework which any other teacher would have said counted as several homeworks because it was going to take so long)
    I've been given a load of paperwork about work experience.
    I've made my brother do his homework (this is difficult)
    I've woken my dad up at 3:30 because he thought it was about 13:00 and still wasn't up
    I've gone shopping for smart clothes for work experience
    I've printed off a past paper to do for business.

I think I can count that as quite productive
    I'm about to do the business paper and then tomorrow I will try and do my ECDL and possibly some computing.

Oh and we've received our Academic Progress Day work and I have 25 questions of easy maths and some science which won't take long, on top of the 2 hours coding and the report we've been asked to write for chemistry.
    Apparently we're doing our ISAs next term so I'm going to have a look into that over Easter.
    Wish me luck for the business paper!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Ok, I think I got about 47/60 on the business paper which is an A. I deliberately marked it extremely harshly but I did find it quite difficult to mark because, particularly for the 6 markers (which there was 3 of! so worth 30% of the paper) the mark scheme was quite vague and said 'any other reasonable response' which isn't terribly helpful. I've written a list of things to do and I hope to do another paper or two on Monday (though of course this will increase the likelihood of doing the same paper as we do in class which isn't ideal either). I also plan to do a load of 6 markers when I can just to get practiced at them.

I'm going to do the maths homework for Academic Progress Day because I'm really not tired (probably because I got up too late) and it's something I can do quietly in my room.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Ok I haven't updated in a while as yesterday evening I had off and then today I just couldn't get started with anything (probably because I was too tired).
    Monday
    • electronics- we started the new topic- pic chip challenges. There's no box making this time so hopefully I should be able to get a higher grade (been stuck on a B for ages)
    • RE- continued going through our mocks
    • English- did the mock unseen poetry. It was quite difficult war poetry but I think I did the first 24 mark question alright although in the 8 mark comparison question I didn't get much done as there was very little time. I'm aiming for 15/24 and 4/8. I definitely know the 24 marker went better than the comparison as I got very little actual comparison in there- it was mostly just analysis. Hopefully it will be ok though as in AO2- what the marks are for in the comparison- it is all about analysis.
    • Biology- The lesson wasn't great. We were copying from the board as usual and people (mostly at the back of the classroom) were talking over her. She separated all of them to the side of the classroom so they sat there at the side of the classroom and talked instead. It also emerged that we are better with our chemical symbols than our teacher as she wouldn't believe us that some chemical had the symbol it did and so we looked it up and we were right lol. We also have had some confusion because she started setting homework and we said- it's not on the timetable and no one seems to know if homework was actually set in the end!
    On Monday evening I did another business past paper and only got 34/60 which was a C (and a new all time low for my business results). I knew before I marked it that it was dreadful because each exam is two topics and one of the topics we spent about 30 mins max covering and the other was generally difficult. There were also several key terms I'd never heard of in it and other things I hadn't heard of. It was just generally rubbish!
    Tuesday
    • History- continued with blacks and their treatment after the WWII plus the Brown case
    • Business- 30 minutes revision and then we did the exam. It was the 2015 one so I'm not sure which one we will do for mocks next year but it did mean I hadn't done it. I think it went quite well. Certainly no key terms I'd never heard of or anything like that which I'd had in the papers I'd done
    • Maths- we continued with quadratics and right at the end we had to sign off our coursework. We did get to see some of the marks but we won't get the final marks until after moderation tomorrow (our teacher promised to email us) so I won't reveal anything until I get that. We also got shouted at for starting our Progress Day work so I'm not doing any more of that as he doesn't want to see it (I'd done 1-20 already though)
    Today
    • Today we had Academic Progress Day. I didn't wake up until my mum got home from work so we could leave (oops) but we were there in plenty of time. We had to choose two targets and my form teacher was going on about a revision timetable which thankfully he was easily distracted by a new suggestion. I know I need a revision timetable but I find one in the way he was suggesting is counter productive as I find the time just gets eaten up with homework. So my targets are:
    • To improve my electronics grade (this should be good as it's always the box which brings my grade down and the next project has no box)
    • To improve my chemistry grade (this is more difficult as the teacher refuses to give anyone in our class a grade above a C before we have covered the whole syllabus (inc. C3) so it's nothing I can control (I have never got below a B grade in any of my exams inc. an A* and top of the class last year in the end of year test but she will not give anyone higher)
    • I didn't do the work I was meant to today as I was just feeling exhausted after it. Hence, I will try to do it tomorrow/ Friday so when I come back from holiday all I have to do is revision/notes
    To do:
    • Computing programming (APD work)
    • Chemistry report (APD work)
    • Chemistry leaflet
    • Revision/Notes/both for history, stats, RE, sciences and business
    I just realised I haven't updated about Friday but oh well. This post is long enough as it is!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Completed my computing coding for the traditional scenario Took about 4/5 hours today but it's been totally worth it. Now I just have to remember it in class!
    Tomorrow I'm going to try and do my chemistry report and if I have time my leaflet as well.
    Then my history notes are the most important as that is what I have a mock on.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Ran out of time to do an update before I went away this week!
    So this week I've been away- back late last night. I had a great time but I need to knuckle down this week to get all the work I want to do done.
    I'm gonna try and make everything organised today and perhaps do some history notes before starting properly tomorrow

Monday
    - I have my work experience interview at 11am. It will take about 45-50 minutes to get there assuming I don't get lost and I'll be going by bus. Bus leaves at 10:03 from about 5 minutes walk away so I will need to leave by 9:50 to ensure I get there on time. (I have no idea why I need to go to an interview after I got the placement)
    -I want to do a fair stab at my history section 2 notes and revise my section 3 notes
    -I need to do at least one piece of my chemistry work
    Tuesday
    -Complete history notes (hopefully)
    -Do the second piece of chemistry homework
    -Do my business homework
    Wednesday
    Now onto the proper revision
    -C2 notes
    -Revise history
    -Stats notes
    Thursday
    -Try and collect together as many religious teachings for RE as I can
    -History revision
    -P1 notes
    Friday
    -Anything which hasn't been done so far this week
    -P2 notes
    -Perhaps attempt some B1/B2 notes if I have any motivation left
    Saturday
    -History revision
    -Learn religious teachings
    -Detailed look at my computing code for Monday
    Sunday
    -Anything not yet completed
    -Organise everything ready for Monday
    Here's to a productive week!:cheers:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    This week really wasn't what I was hoping for
    I've only managed to get done bits out of Monday and Tuesday throughout the week
    So today (well this evening) I need to complete my business homework, my chemistry homeworks and my history notes. Then tomorrow I need to gather the religious teachings, read through my computing and complete the history revision I have to do before Tuesday.
    Hopefully the next few days are a lot more productive than the last few!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.