Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IfOnlyItWereEasy)
    You have about two months to complete it, so it's not that bad.
    Our question was along the lines of 'What is globalisation, with regards to one multi-national company of your choice explain its effects'

it was a bit longer than that, but you get the gist It was quite a nice, broad topic, and it is to introduce you to the uni's system of handing in essays, following the criteria of layout, and you're also given lectures in academic reading and referencing and stuff like that ^.^
    Doesn't sound tooo painful! How are you finding the course itself? Are you glad you chose it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerriieee9)
    Doesn't sound tooo painful! How are you finding the course itself? Are you glad you chose it?
    I like it to be honest I am more into the marketing side, and there isn't really much of that in first year. Also if you studied A-level business you will find that first year is a lot of repetition so that everyone is on a level playing field for second year. It might be slightly different for you but our core modules this year were

Economics for management - Introduction to economics really, first semester was mainly free markets and monopolies and stuff. I have never studied economics before, and it moves quite quickly, but it's not bad.

Organisational behaviour - Still not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing in that module, seem to have a lecture once in a blue moon and loads of seminars. If you've done about motivational theorists and job design (taylor and all that stuff) you know where I'm coming from.

Personal Tutorials for IB - this is sort of a mishmash of uni skills

Principles of IB- the basics of international business and sort of like the macro economic background to stuff

Global entrepreneurship- this just started this semester and we are the first year to do it, so who knows what's going on in that

You'll also have to pick like 20 credits of 'optional modules' from a list, then up to 20 credits of 'discovery modules' for a total of 100-120 credits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IfOnlyItWereEasy)
    I like it to be honest I am more into the marketing side, and there isn't really much of that in first year. Also if you studied A-level business you will find that first year is a lot of repetition so that everyone is on a level playing field for second year. It might be slightly different for you but our core modules this year were

Economics for management - Introduction to economics really, first semester was mainly free markets and monopolies and stuff. I have never studied economics before, and it moves quite quickly, but it's not bad.

Organisational behaviour - Still not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing in that module, seem to have a lecture once in a blue moon and loads of seminars. If you've done about motivational theorists and job design (taylor and all that stuff) you know where I'm coming from.

Personal Tutorials for IB - this is sort of a mishmash of uni skills

Principles of IB- the basics of international business and sort of like the macro economic background to stuff

Global entrepreneurship- this just started this semester and we are the first year to do it, so who knows what's going on in that

You'll also have to pick like 20 credits of 'optional modules' from a list, then up to 20 credits of 'discovery modules' for a total of 100-120 credits
    Wow, thank you for the detailed insight!! It's helped so much having someone who does the course tell me!! I didn't study it at A Level, but i thought this course would broaden my skill set in the future in terms of fields I can enter upon completion of my degree, so thank you so much!!!

ReputationRep:
    I've got my offer for law and Leeds is my first choice too! Just have to pick accommodation now but i have no idea which one to pick!

ReputationRep:
    Invited to the applicant day for CompSci on 5th march! Boom!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if you go to Leeds and it was your insurance choice do you still get the £2500 a year scholarship if you come from a low income family? I only ask as daughter has not made up her mind yet (if I were her it would be Leeds and a no brainer but it is her choice) - or do you only get the scholarship money if it is your firm - if she does go for the other uni as her firm she may miss her offer from them by 1 grade -(they don't accept general studies where as Leeds do ) and her psychology teacher said he couldn't jeopardise his integrity and predict her the B she needs for the other uni as she got a D at As so is predicting a C (even though she is re-sitting) I can't blame him ,I would do the same.

Leeds just seems to have so much more to offer all round - am not being a pushy or nosey parent here,but if it all goes belly up it will fall on my shoulders to sort it all out - and as a single parent I cannot help out financially in any way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minionmum)
    Does anyone know if you go to Leeds and it was your insurance choice do you still get the £2500 a year scholarship if you come from a low income family? I only ask as daughter has not made up her mind yet (if I were her it would be Leeds and a no brainer but it is her choice) - or do you only get the scholarship money if it is your firm - if she does go for the other uni as her firm she may miss her offer from them by 1 grade -(they don't accept general studies where as Leeds do ) and her psychology teacher said he couldn't jeopardise his integrity and predict her the B she needs for the other uni as she got a D at As so is predicting a C (even though she is re-sitting) I can't blame him ,I would do the same.

Leeds just seems to have so much more to offer all round - am not being a pushy or nosey parent here,but if it all goes belly up it will fall on my shoulders to sort it all out - and as a single parent I cannot help out financially in any way.
    As far as I am aware you receive it regardless of if you firm or not, as long as you are on a full time undergrad course and are from the UK or EU, and your household income is assessed under £42,600 a year ^.^

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think of Lyddon Hall for accommodation? I want to be in a place that's really lively and social and people are up for going out. So any other suggestions if not Lyddon hall. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle-Roxanne)
    Well done everyone!! I received a conditional offer in early November, they're asking for AAA which is what my predicted grades are. Im applying for history, soooooo excited Does anyone here actually already live in Leeds? If so what is it like?

Hey! I'm not at Leeds Uni, (firmed them for International History and Politics though!), but I live in Leeds currently and have access to the University for my history coursework. It's a great city for students with a great nightlife and cheap bars, drinks in the university union are also quite cheap which is good haha. There's also a range of shops in the city centre, with high street and designer brand stores close to vintage and 'quirky' stores.
    There's also really nice green areas too, like Hyde Park and Roundhay Park. Anything else just ask!

ReputationRep:
    The Facebook group if any of you want it. facebook.com/groups/1644971555767245/?fref=ts

ReputationRep:
    The Facebook group, feel free to join seems pretty cool. facebook.com/groups/1644971555767245/?fref=ts

ReputationRep:
    Hey,congratulations! I'm hoping to study Law at Leeds next year,what are your predicted grades and did you have to do an interview?

(Original post by Rachelsteel08)
    No I didn't get an email saying they got my application, whereas people applying for other courses at Leeds did, weird! It was a few weeks after applying I got my offer and its AAA😀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by terrimason23)
    I've got my offer for law and Leeds is my first choice too! Just have to pick accommodation now but i have no idea which one to pick!
    Congratulations! What are your predicted grades? I am hoping to study Law at the University of Leeds in 2017!

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed Leeds for English Literature! Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Any maths offer holders who have been to the visit afternoon? If so how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    I've just received my offer for Management with Marketing! anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Leeds today for Zoology, any other Biological Science applicants?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomC_97)
    Firmed Leeds today for Zoology, any other Biological Science applicants?
    Firmed Leeds for Biological Sciences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azurite)
    Firmed Leeds for Biological Sciences
    Awesome, hopefully ill see you in september 😊

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Leeds for Computer Science

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.