Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgottenApple)
    Extract from my past paper spreadsheet
    Omg, you've done so well in every one of your retest papers, well done! I'm just praying for this year's C4 exam to be nicer than the 2015 one :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamara7)
    Its half life is 27 seconds, meaning that every 27 seconds, its concentration will decrease by half. 81 seconds equates to 3 half lives (27 x 3), so the concentration will decrease by half 3 times. So to get from its starting [ ] to its [ ] after 81 secs, you do 81 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2.

Don't hesitate to ask me more questions, I'll try to answer them
    Please can you explain why you have used 81secs? Instead of 1.6 mol dm-3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dpoojaraa)
    Please can you explain why you have used 81secs? Instead of 1.6 mol dm-3?
    Oh God, I made a mistake, you're right I'll edit it.

I'm gonna let SklIsMentalAbuse know just in case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamara7)
    Oh God, I made a mistake, you're right I'll edit it.

I'm gonna let SklIsMentalAbuse know just in case.
    Didn't even notice, good spot!

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna start doing past papers asap because I need to get an A to get into uni! Is it worth doing edexcel, AQA or legacy past papers now so I don't run out of OCR past papers too long before the exam or should I just do OCR ones?
    Also how is everyone prepping for the identification of organic compounds evaluative task? The description is so vague so I'm not really sure what I should be focusing on.
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The identification of organic compounds task is easy. Go over things like colour changes and whether or not things fizz etc.

Also make sure you're happy drawing organic molecules.

Don't worry too much about it, everyone in my class scored high!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LThomas694)
    I'm gonna start doing past papers asap because I need to get an A to get into uni! Is it worth doing edexcel, AQA or legacy past papers now so I don't run out of OCR past papers too long before the exam or should I just do OCR ones?
    Also how is everyone prepping for the identification of organic compounds evaluative task? The description is so vague so I'm not really sure what I should be focusing on.
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There aren't too many OCR past papers so I'm going to do them all once I finish the theory and then go through AQA and Edexcel past papers after. Then I'll redo OCR past papers again the week leading up to the exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xetter)
    The identification of organic compounds task is easy. Go over things like colour changes and whether or not things fizz etc.

Also make sure you're happy drawing organic molecules.

Don't worry too much about it, everyone in my class scored high!
    Okay that's good to know, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thad33)
    There aren't too many OCR past papers so I'm going to do them all once I finish the theory and then go through AQA and Edexcel past papers after. Then I'll redo OCR past papers again the week leading up to the exams.
    That's a good plan, tbh we're still learning new stuff at the moment so it's better to keep on top of that and make sure I totally get it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How would I draw MgCl3 and Al2O3 born Harber cycles ????? Please can some one help me

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to know how to calculate the pH of weak bases? It only shows how to work out the pH of strong bases in the book

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LThomas694)
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ideally you'd finish all the papers once, then repeat closer to the exam once you've forgotten. Yes do other boards if you finish all OCR. Remember there are legacy papers which are good to build up your knowledge as these have a slightly different spec so you gain a broader knowledge by answering those questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thad33)
    Do we need to know how to calculate the pH of weak bases? It only shows how to work out the pH of strong bases in the book

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You don't need to know don't worry! Just strong bases

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgottenApple)
    Ideally you'd finish all the papers once, then repeat closer to the exam once you've forgotten. Yes do other boards if you finish all OCR. Remember there are legacy papers which are good to build up your knowledge as these have a slightly different spec so you gain a broader knowledge by answering those questions.
    Alright, thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danllo)
    How would I draw MgCl3 and Al2O3 born Harber cycles ????? Please can some one help me
    You can google the cycles. Just start drawing them then check with google images. Practice till you get them all right. These are free marks for any student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercuryman)
    hey, Really sorry to bother you rn, but the links in

aren't working. is there a way you could update them? thank youuuu!
    Think it's a onedrive issue. Out of my control; Microsoft will fix it eventually.

ReputationRep:
    Hey. Does anyone remember the titration question from last year's F321?
    I'm retaking F321, you see, and I'm quite sure that was my downfall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phdparker)
    Hey. Does anyone remember the titration question from last year's F321?
    I'm retaking F321, you see, and I'm quite sure that was my downfall.
    I can't remember it but I think your teacher will be able to access the 2015 papers and markschemes to use them for mocks so they will probably be able to find it for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a copy of the f321 paper so would anyone want the titration question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How are people revising all the reactions ? What different techniques seem to be working for people ? I am really struggling to remember which reagent switch which reactions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.