Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abholly96)
    Ive been pooled! Anyone have any idea if the start giving out more offers as people firm/reject or do we find out all together in April?
    Last year they kept us waiting right up until the deadline I think everyone found out together whether or not they'd got an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by four4)
    Newcastle asked for copies of my achieved AS& GCSE grades. Would it be ok if I scanned them into the computer and send them via email?
    I phoned earlier and they said just scan and email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrellii)
    Last year they kept us waiting right up until the deadline I think everyone found out together whether or not they'd got an offer
    That's great thanks! At least I know not to expect anything until the end! Any idea how many offer where given to thoes pooled? Congratulations on your offer aswell!

ReputationRep:
    Has everyone's track updated with the offer? I got mine yesterday via email but track still hasnt updated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by four4)
    Has everyone's track updated with the offer? I got mine yesterday via email but track still hasnt updated.
    Same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bakr786)
    Same
    Yeah, I've firmed got a track update at 17.31

ReputationRep:
    That's great thanks! At least I know not to expect anything until the end! Any idea how many offer where given to thoes pooled? Congratulations on your offer aswell!
    Thank you I was in your position last year! Being pooled is awful as the wait is just extended! Unfortunately I have no idea how many offers are given to pooled applicants, it just depends how many people reply to Newcastle before May 7th. I think last year one or two dental schools took their time replying to people so not many people were actually able to reply to Newcastle in time, therefore a lot of the pool were rejected.

Each year it's different and unfortunately it's extremely unpredictable hang in there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrellii)
    Thank you I was in your position last year! Being pooled is awful as the wait is just extended! Unfortunately I have no idea how many offers are given to pooled applicants, it just depends how many people reply to Newcastle before May 7th. I think last year one or two dental schools took their time replying to people so not many people were actually able to reply to Newcastle in time, therefore a lot of the pool were rejected.

Each year it's different and unfortunately it's extremely unpredictable hang in there!
    Ahh thanks for that anyway! It's so horrible waiting even longer when it still could be a rejection Shan I'm really Glad you've finally got a place after all that anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh thanks for that anyway! It's so horrible waiting even longer when it still could be a rejection Shan I'm really Glad you've finally got a place after all that anyway!
    Thanks so much! Just hang in there, you still have hope

ReputationRep:
    Have any partners applicants had their UCAS updated

ReputationRep:
    Have any partners applicants had their UCAS updated
    Yeah mine updated today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by four4)
    Yeah mine updated today
    Mine still hasn't

ReputationRep:
    Mine still hasn't
    Dont worry. It will update soon.

ReputationRep:
    This may be too soon, but has anyone started to look at accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by four4)
    This may be too soon, but has anyone started to look at accommodation?
    I have! Whereabouts have you looked at? I wonder where most first year dentists go...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magoo18)
    I have! Whereabouts have you looked at? I wonder where most first year dentists go...
    I have too! I like the look of park terrace/Kensington terrace. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blobfish13)
    I have too! I like the look of park terrace/Kensington terrace. What about you?
    Park Terrace was one of my faves too! I also kind of like Castle Leazes because of the social aspect but it could be too crazy to live in

ReputationRep:
    Offer made . Defferred entry for 2017 41 year old student with 22 years armed service on his forces pension and the whole prospect is bloomin frightening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Auxradar)
    Offer made . Defferred entry for 2017 41 year old student with 22 years armed service on his forces pension and the whole prospect is bloomin frightening.
    That's amazing, congratulations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by preetg97)
    That's amazing, congratulations
    many thanks, i left school with nothing really.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.