Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you agree with the death penalty? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do you agree with the death Penalty?
    #YES
    40.49%
    NEVER!
    59.51%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billydisco)
    I don't really want to live in a country where we collectively decide to kill our own civilians. It actually makes me sick.

Most paedophiles were abused as kids themselves. So how are they to blame for how they were nurtured?
    My dear Billy

You already do, you've heard of abortion, havn't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Are you in favour of abortion, O self righteous one?
    Guess i touched a nerve o meat eater

ReputationRep:
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Rather than blaming, judging, and condemning others, we have to SELF-investigate. Our job as humans is to perfect ourselves. In a perfect world there would be no murder, no destruction, no superiority, no violence, no justice. Absolute forgiveness is the only rational response to mistakes we've made unless we want to perpetuate the past

ReputationRep:
    Assault is not a severe crime the majority of people are guilth of it and it will even out over a life time. There are cheap ways to do death penalty auch intoxicating food in jail and putting domestors or anti freeze in the water and mixing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    Guess i touched a nerve o meat eater
    That's a yes then is it? How very inconsistent of you, a vegetarian that supports the murder of unborn humans for reasons other than life threatening complications. Really no different than supporting the death penalty.

ReputationRep:
    That's a yes then is it? How very inconsistent of you, a vegetarian that supports the murder of unborn humans for reasons other than life threatening complications. Really no different than supporting the death penalty.
    I didn't answer the question. You're just a savage meat-eater and you fail to accept the high likelihood that vegans are 100% against the death penalty, contrary to the position of meat eating savages. There is a correlation between meat-eating and tendency towards violence, pain, death and torture I think.

Truth hurts huh?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't answer the question. You're just a savage meat-eater and you fail to accept the high likelihood that vegans are 100% against the death penalty, contrary to the position of meat eating savages. There is a correlation between meat-eating and tendency towards violence, pain, death and torture I think.

Truth hurts huh?
    Do you have any evidence that all vegans are 100% against the death penalty? If not your claim is pointless.
    It's interesting to note that Hitler was a vegetarian and look at the atrocities he committed. Clearly your diet is not a good indicator of how violent you are or your moral tendencies.
    Even herbivores in the animal kingdom can be just as violent and aggressive as carnivores.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZZTop1)
    Assault is not a severe crime the majority of people are guilth of it and it will even out over a life time. There are cheap ways to do death penalty auch intoxicating food in jail and putting domestors or anti freeze in the water and mixing it
    I'm not saying it is severe but if you want to do 'murder for murder' why not make the sentence for assault being assaulted? Intoxicating just means it gets you drunk so that's not really going to kill anyone. What are domestors? You clearly have no understanding of criminal justice whatsoever, the more and more you say the more you sound like a 14 year old who'll hopefully grow out of these stupid opinions

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    I'm not saying it is severe but if you want to do 'murder for murder' why not make the sentence for assault being assaulted? Intoxicating just means it gets you drunk so that's not really going to kill anyone. What are domestors? You clearly have no understanding of criminal justice whatsoever, the more and more you say the more you sound like a 14 year old who'll hopefully grow out of these stupid opinions

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Death penalty should be brought back it will stop reoffenders i would also include immigrants who bring mass drugs in.nobody would ever know just put anti freeze in tere water in jail it will kill them getting rid of scum is the best ting to do our justice system is a joke and it is too liberal

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Our justice system is far from perfect. People are falsely accused and prosecuted somewhat frequently. Even with a death row style system like they have in the US new evidence can always come up. Setencing someone to life for a crime they didnt commit is deplorable but sentencing them to death is unforgivable.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any evidence that all vegans are 100% against the death penalty? If not your claim is pointless.
    It's interesting to note that Hitler was a vegetarian and look at the atrocities he committed. Clearly your diet is not a good indicator of how violent you are or your moral tendencies.
    Even herbivores in the animal kingdom can be just as violent and aggressive as carnivores.
    I'm a vegan, not vegetarian. Find me one psychopathic vegan. You are a savage meat-eater - You are just getting angry because you know there is some truth to what I say. .

ReputationRep:
    NO.

There are too many miscarriages of justice
    It is NOT cost effective, contrary to what many people think
    Revenge does not bring victims back from the dead
    It is not an effective deterrent
    Killing someone cannot be justified just because they are an evil person

ReputationRep:
    I'm a vegan, not vegetarian. Find me one psychopathic vegan. You are a savage meat-eater - You are just getting angry because you know there is some truth to what I say. .
    (I know you are trolling me but I'm playing along regardless)

Right then, no evidence?

There are no psychopathic vegans probably because they all are either dead or turned back to omnivores due to a lack of essential amino acids, trace minerals and vitamins. The vegan lifestyle is not sustainable for humans over long periods of time nor is our body designed for it. It's unnatural.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZZTop1)
    Death penalty should be brought back it will stop reoffenders i would also include immigrants who bring mass drugs in.nobody would ever know just put anti freeze in tere water in jail it will kill them getting rid of scum is the best ting to do our justice system is a joke and it is too liberal
    Well if you keep murders or the most serious rapists in jail for life that also prevents reoffending.

Haha yeah no one can tell if someone drinks anti-freeze. Your plan is so ridiculous and further evidence of your immaturity

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    I would hardly call that justice. It's still just petty revenge.
    It's more justified than than providing a murderer with shelter, three hot meals a day and video games

(Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    Also, I'm sure that the murderer would explain that their murder was just as justified as yours.
    Well clearly it wouldn't be as the murderer would have killed an innocent person whereas the death penalty gets rid of guilty people so clearly they are not equally justified.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tebr)
    Well clearly it wouldn't be as the murderer would have killed an innocent person whereas the death penalty gets rid of guilty people so clearly they are not equally justified.
    What if the murderer killed a murderer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (I know you are trolling me but I'm playing along regardless)

Right then, no evidence?

There are no psychopathic vegans probably because they all are either dead or turned back to omnivores due to a lack of essential amino acids, trace minerals and vitamins. The vegan lifestyle is not sustainable for humans over long periods of time nor is our body designed for it. It's unnatural.
    Check out the 500 post mammoth "my favourite pro veganism" quote. All the answers there to your above claims buddy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    What if the murderer killed a murderer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That would be perfectly fine. It's not a crime to kill a guilty person. That would totally defeat the purpose of capital punishment

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Whenever there is a major terroism case I think that the people deserve death the second it is on the news. But then after a few minutes I calm down and realise a much better punishment would be life imprisonment, with hard labour of clearing out pigstys, and preparing pork products for human consumption.

ReputationRep:
    My dear Billy

You already do, you've heard of abortion, havn't you?
    Oh you're one of the anti-abortion nut-jobs?

Comparing having a trial to decide whether a person should be killed with a mother deciding to abort something which hasn't even breather air.

Smart

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.