(Original post by Mesosleepy)
    That came up as a 4 mark last year so maybe
    But it hasn't come up as an essay for years

ReputationRep:
    that would be so good!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any research methods notes?

ReputationRep:
    How I'm going to prepare for all the possible essays is a total mystery...

ReputationRep:
    That's what I don't get, how do you memorise 50 essays?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimberleyrolph)
    That's what I don't get, how do you memorise 50 essays?!
    I counted all possible essays/questions including 4 markers and it's around 80 for me

ReputationRep:
    Was just wondering if anyone has any solid revision techniques for psychology this year? Last year's content was so much different and I managed it really well. But this year I'm struggling to find a good revision technique. My PSYA3 topics are: relationships, aggressing and biological rhythms, and my PSYA4 are: Media, OCD and research methods.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stecher)
    I subscribed and liked your video. That's actually a very good idea of revising! I do similar topics to you except I don't do relationships, I do gender instead. I look forward to more of your videos
    Thank you so much! Any topics in particular you want me to make a video on from sleep or aggression or schizophrenia? Ill get those ones out first ;D !

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone using for research methods revision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie0497)
    But it hasn't come up as an essay for years
    true, it could be an a02 question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed Rahman)
    Thank you so much! Any topics in particular you want me to make a video on from sleep or aggression or schizophrenia? Ill get those ones out first ;D !
    Aggression - group display /jealousy please !!! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anybody who is doing the aggression unit, for the question,

Discuss neural and hormonal mechanisms in human aggression (8 marks + 16 marks)

Could you split it in half (4+8) and do neural - serotonin then hormone - testosterone, or would you have to use more than one example for each mechanism?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatalieUK)
    Anybody who is doing the aggression unit, for the question,

Discuss neural and hormonal mechanisms in human aggression (8 marks + 16 marks)

Could you split it in half (4+8) and do neural - serotonin then hormone - testosterone, or would you have to use more than one example for each mechanism?
    You probably could if you had enough evaluation for both. I'd at least do two examples for one just in case though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theasian_csl)
    Aggression - group display /jealousy please !!! Thanks
    That came up in my mock and i got 20/24 ill perfect the answer and then make a video!

ReputationRep:
    Praying neural and hormonal mechanisms of aggression comes up this summer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikita Marie)
    Was just wondering if anyone has any solid revision techniques for psychology this year? Last year's content was so much different and I managed it really well. But this year I'm struggling to find a good revision technique. My PSYA3 topics are: relationships, aggressing and biological rhythms, and my PSYA4 are: Media, OCD and research methods.

Thanks in advance
    We do the same topics, except from OCD; i do schizophrenia. What i tend to do is if you haven't got any from your teachers make model answers, then structure it then find trigger words for each paragraph that will help you remember the rest. Perhaps, also use images; e.g for the bobodoll study by Bandura: draw a boy in blue and 36 next to it and a girl then 36 to help you remember that was the participants used etc hard to explain but haha thats what i do! Also I'm making youtube videos if that helps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqOqydq615U

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed Rahman)
    We do the same topics, except from OCD; i do schizophrenia. What i tend to do is if you haven't got any from your teachers make model answers, then structure it then find trigger words for each paragraph that will help you remember the rest. Perhaps, also use images; e.g for the bobodoll study by Bandura: draw a boy in blue and 36 next to it and a girl then 36 to help you remember that was the participants used etc hard to explain but haha thats what i do! Also I'm making youtube videos if that helps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqOqydq615U
    Please bare in mind numbers etc are not needed for evaluation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    You probably could if you had enough evaluation for both. I'd at least do two examples for one just in case though!
    Thank you! Also does anybody know if real world applications count as IDA points?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the double post but would anybody mind marking my aggression essay?

I don't think my teachers marking is very correct as she would most often mark my work as 100% however at AS I only got a low B and low A, I think she marks my work as if it is a lot better than it actually is! I'd really appreciate it just so I know what level I'm at currently!

Also how strictly do you keep to the 600 word guideline with a 8+16 mark question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isabella~)
    What's everyone using for research methods revision?
    I just found this youtube channel: WAHEY Productions, and they broke down all of A2 research methods into 3 videos that were 8 minutes long maximum. It wasn't too content heavy and it was real fun to watch, as apposed to looking over notes.

Hope this helps

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.