The Student Room Group

Mr M's Edexcel GCSE Linear Mathematics Higher 1MA0 Paper 2 Answers November 2015

Scroll to see replies

for the quetion7, i got the answer right but i said that yes he got enough coz i thought that where we round up the number that might make it yes
so i got the answer right but said that he has enough
how many marks would i get?
maximum 4 marks
Reply 122
Original post by fatima1998
for the quetion7, i got the answer right but i said that yes he got enough coz i thought that where we round up the number that might make it yes
so i got the answer right but said that he has enough
how many marks would i get?

You would lose some but you will get ecf and qwc because you had the answer and you showed that you can write.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ad4m
And as I've already said, they only give A or above to about 4% due to the fact that there really aren't many people reaching the marks for the grades.

At the last sitting 16.5% of candidates achieved A or above.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey Mr M can you please answer my question and you know for question 24 I did

100/1/2*8.4*sin(40) which gave me 37.01
then i sqaure rooted that 37.01 which i did by mistake and that gave me 6.1 something

then i did a^2 = 8.4^2 plus 6.1^2 - 2* 8.4 * 6.1 * cos (40)

which gave me 29 point something
then i sqaured rooted that and it gave me 5.4
?
i had everything right but i accidently sqaure rooted the 37.01 how many marks do u think ill get out of 5 for this question
Reply 125
Original post by Mr M
At the last sitting 16.5% of candidates achieved A or above.

I was referring to the November exam series in November 2014 to get an idea of the distribution of grades and how they differ in November and June.
do more people get A's on average during the june or november exam?
you messed up on q24

100=1/2*8.4*b*sin40
200=8.4*b*sin40
200/8.4*sin40=b
b=32.0 (3sf)
i have know idea how you got your awnser
i got 54/200 :afraid::afraid:l am appaled!! luckily this is a mock of a mock..
Reply 129
Original post by hamishs
you messed up on q24

100=1/2*8.4*b*sin40
200=8.4*b*sin40
200/8.4*sin40=b
b=32.0 (3sf)
i have know idea how you got your awnser

you were asked to find a different side and therefore had to use the cosine rule after this calculation. and 32 is 2 sig fig...

Posted from TSR Mobile
no 32.0 is 3sf and no thats not true because then why did they give you the area
Reply 131
Original post by hamishs
no 32.0 is 3sf and no thats not true because then why did they give you the area

the area allowed you to work out the length of one side, and you then needed to use the cosine rule to find the other. Trust me, a 5 mark question isn't as easy as reverse calculations.
Original post by lucasfraser
Has anyone got this paper yet or is it online anywhere yet?
I'm patiently waiting too :frown:
I didn't used the cosine rule for Q24, I used SOHCAHTOA, does this mean I completely mucked up?
Reply 134
Original post by jessdavies99
I didn't used the cosine rule for Q24, I used SOHCAHTOA, does this mean I completely mucked up?

you can only use standard trigonometry in right angled triangles.

Posted from TSR Mobile
could someone please leave a link to the mark schemes for both november 2015 exams!! x
could someone leave a link for the non calc answers please
hey what are the topics that came up on the nov 2015 calc paper?
mr m how do we do the working for question 20
Hello Mr M is the calculater 2015 one?? How is steam an leaf in it? I don't understand if it's paper 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending