Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any more people headed to HB after results day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AaronLee)
    Hi my names Aaron, and I'm going to be studying maths
    Hey Aaron, I'm Ryan and I was just allocated to St.Hild and St. Bede to study maths also. Look forward to seeing you there.

ReputationRep:
    hi Could someone help? I got my accommodation confirmation for from Hild Bede and it says that it "excludes the student guest interruption period which is Sunday 19th to Tuesday 21st March 2017". What does that mean? I have to move out of my room for three days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by floraharai)
    hi Could someone help? I got my accommodation confirmation for from Hild Bede and it says that it "excludes the student guest interruption period which is Sunday 19th to Tuesday 21st March 2017". What does that mean? I have to move out of my room for three days?
    You may have to move your stuff to another room in the college as they have open days. But they give you some money for the trouble!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPauling)
    You may have to move your stuff to another room in the college as they have open days. But they give you some money for the trouble!
    Thanks that sounds good

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I vaguely remember reading about this somewhere but I've lost the source (as usual), but anyway, do we need to bring our own bed sheets, pillow cases, duvets etc for our college rooms? And are the beds there single or double beds? (I glanced at them briefly during the open day but didn't remember)

Thanks all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertyMan)
    Hey everyone, I vaguely remember reading about this somewhere but I've lost the source (as usual), but anyway, do we need to bring our own bed sheets, pillow cases, duvets etc for our college rooms? And are the beds there single or double beds? (I glanced at them briefly during the open day but didn't remember)

Thanks all
    Hi. If you are not an international student you have to bring all those things. The beds are single.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertyMan)

Thanks all
    Yes you will need to bring them all but if you are tight on space you could always buy them when you arrive in Durham

ReputationRep:
    Any geologists???

ReputationRep:
    The "strange block" must be where us guys hung out and it smelt of pre-war wood polish. We had a canteen hatch which would serve much needed tea and bickkies between lectures. Thursday night was formal dinner night, and the cooks would scrimp and save during the week on the other meals so that Thursday was a bang-on 4-course meal where a dinner jacket was required but the price of the meal ticket was the same as any other meal. At the end, the principal at the head table would rap a gavel and declare, "Gentlemen, you may smoke!" Thus ended the formal part. One time we snuck a Hild girl in, which all went rather swimmingly until some jocks sidereal what we had done... The rest as they say, is history. Enjoy the college. Enjoy the heritage. Stay focused and be blessed.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.