Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dino-unicorn)
    You're doing way more work than I think i ever did at your age. Keep this up and you'll certainly reach your goal!
    Thank you so much! It's really nice to be complemented

ReputationRep:
    It's been quite a week!! I have just about managed to keep up with my schedule as well as finishing homework, which is difficult. I'm averaging 2-3 hours after school, depending on how tired I am. I also do about 1-2 subjects per evening. Overall, my revision now mainly consists of past papers; as many as I can do. I do make notes here and there for topics I'm not too certain about, but apart from that, I've pretty much finished all my notes. I'm making my last few flashcards for geography and sciences, which I find really helpful. I'll try my best to update more frequently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kennethdcharles)
    It's been quite a week!! I have just about managed to keep up with my schedule as well as finishing homework, which is difficult. I'm averaging 2-3 hours after school, depending on how tired I am. I also do about 1-2 subjects per evening. Overall, my revision now mainly consists of past papers; as many as I can do. I do make notes here and there for topics I'm not too certain about, but apart from that, I've pretty much finished all my notes. I'm making my last few flashcards for geography and sciences, which I find really helpful. I'll try my best to update more frequently
    nice

ReputationRep:
    Today I had a school football match, and I came home at around 7, after which, I felt too tired to do anything, so I've been on the student room the whole time Hopefully tomorrow I get more work done I plan to do some geography.

ReputationRep:
    Update 19/04/16

So today was much more productive, both at school and at home. In french, we went over some past paper questions, and the same thing happened in english. In R.S. we went through the module believing in God, and revised the key bits. In maths, we had a calaculator mock, which although I'm not as confident as I would like to be, I'm still pretty confident as I believe I'll be getting over 90%. After school, I spent about 2 hours doing geography revision. I firstly answered some past paper questions on tourism in national parks, and I then went on to make mindmaps for the same module.

Tomorrow, I plan to do an Additional Maths past paper, for June 2010, and depending on whether I have time after, I may do some Biology revision too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richpanda)
    nice
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Update 22/04/16

On Wednesday I got my geography unit 1 papers back for 2012, and I was very happy with the A* (41/50 for coasts and 47/50 for urban). The additional maths paper I did on Wednesday after school was somewhat disappointing because I just felt extremely tired, but also I must say it was fairly difficult. I only managed 70/100, which somehow, was still an A, (61 was needed for an A, indicating the difficulty). As I've mentioned before, an A is the maximum grade for Additional maths. As I said, I was tired, so I left it at that for the day.

Yesterday, we had our school district football final, which we won . I couldn't be bothered to do any work further when I got home, and I just went straight to bed.

Today, I plan to do a chemistry past paper as well as an R.S. one.

ReputationRep:
    Update 25/04/16
    Saturday: Geography- coasts paper January 2013, urban flashcards, physics P7 June 2013 paper, got 52/60, A*
    Sunday: English June 2014 paper, PE June 2011 paper, 65/80, A (whoops!) Additional Maths June 2011 paper, 98/100, A. Biology B4 B5 B6 paper June 2013, 49/60, A*.

Although I have been doing quite a bit, I don't think I am doing enough, because I procrastinate loads in the morning I guess I'm on track for my aim (8A*s 2As), just a few more last ditch efforts now to ensure I get the A* and not the A, particularly in English.

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday I asnwered the R.S. unit 3 2015 paper, in total exam conditions, which I will get my teacher to mark. His marking is so harsh it can actually be disouraging! Oh well, it's better than being a lenient marker. I also went through the June 2013 C7 paper.

Today I will be doing the additional maths June 2012 paper after school, and I may or may not answer some English questions

ReputationRep:
    Got my maths mocks back... Got 91/100 in the non calc and 94/100 in the calc. Alright tbh, I'm aiming for higher in the real exam, just as a personal challenge to get 100% Also did the June 2012 additional maths paper in which due to tiredness I only managed 80/100, although it was a solid A, I'm not really happy with it as I've been averaging high 80s and 90s. Oh well, it's the grade that counts!

ReputationRep:
    It's May, which means we are in exam season! Quite unbelievable; I still remember the start of yesr 11 quite fondly, and I remember walking past the sports hall in year 7 and watching the big kids do exams, thinking that will never be me. Well somehow, it is me now! My first exam is on Tuesday, IGCSE English Language, and I am fairly confident I can get the A*, just got to remain focused.

