Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

History of Art Applicants 2015/16!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artystique)
    Guys, I got an offer from Glasgow!
    But I am still quite nervous about the Warwick interview
    I went to the Warwick interview on Wednesday and received an offer from them today! It's really easy and relaxed, no need to worry. Most of the day is spent looking around the campus and stuff the interview itself is only actually five minutes. They mainly just get you to compare two paintings, but they're not looking for you to get it correct so don't worry, it basically just an informal chat.

ReputationRep:
    Same! Which day? Mine's the 12th

ReputationRep:
    That makes me feel a little better I have mine at the end of February

ReputationRep:
    Well done, and thank you! X

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, what was your offer? Was it unconditional or reduced grades??

ReputationRep:
    Hey, congrats to y'all who've gotten new offers!

I have one exam week left, will be spending my saturday at school painting for five hours then Are any of you interested in continuing with art afterwards, or have you applied for courses that also offer the chance to do artworks and such? I didn't know Warwick had that and it just confirmed it for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FranScan97)
    Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, what was your offer? Was it unconditional or reduced grades??
    I wish I've only got an email telling me they're making me an offer, I haven't got it on UCAS yet so I don't actually know. I'm hoping it ABB so I'll have an insurance because all my others are AAB atm. Though I'm considering making it my firm as I really like it there but it depends if I get into UCL or the Courtauld which I probably won't

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to everyone on your Courtauld interviews! It's quite cool that some of you will possibly get to meet each other. And repecca: no, I'm not intending to carry on with making my own art. I think that producing art for an examination subject has been very damaging and stifling for me. When I was fourteen/fifteen, I couldn't stop painting, yet now I wouldn't mind never seeing a paint brush again. I'll probably still dabble and fidget with projects and ideas from time to time, but I'm planning to take a bit of a hiatus from making my own art until I'm maybe in my mid twenties, who knows. I'd rather stick to straight academics/theory for now.

ReputationRep:
    I'm also really jealous of all of your upcoming Courtauld interview experiences! My Cambridge interview was SUCH FUN. Good luck to everyone- ah, I'm even jealous that you're all going to get to briefly visit London!

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone preparing for their Courtauld interviews? I'm assuming I'll have to do a bit more than I did for Warwick, but I'm not really sure what to actually do.

ReputationRep:
    Venetia, it's not even funny how similar that is to me; especially with the fact that I didn't get the high grade in art I was expected to get. I used to be drawing and painting all the time- I have books and books filled with stuff, but now I haven't done any 'serious' Art since then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone congrats on your interviews I applied to the Courtauld as well & I haven't got an email yet I'm on holiday in New Zealand so maybe the time difference is affecting my emails?? What time did you get your emails in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    Got my Courtauld interview on the 10th! How is everyone prepping? For those nervous about the exam, on the open day they said it's not that much of a big deal - just use it to get a feel of how you approach unseen images!

ReputationRep:
    Me too! See you there Mia

ReputationRep:
    Scratch that it's the 12th. Btw, I love your profile picture - I'm a massive Klimt fan!!

ReputationRep:
    Look forward to it! (kind of..)

ReputationRep:
    Well perhaps I'll see you in September then I guess!

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully!!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from UCL yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miahansen)
    Has anyone heard from UCL yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've just checked portico and status changed to 'Currently being processed by Admissions' so I think i'm going to hear from them soon And have you heard anything yet ?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.