Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Worst pain you have experianced so far? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    OOh peak! I get migraines too. I cut the upper part of my middle finger close to the bone, it was literally dangling also its my second piece of nail as most of it was crushed and the Doc had to use pliers to take the rest stuck to the core out. Had to wear a bandage for 2 months. I was 4 and thought the chain on a bike was fascinating so i put my finger on it to feel it as i turned the pedal with my other hand. All I wanted to do was explore the wonders of the world, look where that got me; an awkward bump on my finger. LIFE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    I get this a lot. Trying to walk on it hurts like a ***** too.
    Used to happen when I was younger ALL the time. Was something I dreaded. Exercise solved it though I think... Though my right calf is for some reason, primed to painfully 'pop out' of my leg. Yay!

ReputationRep:
    Got kicked in the nuts once. Never again.

ReputationRep:
    I could say the time I dislocated my knee and fractured my patella was the most painful thing I've ever experienced but in all honesty I have definitely had period pain which has been worse...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keturah)
    Yes, it's unbearable.
    Ah when is the op?
    Hopefully December, fiddling with some tendons and nerves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ridingmyego)
    Hopefully December, fiddling with some tendons and nerves
    I will keep my fingers crossed for you . Think I'm having another op next year too.

ReputationRep:
    I caught my pinky on a buzzsaw before

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keturah)
    I will keep my fingers crossed for you . Think I'm having another op next year too.
    We should arrange to have it in the same hospital! Surely you'd rather I bore you to sleep rather than be put under anaesthetic? xD haha

ReputationRep:
    Probably taking a blast to the boys or falling and breaking my arm.

ReputationRep:
    Infatuation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Forcing myself through pizza after getting braces tightened

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    Getting hit in the balls.
    Surprised this is the first one xD This hurts badly. Got hit playing football... I couldn't move for like 10 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    i've been in emotional pain so bad that it translated into physical symptoms does that count?

ReputationRep:
    I suffered from stomach ulcers a few years back which was a nightmare. Any time I ate food the pain was excrutiating and would last for up to 2 hours at a time, thankfully I'm no longer suffering.

ReputationRep:
    not sure, maybe breaking my leg by falling of a ladder... or having a brick hit me on the head, that hurt...
    but the prize is when i 'dropped' a boulder on my foot (imagine a rock that weighs so much that four people cant lift it, luckily i was wearing safety boots so i still have two feet.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    How hard life can hit you.

ReputationRep:
    Dentist cutting through my teeth gums without giving me painkillers and stuffing strips in to suck out all the pus on top of gums inflammation and constant pain when strong painkillers keep wearing off every 2-3 hours and being close to overdosing it because the pain was enormous.

ReputationRep:
    - Concussion from fainting in a restaurant

- Dislocating knee whilst playing football in cold weather. Basically, my leg flopping about from shivering whist my knee was out of place. Friends laughing didn't help either, very painful experience.

ReputationRep:
    When I was 8. I was sitting on the school playground which was made of concrete and had my hand under my shoes. I went to quickly get up but my finger got caught under my shoe and scraped between it and the concrete. When I looked at my finger 70% of the skin had gone and it was bleeding heavily, **** like that belongs in Mortal Kombat not irl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parrot16)
    What is the worst pain you have ever been in so far? What did you do about it?
    The worst pain I have experienced was few days ago- I was woken up by an excruciating migraine so I started screaming in pain and rocking back and forth. My mum woke up and gave me some paracetamol which didn't even work- probably because I was throwing up. I was throwing up for 6 hours and was unable to keep anything down- Mum nearly called an ambulance because I was confused and dehydrated. I was dizzy, shaking and had the worst migraine of my life so far. But it passed after 6 hours- I was lucky it did or I would have probably die of dehydration. What is your story?
    As I kid I remember accidentally stapling my left hand middle finger :eek: That was painful.

As an adult I remember my knee popping during a manoeuvre called a "drop-knee". I hobbled home but my knee swelled up bad the following morning and went to A&E. They put me in a cast and gave me crutches. I literally couldn't put any weight on that leg! When I tried I felt my knee giving way and the pain coming rushing back :eek4:

Oh and once I accidentally cut my finger nail with a knife. That kinda stung every time it came into contact with water. That was a painful injury *shudders*. I literally couldn't do anything until the fingernail had grown back!!!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.