The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Medicine Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by 0livvia
I've lost all hope of getting an interview after seeing my BMAT results...

me too :frown: wat were ur stats if u don't mind me asking??
everyone seems to have done so well with above 6 scores and watnot
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
[QUOTE=16ckim;60860221]me too :frown: wat were ur stats if u don't mind me asking??
everyone seems to have done so well with above 6 scores and watnot

4.2, 4, 3.5A :frown: What about you? I knew I'd done badly on section 1, but was expecting at least a 5 on section 2!
Original post by nurav11
Guys, do any of you remember the title of the question 3 essay? Since UCL use the essay as part of the interview, it'd definitely be good to try and remember what we wrote!

I can't quite remember, but I think it was something along the lines of, 'If an assertion is made without evidence to support it, the assertion can be dismissed without evidence to disprove it'.. Something like that, but worded differently!
Reply 123
Original post by 0livvia
4.2, 4, 3.5A :frown: What about you? I knew I'd done badly on section 1, but was expecting at least a 5 on section 2!

4.9, 5.2, 3.5A not that great either :frown: i know! i was hoping to get so much higher in section 2.. i don't think my scores are enough to get me an interview espeically because i'm an international... all i can hope is that ucl looks at other parts of my app more
Does anyone know from last year what the mean scores mean? Obviously it's hard to say anything for definite with the way UCL does things, but I'm wanting to try gauge if I'll be getting a rejection soon.
Also, does anyone know if they would contact you if they didn't have your BMAT results? I was only able to select one university when I signed up for the test and haven't been able to add UCL to that so I'm not sure if they'll get my results. And I just don't want them to assume that I haven't sat it and use it as an easy rejection.
Original post by 16ckim
4.9, 5.2, 3.5A not that great either :frown: i know! i was hoping to get so much higher in section 2.. i don't think my scores are enough to get me an interview espeically because i'm an international... all i can hope is that ucl looks at other parts of my app more

A lot better than me :lol: Well they look at all aspects of your application, so good academics and a strong personal statement will make up for it! But all of your scores are higher than the UCL averages for this years cohort anyway..:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 126
does anyone know if ucl only accepts internaitonal applicants with higher bmat scores? cuz for imperial i know they have that band thing where they only accept int. students from band 1 and maybe 2.
Reply 127
Ucl interview omgggggggggggggg
Original post by mp_x
Ucl interview omgggggggggggggg

Seriously?
Reply 129
Original post by blxckatoro
Seriously?

YES! Literally 10 minutes ago, I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
mp_x
YES! Literally 10 minutes ago, I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Omg well done!! What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?!
Original post by mp_x

Well done! That's amazing, when is it? And how did you do in your bmat?
Reply 132
Original post by mp_x

What were your BMAT scores?? Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 133
Original post by 0livvia
Omg well done!! What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?!

Original post by blxckatoro
Well done! That's amazing, when is it? And how did you do in your bmat?

GCSE: 11 A*s
AS: 4 As (I got asked for my UMS a few days ago, how weird!)
BMAT: 4.5 4.5 3A

My interview is on 16th December! :smile:
Original post by lols123
me too!

Congratulations! How did you do in BMAT?
mp_x
GCSE: 11 A*s
AS: 4 As (I got asked for my UMS a few days ago, how weird!)
BMAT: 4.5 4.5 3A

My interview is on 16th December! :smile:

Amazing! You must be so pleased:smile: best of luck!
Waiting on a UCL rejection after BMAT scores. So annoyed at the first 2 sections as I got a 4A in the essay :frown:
Original post by ForeverDay
Does anyone know from last year what the mean scores mean? Obviously it's hard to say anything for definite with the way UCL does things, but I'm wanting to try gauge if I'll be getting a rejection soon.

Please don't do that -- there's literally no benefit of doing so. You stress yourself out and it won't make an iota of difference to the outcome of your application. It's like counting your marks after an exam. Not healthy at all.

Also, does anyone know if they would contact you if they didn't have your BMAT results? I was only able to select one university when I signed up for the test and haven't been able to add UCL to that so I'm not sure if they'll get my results. And I just don't want them to assume that I haven't sat it and use it as an easy rejection.

You might wanna contact them about that ASAP.
Everyone, have a look through this if you have the time and are feeling dismayed about your BMAT scores.

As you can see, there's no real pattern -- plenty of people with 3s and 4s got in, while plenty of people with 8s and 9s didn't. One guy even got in with 2.8 in section 1! Which just goes to show you that it really is a holistic process.

Try not to stress. :smile:
Original post by Hydeman
Everyone, have a look through this if you have the time and are feeling dismayed about your BMAT scores.

As you can see, there's no real pattern -- plenty of people with 3s and 4s got in, while plenty of people with 8s and 9s didn't. One guy even got in with 2.8 in section 1! Which just goes to show you that it really is a holistic process.

Try not to stress. :smile:

There kind of is. I just checked; EVERYONE who got a 3.1< in section 1 was rejected without interview. Despite their section 2 / essay grade. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending