Turn on thread page Beta

Would you rather be born rich or smart? watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Rich and dumb. They say "you're so smart" like it's a great thing, but dumb people are seemingly oblivious to all the things that make us smart people anxious and/or depressed and genuinely seem happier :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Would you rather be born rich or super smart?

rich couple of million
    super smart but poor based in the UK

Bill

What we have learnt so far:
    -Those who are poor and smart generally know it sucks and would rather be born rich
    Born rich as bad things never happen to rich people and they are always happy

ReputationRep:
    Smart because then I can make the money and be both !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dignifieddeath)
    Born rich as bad things never happen to rich people and they are always happy
    Pretty high suicide rate (and early death rate due to drug/alcohol abuse) amongst the class of born rich.

ReputationRep:
    GUYS!!!! This thread is like 3 years old!!!

ReputationRep:
    Born smart (Although technically not possible to be BORN smart)

ReputationRep:
    Poor and smart since you can work your way up to not being poor. Also I don't care about money that much. Being "smart" and learning things gives me far more happiness and fulfilment than money ever will.

ReputationRep:
    Smart because then I can figure out a way to become rich, if I wanted to.

ReputationRep:
    Super smart 🤓 You could lose your money but you could use your intelligence to gain that amount back 🎀
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Pretty high suicide rate (and early death rate due to drug/alcohol abuse) amongst the class of born rich.
    Those are just very ungrateful people

ReputationRep:
    Depends how smart and stupid, I would probably take the money unless the smart would be exceptionally smart
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Rich anytime, what's the point of being smart if you are going to live a **** life? I would rather be spoiled with money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternalhinch)
    Born rich so I wouldn't have to study my arse off to get a career - lazy life
    Yeah and that's also another reason why I prefer to be rich! Doing what 7 years of intensive stressful study after secondary school can only land you with 30k a year, not saying it's bad but I prefer more

ReputationRep:
    smart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucasium)
    Smart. You can always get rich but you can't get smarter
    That's not true at all. A lot of it is also down to nurture, material one reads, how one trains their mind to consider certain problems, how one develops and works on their critical thinking.

ReputationRep:
    Very good question.

If by smart you mean a slightly above average IQ, versus lets say being rich as a multimillionaire, then I'd the latter.

If by smart you mean >160 IQ genius, then I'd probably choose to be a genius.

ReputationRep:
    Smart

Firstly because that would be cool.
    Secondly because I could use my intelligence to make something and then get rich off of that

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.