This week has been full of procrastination for me Although I shouldn't be happy, I think my work ethic throughout the year has put me into a position where a little procrastionation won't harm me. My revision now mainly consists of past papers. For geography, on top of past papers, I make mindmaps for each topic as well as flashcards. I mad my science flashcards ages ago so they're ready to go. I am also making a few notes here and there for sciences, just for topics I feel I need to refresh my mind with.

Today I did three papers; PE June 2015 (68/80,A*) English (haven't marked) and Additional Maths (87/100, A). On top of that, I completed half of the June 2014 geography unit 2 paper. Tomorrow, I aim to do an R.S paper and some R.S revision, (exam questions on certain topics), chemistry notes, mainly on C3, C5, and C7, and a chemistry paat paper (possibly 2), and an English paper. Depending on how time is going, I may also finish off my geography paper.

So good luck to everyone in this exam season, we can all do brilliantly!

ReputationRep:
    Morning of my English exam! I feel mainly confident, but slightly nervous at the same time. My teacher after reading some of my drafts assured me that I am going to get the A*, so that helps. I've done all I could possibly do to prepare now, so whatever grade I come out with, I won't have any regrets, though I will be disappointed if I get an A

This marks the start of exam season for me! And for a lot of us, for that matter. Good luck to everyone this summer!

ReputationRep:
    Update 08/05/2016

I'm terribly sorry for not updating recently!

This week, I had my first exam, English Language. It went okay, though it was a harder paper than I had expected. I'm hoping and praying that I got the A*, and the unofficial mark scheme has given me a bit of confidence for that...

Tuesday: Didn't do much after school as I just couldn't be bothered; the English exam really drained me! I made some RE Matters of Life and Death flash cards and answered the June 2012 question

Wednesday: Again, didn't do much as I was distracted by the Champions league game (whoops!) I did, however manage to answer some past paper questions for physics on P5 electric circuits; the hardest and most boring ( but obviously still very interesting!) unit in the GCSE physics spec.

Thursday: I can't fully remember what I did now. I think I answered some RE questions and finished some more flash cards; not entirely sure.

Friday: Made Biology B1 and B3 notes, and did the Jan 2013 B1 B2 B3 paper (48/60, A*). Also did the Chemistry C1 C2 C3
    paper for Jan 2012 after making some brief notes on salt mining etc. (51/60, A*).

Saturday: Did a lot! I made a mind-map on Urban deprivation in East London and the Olympic Legacy Development, before doing my homework which was to answer past paper questions, based on this. I then answered the specimen paper for June 2014 onwards on Unit 1, which I'll get my teacher to mark tomorrow. I then finished my urban flashcards, and highlighted the key stuff as well as the coasts one. After that, I made some RE flashcards for marriage and family life, before answering the June 2012 question on this topic. I later went to Nandos!

Sunday: Answered the Additional maths June 2014 paper (83/100, A), the PE June specimen paper (63/80, A*) and RE Specimen paper questions on believing in God and Matters of Life and Death.

As you can probably tell, I am spending A LOT of time on RE as firstly it's my weakest subject, secondly my exam is in 7 days and I find it difficult to revise for it, and lastly, because I'm predicted an A and aiming for an A* (lol). So since I'm more confident with everything else, I'm trying to do RE as much as I can, in the hope that it will pay off.

I will try to update as soon as possible, but I make no promises!

ReputationRep:
    Update 11/05/16

Not long to go now. And the good news is, our school has allowed us to have study leave once our first exam starts on Monday! Better than staying in school in between exams at least

Monday: Chemistry Paper. RE Specimen Paper Marriage and Family Life Question, as well as flashcards.

Tuesday: Geography Unit 2 past paper.

Wednesday: At school - Biology June 2015 B1 B2 B3 paper. Chemistry C1 C2 C3 (not finished). Physics June 2012 P1 P2 P3 (not finished). At home - RE Religion and Community Cohesion Flashcards. Believing in God questions.

The papers I didn't finish at school was due to being disturbed in lessons by people who don't seem to realise we have exams starting in less than 5 days.

ReputationRep:
    Update 14/05/2016

By the end of this week, I will have completed 6 exams, and 2 GCSEs as a whole. I have a county cup final match tomorrow, which means I'm pretty much trying to get the majority of my revision done for my R.S. exam on Monday today, so that tomorrow, I can just glance through my flashcards.

