Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Accept contract-it doesnt automatically accept it, just redirects you to the page for details.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone knows when its the deadline to accept the accommodation offer ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilthoniel)
    Accept contract-it doesnt automatically accept it, just redirects you to the page for details.
    Thanks very much! I was too scared to click that thinking it would accept the offer without telling me what it is first!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliva_wong)
    does anyone knows when its the deadline to accept the accommodation offer ?
    I think it said 7 days from receiving the offer so it'll be different for each person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wassap)
    Thanks very much! I was too scared to click that thinking it would accept the offer without telling me what it is first!
    Sure thing! So, did you get your first choice after all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wassap)
    I think it said 7 days from receiving the offer so it'll be different for each person.
    Thank you i was having trouble deciding the payment method since i'm international student

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gstar7)
    I've heard that mansion fountainbridge had students from all of the Edinburgh unis (Napier and queen Margaret). I'm not sure if that's true though. Also I think a common room is really important.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just finished my first year at Edinburgh Uni and stayed at Mansion Fountainbridge this year. It is not a bad accommodation at all. It's in the fountainbridge area of Edinburgh which is super close to Haymarket train station, a 10 minute walk from prince's street, and under 20 minutes to George Square. We're one of the few accommodations that has double beds as well. It is true that there isn't a common room, which is a downside, but i haven't found it to be too bad, we just hang out in each other's flats

There are students from other unis staying in other buildings (Harriot-Watt and Napier mostly) but one entire building, at least this year, was dedicated solely for Edinburgh uni freshers or international exchange students.

Hope this helped any! If you've got any other questions about fountainbridge feel free to ask!

ReputationRep:
    Just got offered accomodation for abbeyhill and im not too pleased as it wasnt one of my top choices.
    Does anyone know anything about what its like staying there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurabeth18)
    Just got offered accomodation for abbeyhill and im not too pleased as it wasnt one of my top choices.
    Does anyone know anything about what its like staying there?

I just got Abbeyhill too!! Hopefully it will be good!!

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any experience with crm elliot house? (re type of students / facilities)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aleksandra98)
    I just got Abbeyhill too!! Hopefully it will be good!!
    I'mhoping so. Was abbeyhill one of your top choices?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if abbeyhill's large room is quite a bit bigger than standard or what? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just got an offer for Sugarhouse Close

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by gstar7)
    I just got an offer for Sugarhouse Close

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here, was it a 10 person flat?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JP298)
    Same here, was it a 10 person flat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got a 10 person flat from Sugarhouse! Living with 9 other people kinda makes me anxious though tbh

(Original post by erod47)
    I got a 10 person flat from Sugarhouse! Living with 9 other people kinda makes me anxious though tbh
    Hahaha, I thought it would of been 5/6, not 10! Haha, nah nothing to be anxious of It should help with making new pals. I do think there is such more opportunity for arguments etc with 10 people but hey ho, I think that could be present in any flat. What course are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JP298)
    Hahaha, I thought it would of been 5/6, not 10! Haha, nah nothing to be anxious of It should help with making new pals. I do think there is such more opportunity for arguments etc with 10 people but hey ho, I think that could be present in any flat. What course are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True, plus it must be an enormous flat since each room is single! I'm doing International Relations but I intend to switch to Chinese and Economics during the first two weeks

True, plus it must be an enormous flat since each room is single! I'm doing International Relations but I intend to switch to Chinese and Economics during the first two weeks
    That's an interesting change haha. I read a while back that Edinburgh uni only reserved 80 rooms since sugarhouse close is actually privately owned!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JP298)
    That's an interesting change haha. I read a while back that Edinburgh uni only reserved 80 rooms since sugarhouse close is actually privately owned!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aren't we lucky then! I wonder if they actually have the smaller flats available, but thinking about it a 10 person flat actually sounds pretty exciting. I'm just happy I didn't get catered halls which was my last choice. What course are you doing?

Aren't we lucky then! I wonder if they actually have the smaller flats available, but thinking about it a 10 person flat actually sounds pretty exciting. I'm just happy I didn't get catered halls which was my last choice. What course are you doing?
    I'm doing a Bsc in Computer Science + Artificial Intelligence. The common room looks really good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.