Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sycl0n3)
    I would say you have a very average voice, its a bit bland and there doesn't seem to be much depth to it plus your range seems limited.
    Sorry if this sounds harsh but not everyone can be an amazing singer and getting a vocal coach etc probably won't improve your singing too much. You either have it, or you don't.
    Naw, it's okay, I did ask for an honest opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! I can give you a right thumb for sharing us your good talent. You know what? I really love music too. And what makes the song beautiful? It's the one that sings a song came from his/her heart. Keep it up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antom1995)
    Awesome! I can give you a right thumb for sharing us your good talent. You know what? I really love music too. And what makes the song beautiful? It's the one that sings a song came from his/her heart. Keep it up!
    Thank you so much! That's really nice of you, also, can I offer you a compliment? I don't know if it's you in your profile picture, but if so, looking good

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the compliment fandom-queen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fandom-queen)
    Halsey is an upcoming singer who has taken over my world, and is the deity I worship.
    Lmao upcoming? No way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    Lmao upcoming? No way.
    Yeah, i guess, but she hasn't blown up, or been given the recognition she deserves yet.

There is one other singer whom I think deserves recognition as much as Halsey, and that's Melanie Martinez. Her album Crybaby=genius.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Well, it's subjective. You don't have to.
    I know

Dammit, is it really that obvious?
    Well, this is the internet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    I know

Well, this is the internet
    Yeah, probably a mistake. Other than Slim Shady, what do you listen to, then?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Yeah, probably a mistake. Other than Slim Shady, what do you listen to, then?
    Pro Green, Yelawolf, Hoodie Allen, Queen, Micheal Jackson, Green Day, Arctic Monkeys, Tech N9ne, Evanescence, Linkin Park, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc

ReputationRep:
    Pro Green, Yelawolf, Hoodie Allen, Queen, Micheal Jackson, Green Day, Arctic Monkeys, Tech N9ne, Evanescence, Linkin Park, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc
    Gahh!! You like evansescence!! You like EVANESCENCE!! Do you have any idea how long I've searched for someone who likes them? Amy Lee is a goddess, her voice <3 Linkin Park, I've listened to and loved every singly one of their albums. Green day, Arctic monkeys, RHCP, Foo fighters, classics.

Queen, Michael Jackson need no fangirling, they're kinda taken for granted as being amazing.

Haven't heard the first 3 though.

You listen to Panic! At the Disco?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Gahh!! You like evansescence!! You like EVANESCENCE!! Do you have any idea how long I've searched for someone who likes them? Amy Lee is a goddess, her voice <3 Linkin Park, I've listened to and loved every singly one of their albums. Green day, Arctic monkeys, RHCP, Foo fighters, classics.

Queen, Michael Jackson need no fangirling, they're kinda taken for granted as being amazing.
    :yep:

:eek:
    You must hear them!!
    :no:

ReputationRep:

:yep:

:eek:
    You must hear them!!

:no:
    I love how you respond with just emoticons

You MUST listen to P!ATD. Listen to Don't threaten me with a good time, Victorious, Mrs.Jackson.

ReputationRep:

Sorry for randomly butting into your conversation but I had to- you listen to p!atd??? Omg I LOVE p!atd and I literally know nobody else who likes their music. Also Halsey is my QUEEN. I'm not really qualified to give advice on your voice, but I agree with someone else further up who suggested skinny love- I think your voice is somewhat similar to Birdy's
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I love how you respond with just emoticons

You MUST listen to P!ATD. Listen to Don't threaten me with a good time, Victorious, Mrs.Jackson.
    Sometimes words are unnecessary

I've listened before and wasn't too keen tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliciaa1997)
    Sorry for randomly butting into your conversation but I had to- you listen to p!atd??? Omg I LOVE p!atd and I literally know nobody else who likes their music. Also Halsey is my QUEEN. I'm not really qualified to give advice on your voice, but I agree with someone else further up who suggested skinny love- I think your voice is somewhat similar to Birdy's
    OMG yes!! I love them, and ngl, I kinda started listening after endless references by dan and phil and the phandom. Halsey is queen, I love her.

I love birdy, I don't think I'm as good as her, she's just amazing, but I will try though. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes words are unnecessary

I've listened before and wasn't too keen tbh
    ohh, you can try some songs, u might like them. Maybe though, no promises, what about thirty seconds to mars and coldplay?

Radiohead?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    ohh, you can try some songs, u might like them. Maybe though, no promises, what about thirty seconds to mars and coldplay?

Radiohead?
    :top:

And Muse

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Yeah, I know. Is there any song you'd recommend to test my range?
    There were a few flat notes in the recording too but that might just have been the audio quality. You're in tune but tbh the tone of your voice needs some developing; I presume you're quite young? If so that's a plus, many years ahead What sort of music are you into? Pop/Country/Ballads/theatre etc

ReputationRep:
    :top:

And Muse
    Muse for life <3 I like mumford and sons as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsAstronomy12)
    There were a few flat notes in the recording too but that might just have been the audio quality. You're in tune but tbh the tone of your voice needs some developing; I presume you're quite young? If so that's a plus, many years ahead What sort of music are you into? Pop/Country/Ballads/theatre etc
    I'm sixteen, so not TOO young. Hopefully, it'll develop further. plus, I have chest congestion, so when I'm not singing, i'm coughing

I love alt.rock so, 30 seconds to mars, coldplay, Evanescence, Radiohead, Linkin Park, Lorde, Florence and the machine etc.

I also like Melanie Martinez a lot, but, unsure of which genre she falls under.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.