Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm Muslim, ask me anything (II) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    What he said is false. The reason why everyone else says it's haram is because it is actually haram.

Thx for letting me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    He was raised up to Allah before the people could get him (peace be upon him) killed.
    One of his companions was made to look like him and was crucified instead, and because of this went to heaven

Also when Jesus (peace be upon him) comes back he will rule the earth with justice and rectify the bad state of the world
    Yes, but what about the significance of the crucifixion? Surely God(or Allah, if you want to call Him that), who plans everything, meant it for a purpose? Plus, you haven't answered my question as to why Jesus came among us in the first place. If it was just to teach us, couldn't He do it through prophets?
    I'm sorry if that sounded aggressive; it wasn't meant, only I'm very curious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alishba-rosex)
    Why did he lie to me when it's haram?
    He thinks it's allowed due to his flawed understanding of Islam.

(Original post by alishba-rosex)
    Thx for letting me know
    yw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treblebee)
    Yes, but what about the significance of the crucifixion? Surely God(or Allah, if you want to call Him that), who plans everything, meant it for a purpose? Plus, you haven't answered my question as to why Jesus came among us in the first place. If it was just to teach us, couldn't He do it through prophets?
    I'm sorry if that sounded aggressive; it wasn't meant, only I'm very curious
    I don't know if there was a significance to the crucifixion, the people of his city, as bad as they were, plotted his death because he was getting more followers and therefore would change things to conform to Allah's laws.

The Romans and other civilizations used crucifixion before so that was how they wanted to kill him.

Jesus was a prophet who was to guide the Children of Israel from misguidance and sins, why couldn't Allah used him as a Prophet? I don't get that question sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Do a lot of Muslim girls you know have sex because the ones I have come across tend to and then lie about it to maintain their Muslim credentials.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCondor)
    Simple; there is no ayah in the Qur'an that forbids you from have a relationship. As long as it is pure (no pre-marital sex).
    You still haven't provided evidence for this claim which is false. Ask any Imam and you will be told dating is haraam. If you don't believe me then you can check the link below
    http://islamqa.info/en/1114

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if there was a significance to the crucifixion, the people of his city, as bad as they were, plotted his death because he was getting more followers and therefore would change things to conform to Allah's laws.

The Romans and other civilizations used crucifixion before so that was how they wanted to kill him.

Jesus was a prophet who was to guide the Children of Israel from misguidance and sins, why couldn't Allah used him as a Prophet? I don't get that question sorry.
    Sorry, I get the misunderstanding: you believe that Jesus was a prophet, but we believe that He is the son of God. But if He was a prophet and there was no significance in the crucifixion, it doesn't make sense... what do you believe that Jesus said in His time on the Earth? It seems to me that he often spoke of dying and being raised again. Also, it predicts in numerous places that someone important would be hung upon a tree, and the cross was made of wood...? As well as that, Jesus talked about the Holy Spirit. Do you, as a Muslim, believe in the Holy Spirit? With Christianity, it all seems to fit: the Three in One that Jesus often spoke of, the ultimate importance of the Crucifixion, etc...There are a lot of things that don't appear to match up; I was wondering if you could explain this to me?

EDIT: I mean, there are a lot of things that Muslims believe (at least, in my take on things)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    why women aren't allowed to wear shorts
    some sports requires to wear shorts n therefore women can't play them
    Men can't wear shorts either as they don't cover the knees. There is other clothing both women and men can wear to play sport.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I get the misunderstanding: you believe that Jesus was a prophet, but we believe that He is the son of God. But if He was a prophet and there was no significance in the crucifixion, it doesn't make sense... what do you believe that Jesus said in His time on the Earth? It seems to me that he often spoke of dying and being raised again. Also, it predicts in numerous places that someone important would be hung upon a tree, and the cross was made of wood...? As well as that, Jesus talked about the Holy Spirit. Do you, as a Muslim, believe in the Holy Spirit? With Christianity, it all seems to fit: the Three in One that Jesus often spoke of, the ultimate importance of the Crucifixion, etc...There are a lot of things that don't appear to match up; I was wondering if you could explain this to me?
    Hey I'd say research into the Muslim perspective of Jesus because what you're describing sounds like your arguing from a Christian viewpoint, and Muslims believe the Bible has been corrupted so we can't take it as valid evidence of what Jesus said.