Thursday: R.S. Revision for Unit 3. Answered c) style exam questions on Believing in God, and Matters of Life and Death.
    Friday: R.S. c) style exam questions for Marriage and the Family.

Today, I plan to answer some exam questions on Religion and Community Cohesion, before doing a quick Biology recap on B1 B2 & B3 for my exam on Tuesday. I will then do a past paper on them, before doing an R.S. past paper too.

ReputationRep:
    Update 15/05/16

I guess this is it now! The exam season officially commences tomorrow for me (even though I did that igcse English exam) and all my revision will be tested in a matter of six weeks. Although I'm under pressure to achieve as many A*s as possible, I am feeling very calm as I know I have revised enough and that there isn't much more I can do, so what will be will be!

This evening, I went through my R.S. flash card after my match, and I also answered exam questions on all the units.

This week I have:

16th R.S. Unit 3
    17th French Reading and Listening, Biology B1 B2 B3
    19th Chemistry C1 C2 C3
    20th PE Theory.

I hope this will be a successful exam season for us all. Good luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    First week of exams...

Monday: R.S. Unit 3 exam; went pretty well tbh, I was glad with how it went. I think I got an A, and depending on the ridiculous R.S. grade boundaries, I may have got an A*. Mustn't get complacent though, as I have unit 16 (Mark's gospel) on the 15th June, which to me is the harder module. When I got home, I briefly revised for Biology by doing two B1 B2 B3 papers (June 2014 and 13). I can't remember the mark, but they were both A*s.

Tuesday: Started off with French; both listening and reading were very simple for me, so, depending on my controlled assessments, I should walk out with an A*. Then had the biology exam... despite doing all the past papers, it was for me still the hardest one, as there was a lack of biology and an emphasis on ethical issue Well discussing the exam gave me more confidence, and since everyone found it hard, the grade boundaries will likely go down. I believe I just managed an A*, nevertheless to ensure this, I will have to completely ace the next two exams. When I got home, did the chemistry C1 C2 C3 specimen paper which I think I got 47/60 in, A*.

Wednesday: No exams, so spent the whole day revising. Started off with two chemistry papers (53/60, 55/60), followed by some revision notes on some the topics I weren't too sure on. I then did a PE past paper (70/80, A*). I ended the day with a further two chemistry papers (can't remember what I got).

Thursday: Chemistry exam in the morning... very happy with how it went! I managed to answer all questions with relative ease and I'm pretty confident about the A*... so long as the grade boundaries don't become horrendous since everyone at school and on TSR found it to be a nice paper. Spent the rest of the afternoon revising for PE; did a past paper (70/80) and then read through my revision booklet. I've been spending the rest of the evening procrastinating whilst simultaneously revising (not recommended).

I am on track for my targets, though Biology will require some more work to increase my confidence.

ReputationRep:
    First week of exams now complete! 7 down, 13 to go!

Had my PE exam today; was alright, few tricky questions, but all in all, i should (i hope) get the A*.
    Came home a did an hour of geography revision before going to play football.
    Next week I have:
    Tuesday- Geography Unit 1 PM
    Wednesday-Physics P1 P2 P3 PM
    Thursday- Mathematics Non calculator AM

Tomorrow, I plan to go to the library to do some geography revision, which will probably just be past papers. I will also do some physics past papers, before making notes on some topics I need to refresh my mind on. I will end the day by doing a maths paper, which I do not have to do, but I will do it for fun anyways

ReputationRep:
    Update 23/05/16

Worked moderately hard this weekend:

Saturday - Geography past paper on unit 1. Mind-mapped case studies I needed to remind myself of, such as urban slums. Physics past paper Jan-12 (47/60, A*) and revised some topics I forgot.

Sunday- Maths past paper in the morning. Finished a geography urban question from Saturday. Then did two past papers on unit 1, one on coasts, one on urban. Mind-mapped a case study on Managed Retreat. Then did a Physics past paper (P1 P2 P3 Jan-13, 53/60) and then revised analogue and digital signals and energy sources.

This week I'm lucky to only be having three exams, and all on subjects which I am really good at.

I feel really ready for these exams, so it's difficult to revise! This morning, I will read over my geography flash cards, and perhaps I will do a physics paper too. In the afternoon, I am going to school for a geography booster, and in the evening, I will do a past paper in preparation for tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck on your GCSE's! Out of curiosity, why the preference for Oxford over Cambridge?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.