In Islam, the Holy Spirit, means as in the Angel Gabriel, who is a servant of God and does tasks that Allah commands him to do. He isn't a part of God but is His servant.

Treblebee check this book out of Muslims perspective of Jesus, I've just bought it off amazon its backed up by authentic evidence of Islam scholars, Qur'an and sayings of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) on Jesus :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1...il_TE_AMZLdp_1

ReputationRep:
    What is your opinion of homosexuality, as a muslim?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    ok soo...
    a married couple doesn't want children at a certain time (maybe coz they wanna settle first financially)
    but their parents kinda get worried that why we haven't heard any good news
    and their relatives would say that ohh its been 2 years now why there is no sign of good news, i think there is some problem maybe with the girl and having stuggle with pregnancy (even though its not true coz the couple decided to not have children yet)
    society usually accuse women that she having fertility issues but men can have too not fertility but related to this
    (Original post by geniequeen48)
    Okay, I understand that. Your question is? If you're asking if it's sinful then no..............
    Hopefully OP will reply cos as far as I know, not it's not haram or sinful.
    I agree with geniequeen. Its compleatly upto the partners and they could just tell relative or to their close one that they are not financially ready yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna_S)
    What is your opinion of homosexuality, as a muslim?
    I believe it's very wrong, because you cannot have kids and god did not create two Adam or two Eve. He created man and women. The homosexuality people can change their feelings, this is what i believe which is scientifically proven. I will not FORCE anyone or hate or even attack them because let them be what they want to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geniequeen48)
    Nah I think it depends where u play it. I love sports like that as well but if u play it in school or at the park then u can wear joggings and long/large top/t-shirt (thats what I do anyway). Or maybe there are women only ones
    nah... I am not talking about playing sports casually in clubs, I am talking about international players and especially in badminton all wear shorts n its policy to wear shorts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TAREQ003)
    I believe it's very wrong, because you cannot have kids and god did not create two Adam or two Eve. He created man and women. The homosexuality people can change their feelings.
    Not true
    Speaking from personal experience

Show me the scientific prove. Dont post me some random link, or I can counter post with another link
    I do not wanna argue, but please do not say stuff without any knowledge

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'd say research into the Muslim perspective of Jesus because what you're describing sounds like your arguing from a Christian viewpoint, and Muslims believe the Bible has been corrupted so we can't take it as valid evidence of what Jesus said.

In Islam, the Holy Spirit, means as in the Angel Gabriel, who is a servant of God and does tasks that Allah commands him to do. He isn't a part of God but is His servant.
    Ok, then... to go from a neutral viewpoint
    Could you sum up the main points Jesus makes?
    Also, how would sins/forgiveness work? bc would you not say that it is impossible for us to be perfect and blameless? (Or if you would argue that some can manage it, can you? Can your Muslim friends?) I'm just v intrigued as to how you believe this would work.

ReputationRep:
    I believe it's very wrong, because you cannot have kids and god did not create two Adam or two Eve. He created man and women. The homosexuality people can change their feelings, this is what i believe which is scientifically proven. I will not FORCE anyone or hate or even attack them because let them be what they want to be.
    Personally i do also agree, and I am Christian. Do you believe that it is wrong because both faiths state it is or would this be your personal opinion not regarding your faith?

ReputationRep:
    but as u said that marriage doesn't mean that u have to have children...

ReputationRep:
    Ok, then... to go from a neutral viewpoint
    Could you sum up the main points Jesus makes?
    Also, how would sins/forgiveness work? bc would you not say that it is impossible for us to be perfect and blameless? (Or if you would argue that some can manage it, can you? Can your Muslim friends?) I'm just v intrigued as to how you believe this would work.
    I've just done a quick search to sum up the story of Jesus in Islam, he wanted to get people to live by the law of Moses, denounce the Pharisees and abide by the Ten Commandments and believe in Allah.

ReputationRep:
    I've just done a quick search to sum up the story of Jesus in Islam, he wanted to get people to live by the law of Moses, denounce the Pharisees and abide by the Ten Commandments and believe in Allah.
    Does Jesus tell us to believe in Allah specifically or does he just say God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna_S)
    Does Jesus tell us to believe in Allah specifically or does he just say God.
    http://www.answering-christianity.com/ac1.htm

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2017
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.